Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    Another e24 done.
    Did the wheels come with that kit? Would they be way too big for the 2002 kit?

Nice work. I like that Impala.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      Did the wheels come with that kit? Would they be way too big for the 2002 kit?

Nice work. I like that Impala.
      Yes they did. I used these wheels here on this 2002 https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...&postcount=742 they are the same size as the Alpina e24 wheels. I had to narrow the rear wheels and use the front tires on them plus notch the top of the wheels and tires to clear the struts and shocks. Now with this turbo model and the flares, I got to see if they will fit it.

And thanks!

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Turbo is done. Wheels fit but could not use the rear so they had to be cut down to the same size as the front. Also had to cut the arches and trim inside the flares to get the wheels to fit.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Turbo is done. Wheels fit but could not use the rear so they had to be cut down to the same size as the front. Also had to cut the arches and trim inside the flares to get the wheels to fit.

I like the Ireland Engineering sway bar on the back ;)
          But you forgot to install the front one.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Kit don't come with a front sway for some reason, they forgot it like the armrest and door panel detail lol.

Edit: Got to thinking, could make a sway out of some brass. Look around to see what Hobby Lobby has this friday.
            Last edited by JasonC; 12-12-2017, 02:10 AM.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I am starting on 2 mid 50's station wagons. 55 nomad and 55 ford. The ford kit is a 2 n 1 kit stock or gasser. The 55 nomad is a Boyd custom. I am making both of them gasser's !
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

First time in a while I got some 1:18th diecast. My parents got me the early model for Christmas and I picked up the late model Alpina a few weeks ago.

Minichamps

OTTO

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

^^^@JasonC where did they get the 323i from?
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                    ^^^@JasonC where did they get the 323i from?
                    Off of eBay. Minichamps has this red one and a silver one, both are stock. Then they got a few race versions.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

They make really good die-cast cars. I have a ton of 1/43 scale cars, A TON lol.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Finally decided to start working on my aoshima m3 again. Got it finished up and am doing decals. There is a ton of them so its slow going. Will likely finish them up tomorrow one thing about this engine kit that i didn’t know is it sits to high for the hood :/ it can go on but sits goofy. The stripe decals are also to big. I got them lined up properly and once they dry and harden over night i will trim them.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Looking good, bummer about the engine filament. I hate large decals too, the black Alpina was a headache and they still turned out crooked..

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Looking good, bummer about the engine filament. I hate large decals too, the black Alpina was a headache and they still turned out crooked..

Yep. Had i known the engine was just a tad to high i could of lowered it and would be all good. But its fine i can just display the car withe hood off and make a little hanger for it in the clear display case i will buy for it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Yep. Had i known the engine was just a tad to high i could of lowered it and would be all good. But its fine i can just display the car withe hood off and make a little hanger for it in the clear display case i will buy for it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Finished. Will clear coat the decals tomorrow.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X