Job at the mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job at the mountain

I just scored a job at the mountain this season at the board shop at mt. hood meadows. the pay is low but the benefits are great; season pass, discounted or free snowboarding and other resorts in oregon and washington. Plus i get discounts on gear and such, and i like the atmoshpere and the clean air!

i envy you

i want to go snowboarding so bad, but i probably won't get to this winter :(. sigh, i need a new board and bindings. yesterday i went and put on my snowboard boots and walked around with them for a little bit hehe.

Comment

Pretty sweet job. Even if it doesn't pay much, you get a bunch of free stuff, so it evens out. And all the free stuff can't be taxed! ;)

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
      yesterday i went and put on my snowboard boots and walked around with them for a little bit hehe.
      I'm almost to that point. Snowboard season is SO close. It's nice living 30min away from the mountain, but it also sucks because it calls you all the time, begging you to ride it. :)

They've got an inch mid mountain! :D

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
        I'm almost to that point. Snowboard season is SO close. It's nice living 30min away from the mountain, but it also sucks because it calls you all the time, begging you to ride it. :)

They've got an inch mid mountain! :D
        http://www.mtbachelor.com/mountain_services/
        I've been checking it too, Andy. Soon. Soon, we will ride.

Comment

I'm waiting myself. Cannot wait for this season! Also doing Whistler in January

http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/winter/conditions.asp <---No Snow yet.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
            I'm waiting myself. Cannot wait for this season! Also doing Whistler in January

http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/winter/conditions.asp <---No Snow yet.
            cool, what are you doing at whistler?

Comment

Its so freaking close and Im super pumped. Just made arrangements for a trip to Jackson Hole mid march and recieved my 2 season passes in the mail this past weekend. Hope to get 60 days on the hill this year.

You PNW guys ever hit up mt baker? It seems like a cream dream of a place.
              Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                I just scored a job at the mountain this season at the board shop at mt. hood meadows. the pay is low but the benefits are great; season pass, discounted or free snowboarding and other resorts in oregon and washington. Plus i get discounts on gear and such, and i like the atmoshpere and the clean air!
                Badass, this christmas break I'm hopin 2 hit up meadows a bunch cuz my cousins love it there. Beats hood for a park...I'l stop into the shop say hi

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
                  cool, what are you doing at whistler?
                  Drinking in the Lodge and sitting in the hotel watching TV :p

Comment

long drive... damn
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236 View Post
                      Its so freaking close and Im super pumped. Just made arrangements for a trip to Jackson Hole mid march and recieved my 2 season passes in the mail this past weekend. Hope to get 60 days on the hill this year.

You PNW guys ever hit up mt baker? It seems like a cream dream of a place.
                      crystal mountain resort is that shat, their runs are sooooo long it's almost a day trip! and they actually inforce the leash rule wtf.

Comment

The leash rule is the quite possibly the dumbest rule out there. I cant think of a time when both straps on both bindings would ever release.
                        Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236 View Post
                          The leash rule is the quite possibly the dumbest rule out there. I cant think of a time when both straps on both bindings would ever release.

Have you ever witnessed some jackass take both of his off at the top of a run and drop his board?

I just put a key ring around my bottom lace in my boot and then use a short little clip to go to it. Hardly an inconvenience.
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Its just the skiers trying to get back at us.
                            What a stupid rule, must have a leash?
                            What are my feet going to fall off?

Anywho, I saw snow on sunday in NH. We had flurries, it was sweet.
                            So getting the boards and snowmobiles ready is a must!

Comment

my leash is hardly a leash, it's a key ring and a clip with a 3in rope, even if i did take off both my bindings i can't walk with it. oh well i suppose. Went to work today, man there was a lot of shit to do, most of the employees dont even start until at least the 11th or until the snow falls.

Comment

Working...
                              X