Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
    anyone have a 18.5" mossberg 500 barrel they want to get rid of? I need to start modding my guns more but the car is taking all the $ at the moment.

ohh and has anyone used either the ati top folding stock or the knoxx specops stock?

I do not have a barrel for you but can recommend a chaote shotgun folding stock. Very comfortable to shoot with and very high quality product. I had one on a mossburg 590a1 police series 18" shotgun and loved everything about it. Here is a link http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_pa...4&NewProduct=0

Comment

So where does one start in this "hobby"? Range rentals? Grandma's north forty? class?
      --Will

Comment

Originally posted by CarsSuck View Post
        So where does one start in this "hobby"? Range rentals? Grandma's north forty? class?

Take some classes unless you know of anyone who is very knowledgable with guns to teach you. If you become a member of a range they might have guns to rent to shoot as well but to become a member most ranges make you go through as safety class to join. Granny's north forty is good if you have someone with you that knows whats going on providing you have some kind of good back drop (hill side, big banking) to catch the bullets. Never fire a gun without some sort of catch protection as it can be very dangerous for anyone or anything in the back ground of the shot. Always wear hearing and eye protection and never point a gun in the direction of anyone even if it is unloaded !! EVER !!!!!!

Comment

haha, I'm no 'tard. I've shot some of my dad's old .22 rifles, but never any pistols or automatics. I'm going to try to get out to a range soon.
          --Will

Comment

I know I'm late to the party, but here's a snapshot of one of my favorite pieces:

It's an early 1980's (first run) 686. Back when they still came with hand-fitted actions. Still locks up tight after ~25 years. I was winning PPC competitions with this thing against guys running 6" bull-barreled race guns. It's really something else.

Emre
            sigpic
            1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
            2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

dude, I had the same one but in barreled blued. That gun is sweet as hell. I will one day get me another. Keep them coming, because this might be the last year your able to buy weapons of choice!
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Since the thread popped up again, my buddy and I invested in both a Mosin Nagant and a Franchi SPAS 12. Love the spas.

'90 325i

Comment

i just bought an syn 870 expess last weekend. pretty fun gun, but i only use it for clays.

next i want to get some sort of assault rifle or smg.
                  91 m3

Comment

Wow, browsing over the last 11 pages, some very nice firearms on here! When i was in boy scouts, I shot .22's and shotguns, alot of fun. My dad's a pretty big gun enthusiast and has a carry permit; I'm hoping we'll get out to a range soon and fire a few rounds. He's got a ton of stuff, can't remember everything but among them H&K G3, S&W .45, a few revolvers and some assorted rifles.

Comment

Microtech Small Arms Research STG 556

I was browing thru gunbroker.com & saw this.

I've always liked the Steyr AUG, but this one takes it to the next level. Anyone here have it yet?

Rey
                      "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                        Take some classes unless you know of anyone who is very knowledgable with guns to teach you. If you become a member of a range they might have guns to rent to shoot as well but to become a member most ranges make you go through as safety class to join. Always wear hearing and eye protection and never point a gun in the direction of anyone even if it is unloaded !! EVER !!!!!!
                        All sound advice.

It's not so much that any of us are sissies, but in the current climate it's just not as easy to shoot outdoors as it was 20 years ago, at least without wondering if the local sheriff might swing by. Also - in a world of lawsuits it's easier to go to a range than risk getting a lawsuit over a stray round. I've got the scar on my shin where a .38 Special got me when I was riding dirtbikes in a gravel pit as a kid. I barely heard the gunfire noise over my 2 stroke dirtbike, and in all honesty the bullet had lost most all of its' kinetic energy by the time it hit me.The doc that cleaned me reported it & the sheriff tried to go arrest the guy, despite the fact we were both technically trespassing on a weekend.

Point being, it happens.

At least at a range, you know when you are done that the day really is over. Plus you are surrounded by people willing to give advice. Some of the best advice & conversations in general I've had happened at ranges - just go in with a smile & a good attitude & dress neutral (no baggy pants), and you'll be surprised how much you end up talking to others. People love to talk about the gun they're shooting.

Also, I know my local rangemaster's biggest pet peeve is little wanksters who hold a pistol like you see in the movies - the grip parallel to the earth. Don't be afraid to ask a rangemaster to watch you empty a mag & critique you - those guys want you to be accurate as well as safe.

Rent / borrow before you buy so you get an idea what a few comparable guns feel like. It's like dating.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M0F01SD View Post
                          I was browing thru gunbroker.com & saw this.
                          I've always liked the Steyr AUG, but this one takes it to the next level. Anyone here have it yet?

Rey

You can read all about it here! They just started to release these.
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Reviving this thread.

I went to SEMA @Las Vegas last week (will post pics of that later) & decided to stop in at the indoor range. I rented this little baby (FN M249 para MiniMi) & had some serious fun.

Me shooting it, so this ^^^is not my beer belly...lol.

My friend has a video of it. I'll try to post it later.

Rey
                            Last edited by ///M0F01SD; 11-10-2007, 04:36 AM.
                            "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

F yeah! Post the vid or else a link when you can Rey. That's killer.

Were you @ Las Vegas Gun Range? Looks like the place I was at. I rented a MAC-10, and that's where we meet a guy who rented a .50 cal out. We drove out of town to fire the .50 - if that's the range I was at it wasn't set up for long shots of any sort.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

my newest additions:
                                German police P6, probably the best handgun deal going right now, until they run out...

I bought 2, one is a 1979, the other 1980. One of them came with the factory test target from 79, as well as an ID card from the officer who had been issued the pistol in the 80s, pretty sweet.
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X