Damn, I want a Mitsubishi Starion now!
Collapse
X
-
The engine bay of the car in the original video looks like a bloody mess! mad hatter status indeed. -
saw a really nice-looking & well-done modified black one on the freeway the other day. they were one of my dream cars in high school.Leave a comment:
-
To bad the balance shaft 2.6L engines were junk, add a 2.0L turbo and be done with it. I like them as well but would rather not have a Chrysler/Mitsubishi hodge podge mess.Leave a comment:
-
starions are so rad, if i want knee deep in projects with the e30 i may consider picking one up. i've always loved the look of them.
4g63 swap or bust though :)Leave a comment:
-
-
I always thought they were awesome cars. Our neighbor lady when I was a kid had one but it was the Conquest tsi variant. Black on black. There is currently a red Starion with a cherry interior sunk into the ground a little over the rockers and rotting about a block away from my parents house. The weeds are all growing up around it where he doesnt mow. He says the turbos shot...... The guy WILL NOT sell it tho. Must have some sort of sentimental value or something, yet why doesn't he wanna see it fixed and working. Some people I just don't know about.Leave a comment:
-
in 1991 I had an 89 and back then it was super cool and really fast!
I haven't seen one on the road in ages though
it was a cool little car and it was faster than the 325 and had a lot of comfort featuresLeave a comment:
-
Totally looks like a slow as hell RX7, but it's still sexy. Because of this thread, I looked for Starions on ebay and found a few. One has a new-ish engine and is selling for THREE HUNDRED dollars.
Dü want. :( :(
MattLeave a comment:
-
A friend of mine with starions is always telling me that they develop 4 million vaccuum leaks. Looking at the snake pit of tubing in the engine bay, it's totally believable.Leave a comment:
-
I owned a Starion for about 2.5 years, and loved every second of it. Even when gas was 4.50gal and she only got 12mpg, it was the turbo spool echoing out of the exhaust that kept a smile on my face.
Mine was red, but my favorite flavor is Fiji Blue.
Leave a comment:
-
my friend troy ahd one in 88-89 when we were in HS.
TURBO, intercooled, 5 speed, red, i think it had recaros in it (aftermarket) we did a 3" exhaust with a "test pipe" and a small flow master single chamber. it was a blast to drive., and was pretty fast. no real issues with it, but it was a pretty new car.
we used to sneak out of film and video class with a video camera and drive around or go the game arcade in scottsdale then haul ass back to not ne late for the next period.
i'm pretty sure with some upgrades, like a bigger/newer turbo, better exhaust, cold air with a heat shield, boost bleed off for the waste gate and a blow off or recirc valve, you could have a fun, turbo intercooled, rear wheel drive mitsu. without sinking tons of $ into it.Leave a comment:
-
factory US engine was a adapted for service in cars from a fork lift. hard to make go real fast and make bigger power numbers with out a engine swap, kinda like the m20 is n/a.
You cant even do much with them by upping the boost, you just break shit, cranks mostly (IIRC). There are kits available to swap a 4g63 into them and that gives you a real bad ass fast car, as what a stock 4g makes with a little extra boost is more than a g54b makes when warmed up and maxed out.
That said I think they are neat looking and the quintessential 80's Japaneses sports car. Would I buy one??? maybe if the price was right and I had some spare engine to throw in it yeah.Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-18-2010, 11:08 AM.Leave a comment:
-
I do like the looks! I did get the guys # and i think i'm gonna give him a call and go and look at it tomorrow. It has the factory staggered wheels.
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: