Well I got a new toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got a new toy...

Well not quite really a toy, and truth be told I'm going in 50/50 with my dad but everything considered I'm getting by pretty well since I'll probably be driving it for the most part :) It's a 88 Swift SE-3 Formula Continental. It should be good for a beginner/regional car at the very least.

It was on the apexspeed.com forums (formula car of all sorts forum) then put on eBay. My dad and I talked about it, and it runs with the same engine, gearbox, and whatnot as his old racecars that he used to have but still has some spares from. Sooo... we decided to go in together to buy it so I could drive a car. It needs some real dustoff cleanup, and surely a new steering wheel, but it's a good car.

I'm racing karts now, and I still plan to race all year next year unless something huge changes. In fact before I found this, I wanted to change to driving a stock moto (CR125) shifter kart next year, but putting together a new kart like that would cost about $8-8.5k rather easily. I think I'll still try to find some sponsorship to pull that off, but now I'll have a car pretty soon too :) Definately stoked.

Oh, and its #66, at least right now, only one off of my karting number, 65. :-D

Justin

That looks like hella fun

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

That's gotta be the largest fucking NACA duct I've ever seen. lol.

Defintely looks like fun.

Comment

Sure will be, it was cheaper than what it would cost to build a new kart too! A little depressing car vs kart :P But whatever...
        Anyways, I almost didnt get it, our 'net took a dump 10 minutes before the end of the auction and I had to go across the street to my neighbors house and use their internet :) Glad I did though.

Yeah, those ducts are there because they had the awesome idea where to put the radiator. Take a guess? Just behind the seat back/fuel cell, and in front of the engine. No, I cant see it being considerably efficient either, but it definately works.

Comment

Oh shit, you be snatchin' cougers like mad with that piece.

Now you need to get a new license plate frame, "My other car is straight balls"

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
          R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
          "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
          My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

That looks like fun
            sigpic

Comment

ls1 swap.

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
              Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
              E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment