Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking next to a white curb.

What does a white curb mean?

I know red is no parking, green is a specified time limit, yellow is loading, but what does a white curb mean?

I got a ticket for parking in front of a white curb yesterday. There was no parking meter, no signs saying no parking, it was not a permit parking area, there was nothing saying that there was a time limit for that space, but I got a ticket.

-Erik

White zoneis for passenger loading and unloading only with a time limit of five minutes. The driver MUST remain with the vehicle at all times. White zones are NOT intended for private parking. Typical establishments that may qualify for white zones are hospitals, restaurants, hotels, apartment buildings, theaters, churches or other large places of assembly. The effective times of white zones vary and are indicated by signs or by stencils on the curb.

Comment

The effective times of white zones vary and are indicated by signs or by stencils on the curb.
      What if there were no signs or markings anywhere indicating the time limit?

*Damnit, just realized that the time limit doesn't really matter because apparantly, the driver must remain with the vehicle...

-Erik

Comment

Around here, yellow is no parking, red is a fire zone (No parking) and white is a loading zone as stated. Never seen a green curb. Then again, we have free parking everywhere.

Comment

that suuuucks. was it in downtown?
          1991 318iS swapped w/ euro S50B32
          -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by TerribleONE View Post
            that suuuucks. was it in downtown?
            Yeah, it was on Santa Clara Street just around the corner of my appartment.

-Erik

Comment

The curbs around here are all granit. No colors on them. That just sounds wierd to me what your states do. We have signs only.
              Originally posted by cabriodster87
              "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
              Originally posted by Kershaw
              i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Working...
              X