Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL yeah at home we have lots of hand loaders that shoot at our range, so there is not tons of brass to pick up. (lots of russian steel cased shit laying around though lol) I still have not made it home since last may (09) so I am stuck here at the in laws (bit of R&R between jobs) with just my carry pistol. So I will just go play in the back yard for a while tomorrow, but its fucking hot here in IA too, and I hate the heat.

Oh and really considering that 308 LMT you linked me. Thinking of going with a M14/ap4 variant and keeping it in the truck under the back seat in a custom lock case with 200-220 rounds, with my get home bag. Its a long way home from where I work most of the time.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-19-2010, 04:37 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Moisin's are bad ass, if you have even a decent one you can drop rounds on target at 500+ yards on a man sized target with little to no expertise. Once the bore starts to get hot though they start to track up and left quite a bit. (at least the ones I have shot)
      The only Russian M91 I have is a 91/30, that's a Finnish capture and rework. A vary slight rework at that. From the go it is kinda disappointing. But my M39's kick butt. One of them has been shot a lot, and will still plant all the rounds in the black at 100yds. The Finn's know their stuff when it came the tuning Mosins.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadrajet View Post
        The only Russian M91 I have is a 91/30, that's a Finnish capture and rework. A vary slight rework at that. From the go it is kinda disappointing. But my M39's kick butt. One of them has been shot a lot, and will still plant all the rounds in the black at 100yds. The Finn's know their stuff when it came the tuning Mosins.
        yup you want to get a finn rework with VKT stamped on the barrel portion of the receiver
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I have a "B" barrel and a Sako. Been looking for a VKT worth buying, just haven't found the right one yet.

Comment

no your not getting my vkt :)

William Pitt-

Comment

Um...where in Montana are ya?

I'll find one eventually. I try to keep my eyes peeled for about 4 to 6 items of interest everytime I go to a Gunshow or shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadrajet View Post
                Um...where in Montana are ya?

I'll find one eventually. I try to keep my eyes peeled for about 4 to 6 items of interest everytime I go to a Gunshow or shop.
                when I get to go home I am about 1/2 hour - 40mins west of Glacier parks west gate. have not been home in 13 months though :(

William Pitt-

Comment

That blows.

I was just joking, I know humor doesn't exactly come across on the posting.

I've actually been looking into an M28/76, I'll have to see if my local FFL is on file with the company though.

Comment

It's probably been covered in this thread, but I'd rather get some one-on-one discussion going for now. So, I bought a Ruger 10/22 a while back, just put a new piece of glass on it, but I haven't sighted it in, and the gun's honestly not as fun / quite what I was hoping or looking for. I'd like to get into the longer range stuff, and end up with a Remington 700 or equivalent, but for now, I wanna be able to get a solid, accurate platform to learn on and practice with, and put hundreds of rounds through per session. So, looking in the .22 section again, anyone have suggestions on a bolt gun? I'd put my old scope on the Ruger prolly and sell it, or store it, and put the "new" glass on the bolt gun. I read good things about Remington and Savage. Remington doesn't list .22 bolt guns that I saw, but Savage seems to list a few that are fairly priced.

Thoughts?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                    Originally posted by DTM190
                    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My good old standard squirrel gun that I have had since I was 9 or 10 is a Remington 581. with a old late 80's el cheapo tasco glass on it. Its a god dammed tac driver inside 60 yards, I shit you not you can drive nails with it.

I think they stopped making the 581 in the late 80's It seems that rem has stopped making a bolt action rim fires

William Pitt-

Comment

That's what I figured since nothing is listed on the site. Looks like people are tooting CZ and Savage, but I'd rather not spend the $4xx.xx on the Savage Mk II if the Mk I is fine, or whatever..

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

CZ are supposedly good. Last 581 I saw at a gun show was 265 with a 25 dollar scope on it.

William Pitt-

Comment

its a bit of a step up from a .22 but this is what I have been wanting to get. .17hmr

the 10/22's if built right are amazing rifles. Remember it is a .22, so amazing to 50, really good to 100, and there are matches of 200 yards. Not much is really needed to make it a tac driver.
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^
                              I would like a 17, but I already have a 22mag and .22 Hornet, So its kinda pointless, to get another varmint gun around here.

William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks guys, the 17's ammo looks about on par as .223, and I'm really looking to get a lot of bolt practice in for cheap, so .22 is appealing. A few people on another forum suggested just learning to wait between shots with my 10/22... Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a bolt gun be more accurate and capable of longer shots? If the 10/22 can be made to be AS accurate, or more, for the same or less amount of $, cool, but I wanna get into the bolt gun realm cause every time I go out to plink, I wanna take my time and shoot longer distances, and I just end up emptying clips into whatever is appealing to me.

So.... keep the 10/22 and put it in the safe, buy bolt gun, prosper?
                                Sell 10/22, buy bolt gun, prosper?
                                Keep 10/22, mod 10/22, prosper... Etc... The AR kinda fulfills my semi-auto fetish for now, and I'd rather learn patience and accuracy at greater distances. I know the .22 isn't IDEAL, but I'd like to really get a starter gun that'll be accurate as hell and I can familiarize myself with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X