my new toy ! Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new toy ! Pics

went to the bike store to pick up some parts for my track bike and the salesman ( a guy I know long time) showed me this latest super trick track machine. Turns out the previous owner put 5k worth of extras into this bike and then 3 month later traded it for the new Triumph. His loss is my gain and I LOVE this bike!

Thanks Jerry for giving me a ride to the Bike store !

It's a 2006 Yamaha R6 with an extended warranty untill 2010 !!! This bike is awesome, even has the slipper clutch !!! 115 HP and 355 lbs dry weight

Some of the extras include:

Acrapovic Evolution full racing exhaust system, Powercommander (tunned on the dyno), HyperPro Damper Kit, CRG billet clutch and brake levers - Featuring "Roll-A-Click" technology for lever reach adjustability, Rear seat cowl, Puig doubble bubble windscreen, Spotter Mirrors with LED turn Signals, Smoke LED Tail Light with Integrated Signals, Carbon Fiber Inlay Frame Sliders, Custom Swingarm Sliders Spools, Puig billet alluminum license plate relocator kit... etc...

Already got front and rear carbon fiber fenders as well as the c/f chain guard, looking to get adjustable rear sets ...

I wish it was Spring !

Nice man. I love those new R6s. The roll a click levers are soooo much better than the stock ones, and the slipper clutch makes downshifting as speed much easier. You are going to have a hoot on that thing!!
    My only suggestion is to ditch the metal sliders and get some urethane ones. My friend had some metal frame sliders on his 636 and lowsided at the track. Those things have absolutely no give and ended up bending the engine mount bolt that holds the slider to the frame. If he was going any faster it probably would have ended up snapping the tap on the frame that holds the bolt.

Comment

Sick, what kind of bike is your track bike?

I want a 600rr so bad (I'm not too schooled on bikes, I just trust the honda namesake)

Comment

cool, I didn't even think of that ! I got urethane sliders on my track bike - ZX7-RR

Comment

ah yes, the new R6 and R1's are spectacular. And you bought my favorite color, ass. STOP BEEING WHAT I WANT TO BE.

But you should have got an Aprilia RSV1000 Factory. We are starting to sell tham where i work.

Comment

I really like the style to that bike. Those in the satin black color RULE. IMHO.
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by f u z z View Post

But you should have got an Aprilia RSV1000 Factory. We are starting to sell tham where i work.
              Aprilia is too big and bulky for me (you have to be at least 6' 200 lbs to be comfortable on it). I was looking at MV Augusta and the Ducati 999 but since there is a brand new Ducati (single sidded swing arm 999) coming out next year I decided to go with the lightest, badest 600 track machine there is. We'll see what happens next year ;)

Comment

nice bike! heres my 2002 R6:

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                  Aprilia is too big and bulky for me (you have to be at least 6' 200 lbs to be comfortable on it). I was looking at MV Augusta and the Ducati 999 but since there is a brand new Ducati (single sidded swing arm 999) coming out next year I decided to go with the lightest, badest 600 track machine there is. We'll see what happens next year ;)
                  Do Aprillia bikes really fit bigger people better?? I'm 6'4" 235 and I've been told that Triumph bikes would be well suited for someone my size, but I've been under the impression that they don't have the perfomance of a Ducati or an Aprillia
                  PNW Crew
                  90 m3
                  06 m5

Comment

fucking suhweet

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
                      Do Aprillia bikes really fit bigger people better?? I'm 6'4" 235 and I've been told that Triumph bikes would be well suited for someone my size, but I've been under the impression that they don't have the perfomance of a Ducati or an Aprillia

If you are talking about sport bikes - yeah, Aprilia would be perfect for you ! It has the highest seat height and the 1000cc would move your ass nicely.
                      Triumphs are much smaller, except for the brand new (and tiny) 675 they are ancient dinosaurs ! New Kwak zx14, hayabusa or the GSXR1000 would also be sweet (if you know how to ride)

Comment

I bought a 93 volvo 850 over the weekend, I thought I had toys, hah! so many cool toys, hope my interview goes well tomorrow, I'll ask for a signing bonus so I can get better toys.

Comment

i cant wait to purchase my 07 r6 in april

Comment

I still love my 04 CBR600 F4i. I tried the 600rr when I first looked at them, but I found the f4i to be soo much more comfortable, for my stature at least.
                            Attached Files
                            01 325Ci
                            87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

the only problem with aprilia is getting parts. the dealer network is very small, and there are numerous supply chain problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X