Chess.com App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chess.com App

Anyone else here use it? I downloaded it one day while dropping a deuce and have been hooked ever since. I usually play 1 or 3 minute games since I have a short attention span. I played chess here and there growing up but never really learned how to properly play. Anyway, its a great app and wonder if any e30 people also play chess.
    sigpic

I have been playing my 8yr old son since he was 5. While I am undefeated, he has stalemated me twice, he is now making me think a bit. I don’t know any formal strategies or moves though.

Comment

can you actually play people you know? most of the android apps ive used are all bullshit, like is it really that hard to make a fucking chess app where my wife or brother and i can just play a game of chess?

Comment

My uncles play that all the time. I think I’m too young, maybe in a decade

Comment

Gameknot.com is a better platform if you are looking to really learn how to play chess well.

I have been hooked for a couple of years now. I pay 30/year for an upgraded membership, and have a 1400+ ELO.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
            Gameknot.com is a better platform if you are looking to really learn how to play chess well.

I have been hooked for a couple of years now. I pay 30/year for an upgraded membership, and have a 1400+ ELO.
            I just checked out gameknot.com, website looks totally outdated and is not for me. That's why I like chess.com, the design is clean and its easy to use and navigate.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
              I just checked out gameknot.com, website looks totally outdated and is not for me. That's why I like chess.com, the design is clean and its easy to use and navigate.
              No worries.

I just investigated chess.com more thoroughly and it doesn't feel right to me, so different strokes for different folks!

Comment

I signed up and played with my coworkers for a few months. Got tired of getting absolutely destroyed every game and deleted the app lol. But I've been looking for some bullshit thing to distract me at work (as if r3v doesnt do that enough) and might reinstall it
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                  I signed up and played with my coworkers for a few months. Got tired of getting absolutely destroyed every game and deleted the app lol. But I've been looking for some bullshit thing to distract me at work (as if r3v doesnt do that enough) and might reinstall it
                  Haha! Yeah same thing happened with me. It took a few months a losing before I started realizing what mistakes I was making. They have tons of tutorials that actually help.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                    Haha! Yeah same thing happened with me. It took a few months a losing before I started realizing what mistakes I was making. They have tons of tutorials that actually help.
                    Exactly. Chess is a game where a single wrong move, especially at the beginning, can ruin an entire game.

Memorizing the four knights opening, or the maroczy gambit, or the myriad others really helps ensure that you start off on the right foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Longile
                      For those asking, it does look like you can play others w the app.
                      Oh yeah, I shoud've probably mentioned that. It's what hooked me in, instant game play against people from around the world. Depending on the time of the day, you be playing people from certain countries. I'm in Cali so if I'm playing late at night, I'll most likely be paired against players from India. It's great, most people are good sports but like any internet platform, you'll have your share of trolls and sh*t talkers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X