Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IT guys, possible to remotely shutdown someone's PC at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT guys, possible to remotely shutdown someone's PC at work?

I want to play a prank on someone at work and be able to shutdown or restart their computer through the company network. Is this possible without any kind of admin rights? I thought I remembered reading something where you can do this in the command prompt box. What I find on google doesn't seem to work.

James, Charlie, anyone else IT smart???

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
    '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
    '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
    SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

I think you still need admin rights to that box thuogh.
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

you are going to need admin rights over any network. Once you get that its pretty easy.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

I remember back in HS comp sci we learned how to pop somebody's CD drive over the network. It was especially fun since the keyboards would get pushed off the desks.

'88 325is
        VP UT of Austin Autoholics
        BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Probably not. What operating system?

Comment

It only works without admin rights if the PC's on the network are peers and not in a domain. Although one thing you can do is wait for an opportunity for the IT guy to leave himself logged into your PC while he is fixing it. Then when he walks away and forgets to log out, thats when you give yourself admin rights. But then again, you would also have to know the name of the server where the authentication takes place.

Comment

flip the dang circuit breaker for there cubicle area or office
              85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

wait for them to go to lunch one day when they do not log off their computer and download or enable remote desktop, timbuktu, pcanywhere, etc.

Then mess with them later.

Comment

A cheap easy prank is to move their mouse off of their screen, then take a screenshot of their desktop...then paste it on top.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

There is something else you could do....install this on his PC

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
                      wait for them to go to lunch one day when they do not log off their computer and download or enable remote desktop, timbuktu, pcanywhere, etc.

Then mess with them later.
                      ^^^ What he said would be the most fun. There is also http://www.realvnc.com/ . These little progams are a blast when others dont know you have them. My teacher used to watch me mess with other kids when we were using computers. Wait until someone comes and talks to him and then go on and get up some bad websites and he wont have an answer!

Comment

jscotty, thats a good way to get someone fired...

vnc leaves an icon in the taskbar and changes colors when you access their computer.

i'd becareful on what you do to someone else's network. around here you'd be fired in no time, no questions asked if you gave yourself admin rights (although, here you'd never have the chance). tread lightly.
                        91 m3

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          A cheap easy prank is to move their mouse off of their screen, then take a screenshot of their desktop...then paste it on top.
                          I've done that and watched people go nuclear in less than 10 minutes. It's fucking HILARIOUS. It will take even your most seasoned veteran forever to figure it out.

Comment

My A+ class in HS the teacher would shut down kids computers that played games on the internet. It was hilarious.
                            :: PNW Crew ::
                            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

1. create a shutdown batch file. open notepad and paste the following script. replace the seconds variable with that timeframe you desire save the following as "yousuck.bat" (or whatever): SHUTDOWN /t:25 /r

2. hide the batch file. the windows directory would make a great choice.

3. create a shortcut to the file and place it inside their startup folder (i.e. F:\Documents and Settings\Name\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) or simply reroute an existing shortcut to the batch file.

4. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X