Trade your liberty for lower gas prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jscotty
    replied
    Originally posted by Ducati
    Wait, so I tell you where I go and how many I go with and I get cheap gas?

    Eh, I'd do it.
    Plus I want to know how fast you drive, what time you get in your car, if you wear your seatbelt all of the time and a video camera to record all of the activities that you do while in the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ducati
    replied
    Wait, so I tell you where I go and how many I go with and I get cheap gas?

    Eh, I'd do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • redbull 325is
    replied
    That won't happen, the only time the price of gas will go back down is when it becomes a good with an elastic demand (ie, usage changes with price)... Now gas is like cigarettes, you can jack the price up, 85-90% of the people will still use it just as much.

    Leave a comment:


  • Maluco
    replied
    Originally posted by Jscotty
    Now that gas prices are back up to $3 a gallon again, I was thinking about how this could be a good opportunity for the government to intrude on our civil liberties. Would people trade their civil liberties to pay only $1 for a gallon for gas?

    I think that if the government had a device that they could attach to your car to monitor your fuel economy, how much gas you use on any given day, where you go, and the number of people in your vehicle at any given time, most people would voluntarily have this device installed on their car.

    And to add a twist to this concept, to pay 50 cents per gallon for gas, they will reserve the right to make the information public for advertisers and people doing scientific research.
    That would not be trading ones liberty. It would be trading their privacy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jscotty
    started a topic Trade your liberty for lower gas prices

    Trade your liberty for lower gas prices

    Now that gas prices are back up to $3 a gallon again, I was thinking about how this could be a good opportunity for the government to intrude on our civil liberties. Would people trade their civil liberties to pay only $1 for a gallon for gas?

    I think that if the government had a device that they could attach to your car to monitor your fuel economy, how much gas you use on any given day, where you go, and the number of people in your vehicle at any given time, most people would voluntarily have this device installed on their car.

    And to add a twist to this concept, to pay 50 cents per gallon for gas, they will reserve the right to make the information public for advertisers and people doing scientific research.
Working...