No announcement yet.

Favorite Whisky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't really like whiskey but this is what we have for people who do like it.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Wisers deluxe. Available in Canada! 58 bucks a 60 oz. normal 60ozs cost 54 bucks. Well worth the extra few bucks

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
      Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Jameson is my favorite.:nice:
        Last edited by QUKBMER; 01-05-2016, 04:26 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
          That's why Bulliet is so good. It's affordable and tasty, makes a great dark and stormy.
          Uhhhhhh. Dark and Stormy calls for Dark Rum Brochev.

You must be like the bartender who muddled up lemon in my $13 Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned friday night.

Just change the recipes all Willy-Nilly. :p
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

:-)
            Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Uhhhhhh. Dark and Stormy calls for Dark Rum Brochev.

You must be like the bartender who muddled up lemon in my $13 Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned friday night.

Just change the recipes all Willy-Nilly. :p
            I meant an horses neck... I just read what I wrote and laughed.... Too much bulleit perhaps?
            Attached Files
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

bulliet is pronominal for the price. i just discovered it a few weeks ago when i was perusing a liquor store going out of business and they were selling it for 30% off. what a deal and what a good bourbon. makers mark 46 is very under rated. it has a flavor complexity much superior to standard makers mark.

at the beginning of this thread there are a lot of misconceptions about what is a bourbon. the only requirements to call a whiskey a bourbon is that it has to be made anywhere in the us of a, it has to be made with 51% corn, it has to be made in a new unused american oak barrel. that is it. the name, however, did come from bourbon county kentucky which is no longer a county. most successful bourbons are made in kentucky because the water is filtered through limestone which removes any iron content in the water. a necessity for making whiskeys.

a couple of years ago, i did a bourbon tour which encompassed woodford, buffalo trace, and maker's mark. i was really impressed with woodford and makers. i know there are a lot of people out there that like buffalo trace products but at least for me when i took the "pepsi challenge" that day, i have to say their products are shit in my opinion. they didn't offer to any tastes of the pappy van winkle, but i thought blanton's tasted like cheap swill in an expensive bottle with a stupid cork that everyone needs to collect. i will never go back there and i will never buy any of their products with the exception of the fact that i do have a desire to try the pappy's.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Part of Bulliet's excellence is the higher-than-typical Rye content.

I'm happy to see Rye coming back into fashion in general.

A Mnahattan with a quality Rye blows away the same drink made with a quality Bourbon. And I like bourbon.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I'm primarily an Islay fan. I try to keep a bottle of Lagavulin around when I can afford it, though Bowmore does the job. I have a cask strength Bowmore I got a couple of years ago that I break out every so often, and about two shots left in a bottle of cask strength Macallan.

As for bourbon, no bar is complete without a bottle of Maker's. My grandfather's words, not mine.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

just picked this one up for the 1st time, very pleasantly surprised

Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Wow, suprised you've never tried it.

If you see it anywhere, snag a bottle of the double oaked WR. Excellent for sipping.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah me too frankly, its always been something I have been meaning to snag a bottle of, just never have. With the rain day today and a day off tomorrow I dont think there will be too much of this particular bottle left
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Bourbon man here. My go to for 'value' is 1783, on the upper end of the scale, Woodford Reserve or Elijah Craig.

Comment

Wife bought me 2 180ml bottle of Nikka Single Cask Reserve. 1 is a 20 and the other 25 year! FTW!

http://www.nikka.com/eng/products/wh...lecask_yoichi/

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Yeah me too frankly, its always been something I have been meaning to snag a bottle of, just never have. With the rain day today and a day off tomorrow I dont think there will be too much of this particular bottle left
                              You obviously dont fly Delta much, its their plane bourbon.

I was usually tanked on Woodford by the end of my 5 hour commute between LAX and ATL. The worst was the flight to/from LGA. I lived on Delta and was always upgraded (in first class they get a manifest with your name) and it was almost always one of two stewardesses. Id get to my seat with a couple bottles already there for my amusement during take off and theyd usually feed me 3-4 more during the flight.

I was flying so much Delta was giving me these cards that you could give to stewardesses that gave them like 2500 miles and told corporate that they made a regular customer happy. They knew when I got drunk Id make it RAIN!
                              Im now E30less.
                              sigpic

Comment

haha

I do fly delta fairly often when I do fly, but I almost never get the up grade, so I am stuck in cattle class 98% of the time. Hell most of the planes I am on dont even have 1st/business class section, little puddle jumpers for most of my flying. And I refuse to spend 7-8 bucks a pop for those itty bitty bottles

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X