Backwater Structure of Kerala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backwater Structure of Kerala

Kerala backwaters are a unique feature found nowhere else in the world. Backwaters are a network of lakes, canals and estuaries of forty-four rivers that drain into the Arabian Sea.
    In the monsoon months, these backwaters reverberate with the sound of the traditional snake boat races, featuring the 130 feet long Chundan boats. It is believed that these boats were designed for ancient Naval battles fought in these backwaters. Local chieftains of the then kingdoms of Vadakkumkoor, Thekkumkoor and Chempakassery all maintained their chundan boats.
    Today these are still being used in another "battle", when up to 16 of them, with over a hundred rowers each, vie for top honours on the day of the races. The most important of these races is the Nehru Trophy Boat Race held on the second Saturday of August. The Aranmula boat race is more traditional and is associated with temple festival there. The boat carnival starts on the day of Thiruonam, the most auspicious day of the Kerala festival, Onam.
    Besides these backwaters of central Kerala, there are also other water bodies elsewhere. They are Veli, Kadinamkulam, Edava, Anjengo, Madayara, Peravur, Ashtamudi, Kayamkulam, Kodungalur, Chetuva and Valiyaparamba .
    This little paradise offers almost everything you desire. In fact, no other place in India or even the world, offers as much varieties as a Kerala Tourism offers to its guests.

Alright, I banned the user, but I'm leaving this thread open.

Spambots that can use smilies. I'm fucking dying of laughter over here...

Comment

Skynet is coming!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Working...
      X