i hate insurance companies..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
    Dude tell me about it. 3 weeks ago this dumb bitch threw her suburban into reverse at a stop sign and backed into me while i was completely stopped. Well she told her insurance company that I wasnt there when she started backing so they said i must have been moving and they ruled in her favor. Im fucking sueing her ass though.
    that is pretty messed up. i would most certainly sue her bitch ass.

women shouldnt drive big suvs, or E30's ;)
    *cue vid of women trying to fill up car with tank on wrong side*

Comment

One thing that made me really angry with a particular insurance company is that when they gave me a quote, they decided to raise it after I told them that I decided to choose their company after my car got damaged by one of their customers.

I was in an accident that was clearly the other driver's fault. The woman drove on the wrong side of the road and crashed into me head on. Even though my car was driveable after the accident, her insurance company declared my car a total loss and cut me a check on the spot. I was very pleased with the level of service that I got and being it was about time for me to renew, I went ahead and signed up with that company.

They took all of my information and gave me a quote for 6 months which was reasonable, so I agreed to it. Towards the end of the phone conversation they had this survey type of questionaire where one of the questions was, "How did you hear about our company" or something to the effect of "Why did you choose us?" and I told them the whole story about the accident and how impresed with the professionalism of their adjuster and how signing up with them seemed like a good idea.

"...well Mr. Scotty.." said the voice over the phone, "..because you were involved in an accident last week, we will have to adjust your quote accordingly..." WTF! You mean I am about to be penalized?

Ever since that day I have been inclined to LIE to them. Right now the official report is that my engine is blown and the car is sitting in the driveway but I have to have it insured so that I can keep tags on it. So its not my intent to commit fraud, however, I quickly learned that anything you say to the insurance company can and WILL be used against you.

Comment

Man, I have been screwed over by insurance more times dropped325i has taken a cock up the ass.

Insurance is SUCH a damn scam, make you pay a shitton every month (210 woot...) then when something AUCTUALLY does happen they leave you holding the shitbag and only give you enough money to pay for a parking meter.
        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

In BC there is a government run insurance company that pretty much has a monopoly on car insurance. They're a pain in the ass and their rates are a bit higher than average but they seem to give up if you fuck with them long enough. Over the past 3-4 years I have recieved more than $15k for repair, reimbursement and injury.

Then again the people who have hit me have not been complete assholes and actually admitted fault...
          sigpic
          1991 Diamantschwarz 318is
          1998 Cosmosschwarz M3 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
            Im fucking sueing her ass though.
            Note:
            Find a lawyer that can spell the future progressive tense of the verb sue.

Now you're in business.
            tasty

Comment

Whiplash is your friend and "out of the loop" lawyers your best pals.

this I learned from a Motorcycling friend whom was cut off by a lady on an SUV, they were doing about 5MPH.
              he bruised his knee, a small dent on fork of his $ 1,500 bike.

Out Of The Loop layer sent him to a therapist...
              during examination he asked if his neck hurt, pal replied "I don't know".
              So his neck was twisted to full range then therapist asked again..
              DOES IT HURT NOW ? Well, it sure did.

So to another therapist they send him to look at his knee.,
              same procedure and 15g's later he's riding an 06 HD Ultra Glide with all the toys.

Moral of the story ?

Get your own lawyer because the insurance companies are there to make money,
              not to dole it out.

Comment

Originally posted by matte30is View Post
                But you have to carry it.
                Not in some states, NH and MT come to mind. Now if you get in an accident you are required to have insurance from that point on.

Comment

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
                  Man, I have been screwed over by insurance more times dropped325i has taken a cock up the ass.

Insurance is SUCH a damn scam, make you pay a shitton every month (210 woot...) then when something AUCTUALLY does happen they leave you holding the shitbag and only give you enough money to pay for a parking meter.
                  Jesus dude, how many wrecks do you have? 210? Shit, I'm 85 bucks for 3 cars.

-Charlie
                  Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                  '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                  FYYFF

Comment

Working...
                  X