Clear All

Damn, I want a Mitsubishi Starion now!

It's like, my favorite everything!

1. Turbo
    2. Box-style fenders (like E30 M3)
    3. Pop up head lights
    4. Fastback bodystyle
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

I see those things all over the place, and have seen a few pretty sick ones. I've always had a chub for those cars, they're badass looking.

Comment

I seen one around here, but most of them i've seen in people's yards rotting away.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
        I seen one around here, but most of them i've seen in people's yards rotting away.
        Same. It's too bad, too. They're cool cars, it's just a shame that more people don't have more of an enthusiast mentality. So many people are so quick to just discard a car because it's not expensive, initially fast, or a big performer. There are so many great little enthusiast cars out there that are just rotting away because the owner's don't really care about them.

Comment

I loled at the comment about someone thinking they were the most beautiful car ever built.

Let's be honest, they look like some terrible accident involving a raven and a transformers toy in that machine in the movie "The Fly"... It looks sporty and, for lack of a better adjective, Japanese, but definitely not beautiful.

That said, if it's RWD and fast, I'd rock it.
          '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

There is one on ebay with a couple hours left w/ 50K miles on it. Auto though

Comment

had a buddy with a starion in college, that thing was always breaking parts, more of a moneypit than the DSM's that would follow. When it ran well it was a whole lot of fun.

Comment

That car is the reason I've never really thought much of the M3's looks. It reminds me of the Mits Conquest.

Comment

At one point I did a lot of research on doing a 4G63 swap into one. I would still like to do it someday. There is always a clean red one parked down the street from SBI.
                  Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

i think you're all on PCP. anything with a shitsubishi emblem on it, is something i stay as far away from as possible.

-Dane
                    diving board division, bishez.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky7 View Post
                      i think you're all on PCP. anything with a shitsubishi emblem on it, is something i stay as far away from as possible.
                      Agreed. It's a nice idea, but the badge and quality that comes along with it sucks.
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Slow. Great looking (IMO) but slow like a downs syndrome kid.

According to this site the 1986 ES-Ir Starion TBI was their best shot being 8.3 0 to 60, and a 16.0 second quarter mile. TBI, SOHC, FMIC, slow ass truck motor in a two ton beast.

Even the '89 325i did better, with a 7.5 0 to 60 and a 1/4 mile of 15.5.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

theres some guy out here in SF who has like 3 in front of his house. 1 looks like a DD, the other 2 look like track cars...

also, there was a primerd out Starion in my buddys shop a few months ago, w/ a turbo as big as my head.:p
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

turbo ls1/t56 swap needed though

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                            Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                            E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

****bumping old thread...****

One of these has came up for sale local to me. I haven't got to go and look at it yet. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with these. The one in question is an 88 and is intercooled with 89k miles.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X