Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Ban Upheld by Snohomish County Council

Please Contact the County Council Today!

Yesterday, the Snohomish County Council decided to uphold a 1970’s-era prohibition on firearms in county parks. Councilmember John Koster introduced a proposal that would have overturned the county’s ban and brought Snohomish County into compliance with state law but it failed due to a procedural motion.

The proposal would have modified existing county code so that law-abiding citizens with a Concealed Pistol License could carry a firearm for self-defense while on county park property. The discharge of a firearm, for any purpose other than self-defense, would still have been illegal.

Please take the time to respectfully voice your disapproval with the County Council’s actions. Also, please contact Councilmember Koster and thank him for his efforts to defeat this outdated, Draconian restriction. Contact information can be found below.

Councilmember John Koster – District 1
    425-388-3494
    John.Koster@co.snohomish.wa.us

Councilmember Brian Sullivan – District 2
    425-388-3494
    brian.sullivan@co.snohomish.wa.us

Councilmember Mike Cooper – District 3
    425-388-3494
    mike.cooper@co.snohomish.wa.us

Councilmember Dave Gossett – District 4
    425-388-3494
    dave.gossett@co.snohomish.wa.us

Councilmember Dave Somers – District 5
    425-388-3411
    dave.somers@co.snohomish.wa.us

And check this out.

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

thanks

seems legit to me. Got to have a CCW to carry anyway, discharge in city limits is illegal anyway, even in towns in MT think thats not a good idea.

The fact that its still has that total ban on the books is a big no no.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Yup jamb-o-matics, why not get a highpoint for 199 then ?????

dont cheap out on a carry weapon or ammo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE heard nothing on WA banning guns????? WTF, thanks to the cops getting ambushed by a crazy man no doubt is prompting this
        They are not jam o matics they eat everything atleast mine did. Ill say its a rumor. Even if I limp risted it with gold dots.
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

2 of my buddies have had sigma's and they fuck up every other mag of ammo, no matter the loads your pushing through it

just my experience with them, yours was obviously better

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
          They are not jam o matics they eat everything atleast mine did. Ill say its a rumor. Even if I limp risted it with gold dots.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Which version? The early ones were junk. Mine was the 40VE. I traded it for my e30 and 200 bucks lol
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Put over 50 rounds through the SCCY today and they were cheap reloads, no problems. I'm satisfied.
              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Saw this today

Last edited by 416stroker; 01-19-2010, 01:37 AM.
                84 318I Delphin RIP
                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I put this in the knife thread but figured you guys would probably like it too.

If you ever wanted a nice KA-BAR kukri or usmc fighting knife, tanto, etc. Now is a GREAT time to get them. Amazon has them on sale for crazy good prices. I just picked up a kukri and fighting knife myself for 100 bucks shipped. Here's the ones on sale.

Ka-Bar 2-1212-3 Black Fighting Knife - $46.40

Ka-Bar Knives - USMC Fighting Knife, 7 in., Serrated, Nylon Sheath - $56.99

USMC Straight Edge Fighting - $54.17

Ka-Bar 2-1245-1 Black Tanto Knife - $53.90

KA-BAR US Army Fighting/Utility Knife Serrated Edge - $47.99

Ka-Bar Machete Kukri Md: 1249 - $45.98
                  Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I'm looking at getting a lower end Springfield 1911 (GI, GI champion, Mil spec) and was wondering what kind of wilson combat accessories I should look into dumping into it. I really have zero knowledge in the 1911 realm and need direction before I just start clicking add to cart on wilson's site. If I use the gun for anything other than range use it will possibly be a future CCW (hence the champion size) so I want it reliable as it can get without breaking the bank. TIA 1911 gurus.

Comment

NICS f'ing denied me on buying a gun (first delayed and then I came back in to pick it up today and found out the BS news). I have done NOTHING to deserve this. What does this mean? Well I talked to the losers at NICS (Brady Bill libtard BS) and found out that:

1) I will be denied from now on unless I get an appeal done and even that may only work for this purchase and I'll need another appeal again on future purchases.

2) The MINIMUM amount of time till my appeal could be through is 124 days!!!!
                      - That means the gun I bought and payed for will be sitting doing f'ing nothing at the gun shop at least 1/3 of 2010.

3) Oh and just to show how retarded this is I'm a concealed carry permit holder and I just bought another AR15 last week. They delayed me on that one too but I was able to pick it up a few days later.

4) I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER had even the slightest trouble purchasing a firearm in the past and I've been through the process a couple dozen times (which is a lot for a 27 year old).

What the hell is going on?????? So does this mean I'll be arrested if I have a gun in my possession? I have to go get finger printed at the Police station, take those prints, send them to NICS along with my full name, address and case number.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

/\ That is a bunch of bullshit. I got delayed on my ar lower for some reason and I have no clue why.

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

WOW thats fucked up. Good luck with all the red tape. This is not going to be easy to clean up, your dealing with the fed govt. I would also ask a expert on this apeal deal if you should send a copy of your CCW in.

Also can you find out on what grounds you were denied???? could be some one somewhere has made a mistake entering info about someone else.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                            I'm looking at getting a lower end Springfield 1911 (GI, GI champion, Mil spec) and was wondering what kind of wilson combat accessories I should look into dumping into it. I really have zero knowledge in the 1911 realm and need direction before I just start clicking add to cart on wilson's site. If I use the gun for anything other than range use it will possibly be a future CCW (hence the champion size) so I want it reliable as it can get without breaking the bank. TIA 1911 gurus.
                            Just use it as is and replace the mags with wilson and maybe get a wilson spring kit. Maybe just add some low pro novaks and be done with it will be fine. Or just find a cbob
                            84 318I Delphin RIP
                            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Nic- That sucks man, I was just in that situation with my last purchase. Fortunately mine was just a delay to approval. Seriously thats fucked up and I hope everything works out for you.

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                              Just use it as is and replace the mags with wilson and maybe get a wilson spring kit. Maybe just add some low pro novaks and be done with it will be fine. Or just find a cbob
                              I am just looking to make it as reliable as possible, basically don't want any FTFs and want it to run smooth. I have heard about wilson mags helping a lot of 1911s out of the box. I really just didn't know about internals that should be swapped to lead to a better running gun. Also by cbob I assume you are referring to the dan wesson? I would rather start off with a lower initial investment that I can build off of. I don't need something perfect out of the box. I like the cbob, but I'm not huge on the bobbed frame, the rest of it looks to be an awesome setup.

Comment

Went to buy a Mossberg 500 Defender yesterday, on a great sale price, and got put on "delayed on my bc", hope I'm not under indictment.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Working...
                                X