Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darfur, and the horrid thing that humans are capable of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darfur, and the horrid thing that humans are capable of...

What the hell am I talking about? Well even myspace is spreading awareness of the things going on in Darfur, Sudan.

Last night on 60 minutes Scott Pelley went to Darfur, Sudan in search of Jacob who's entire village was destroyed by the Sudanese government. Why? Sudan is carrying out genocide on it's own people. Over 300,000 are already dead. 2 Million are refugees hiding in the Sahara. The Sudanese government along with a racist Arab militia are to blame.

Jacob's school books were found by a journalist and they were sent to the Holocaust Memorial in Washington D.C. and 60 Minutes set out to see if he was alive. They met up with him to hear his story and give him back his school books and other possessions that were found, he told Scott Pelley to take them back to the memorial so people would know what is going on in Darfur.

When Bush confronted and was the first to outright say genocide the Sudanese represenatives at the UN Council one did nothing, one laughed. It sickens me. But what sickens me even more is we haven't done anything about it, and only justification is we are in bed with them because they are slowly throwing us a bone every once in awhile with information on terrorists.

I just thought if you hadn't heard of this yet, you should.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

You would think our government and the world community would have learned its' lessons after Rawanda

Comment

This has been going on for years.
      It's a tough spot for the UN because w/o the proper type of resolution passed, they aren't able to use any military force (read: Rwanda). And even when they do use force, it's usually not ver effective (read: Somalia).
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

plus its made even more difficult by the fact that the sudanese gov has info regarding al qaedi, meaning the bush gov is willing to turn a blind eye until we get all the info we need... fuckin politics..

Oh and were are our almighty european freinds eh? I dont see them doing a whole lot about this problem, I thought they were holier then thou.

Comment

Working...
        X