"deadliest catch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"deadliest catch"

Anyone watching this? I *hate* TV - hell I even make TV...

but with Mike Roe's assuring voice, and guys risking it all to make a living, this new season has got my attention....(missed last season)

I'll never eat crab again with out think what goes into it...

Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Im a avid watcher

That show is nuts!
    I dont think I would want to risk my life for a freaking crab

Comment

Who cares about the crab, they make upwards of $15,000 in 2 weeks.
      We're out there in here.

Comment

Yeah, I checked it out last night. It was pretty cool...as it always is. That has to be some freaky stuff!
        '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Mike Rowe is pretty cool, I've been watching the episodes whenever they are on and I'm watching the tube.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Anyone watch Mike Rowe in Dirty Jobs? Pretty funny and interesting imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryWhale View Post
              Anyone watch Mike Rowe in Dirty Jobs? Pretty funny and interesting imo.

I like watching both show's. I've been watching them since they 1st aired. But i can't remember what the spinoff of the deadliest catch was, it had to do with lobsters if i remember right? I don't think that show faired too well.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

this show is fucking boss. I tivo it every week!

Comment

Best fucking show on Discovery now that they took American Hot Rod and American Chopper from those of us who only have basic cable... Bastards!

How It's Made and Mythbusters are also bad ass, I think I'd actually take Mythbusters over those two shows, but at least there are 3 good shows on that channel, which is more than some channels can say.
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

i watch more shows on TLC and Discovery than anywhere else. Deadliest Catch is awesome along with Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, and the Planet Earth mini-series. Mike Roe is an awesome host for dirty jobs
                    Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                    Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

yeah, he really funny and very sarcastic
                      NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Love deadliest catch, been a fan since it started. Infact, I guess one of the captains lives in my home town, dunno which one, he came into my gf's dad's hobby shop, guess he was really cool guy. Thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

I don't know what it is about Deadliest Catch that makes it so addictive to watch. 60% of the show is about seeing these guys pull in these big traps full of crabs as everyone on deck yells "HOORAY!" while the other 40% is about the captian being a bit miffed because he has been driving around the ocean for 3 days.. burning up gas, and pulling up only 2 crabs at a time.

The only thing that I wonder is what happens if you get fired while out at sea.. or better yet- what happens when you get cold water splashed on you in sub-zero temperatures just one time too many and now you are ready to quit? Do you just sit in the cabin until the boat returns to the dock or does another ship come get you?

I enjoy programming from the entire Discovery Channel conglomerate which includes TLC, HGTV, National Geographic, and a few others.. I wish that I could just pay for that handful of channels and not have to watch anything else.

One thing that I can respect about Mike Rowe is that even though he plays the part of the uninvolved bystander who makes snide comments when something really intense is taking place, the fact that he does the "Dirty Jobs" show kind of makes it OK.

Comment

I could eat one of those traps full of crab in one sitting. Long live Super Jumbo China Buffet on Spring Valley and 75!!!! (unlimited King Crab included in their buffet) and it's BYOB!!!

Comment

The show is very well made. I worked on some of the commercial fishing boats from August until December of last year as a Biological Observer doing fisheries management work. I didn't work on crab boats, but I worked on several other types of boats including pot cod in which they fish with similar pots as the ones for crab. They show life on the boats fairly accurately with the exception of clever editing to make it more exciting for TV. Here is a picture of me measuring Halibut for a special project that I did. I have lots of other pics from Alaska and on the boats.

Comment

Working...
                              X