best motorcycle save ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best motorcycle save ever

last year's 250cc gp in turkey. give it about a minute.

pretty good - there is a better one floating around though
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

Comment

damn, I'd be dead. I got little recovery skills, let alone a fire breathing two-stroke bent at 40deg at serious speed.

Comment

MvAugusta, long time without hearing that brand, those bikes were hot in the seventies.

He almost crashed again entering the pits :p .

He drove like a master on the grass in slicks, I would have skidded all over the place :o

Comment

it's all about relaxing. when you're in the sand, for example, being 'tense on the bars' it the last thing you wanna do.

two summers ago, i was on the highway with my girlfriend on a '72 Honda CB350. ~60 mph. The front [inner] tube blew and the front end got reeeeeeeeal fuckin 'squirmy'. There was a semi like 5 feet to the left..

my heat stopped beating.

but i screamed in my head to keep a loose grip on the bars..

do you recall playing with a gyroscope in your youth?
          how it resisted pivot from spin axis?

motorcycle wheels [at speed] naturally act as large gyroscopes.
          (hence, motorcycles are somewhat 'self-correcting')

flexing - being tense - 'fights' the natural, self-correcting nature of a motorcycle.

.. it was soo hard for me to keep my arms loose on the bars.

the bike squirmed this way and that.

I once had a rear tire loose pressure.. it wasn't that bad. Having a front tire go was something i just prayed never happened to me..

.. and i also couldn't apply the brakes hard. (it would have upset things in an already perilous state.

it felt like an hour's time, but eventually, the speed came down and i got us pulled to the side without an impact involved.

holy shit. my heart's pounding just thinking about it.
          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I had a women run, I repeat run out in the crosswalk in front of me with a baby in her arms this past spring here in town. Tried my damndest to stop, wasnt happening, so I ended up laying it down and skidding into a granite curb.......damage to the bike was fairly minor and repairable, I still have scars on my ankle from that one tho...Hurt well, and I won't ride in shorts and a t shirt again anytime soon LOL
            01 325Ci
            87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

yea I would NOT recommend that. I always wear jeans and racing boots. sometimes if I'm just cruising on the city streets I will admit, I'm an idiot, I wear a t-shirt. but to be honest I usually wear a full suit, cause mostly on the street I do grouprides, besides the ride to school here and there

if that happened to me i would have called the cops on the woman and let her pay for my bike.

and as for staying loose on the bars. that happened on the pavement. you want to stay stiff on the bars to minimize the headshake. if you're loose on the bars during headshake you WILL get thrown off the bike and highside. thats why we have steering dampers. to tighten up the front end to prevent headshake.

btw uofom3 I think I know the save you're talking about, I'm gonna try and find it
              Originally posted by blunt
              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Jesus fucking christ that is insane.
                tasty

Comment

Originally posted by ping65810 View Post
                  I had a women run, I repeat run out in the crosswalk in front of me with a baby in her arms this past spring here in town. Tried my damndest to stop, wasnt happening, so I ended up laying it down and skidding into a granite curb.......damage to the bike was fairly minor and repairable, I still have scars on my ankle from that one tho...Hurt well, and I won't ride in shorts and a t shirt again anytime soon LOL
                  so what did she do afterwards?

Comment

Not bad, but it still can't beat this save: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGKhkO-SsDk

Originally posted by ping65810 View Post
                    :eeek: Please tell me that she stuck around or somebody stopped her...

Comment

lol i finally got the link (found it on the local forum) but you beat me to it

crazy save!
                      Originally posted by blunt
                      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                        lol i finally got the link (found it on the local forum) but you beat me to it

crazy save!
                        Yea that's the one i was thinking of too

Comment

After my accident, it happened to be in front of my bank, where most of the staff knows me. So, I had many, many people running over to me, and making sure I was okay. As for the women, she was in shock, and then said the usual "Are you okay, etc"
                          Unfortunately, with how the laws are worded, I would have a very tough time proving that it was her fault, since she was in a crosswalk. Had the damage been major it would have been one thing, but the only damage was some scuffs and scratches in the paint, and mirror, pegs, etc damage. All in all, not bad, so I just fixed it myself, rather than battle with my insurance and have my rates go up.
                          01 325Ci
                          87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

Working...
                          X