Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    I'm in the process of building my first AR and have been waiting for "the deal of the century" upper receiver for the last 9 goddamn weeks. I needed to vent elsewhere other than arfcom.

Slick 10/22 up there too Justin. I have one myself that I don't take out often enough anymore. Dremel out the stupid safety bolt release in it, favorite user mod I have done to mine. That is of course if the peoples republic of CA won't send agents into your house for doing said modifications lol.
    I didn't dremel it, but was going to till I bought the volquartsen hammer, and it had that too for cheap in the same package.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      The ATF today just banned the importation of shotguns. This includes the Saiga 12. Another freedom taken away! Get them while you can, the price just went up on all overseas shotguns.

As I recall this is just a study and not an actual ban (yet anyways.) It's my understanding that they aren't banning the importation of shotguns as a whole but only the ones they deem to be "non-sporting." Basically the same list of traits used for rifle importation. It sounds like a direct attack on the Saiga shotguns, which I think is funny because in its imported form the Saiga adheres to all of the rules being imposed. The Benelli M4 would be the only other popular gun that I would think could be included in the ban, but Benelli could just start importing the M4 with the standard field stock. Fucking gong show we have here either way.

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
      I didn't dremel it, but was going to till I bought the volquartsen hammer, and it had that too for cheap in the same package.
      I should have guessed it based on your previous post on the trigger group mods, I was just too cheap to put more money into my 10/22. I started putting together a list of the options I wanted on my rifle and it quickly added up to 1911 money. I went with the 1911 and left the 10/22 more simplistic :D
      Last edited by myinfernalbmw; 01-28-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

As I recall this is just a study and not an actual ban (yet anyways.) It's my understanding that they aren't banning the importation of shotguns as a whole but only the ones they deem to be "non-sporting." Basically the same list of traits used for rifle importation. It sounds like a direct attack on the Saiga shotguns, which I think is funny because in its imported form the Saiga adheres to all of the rules being imposed. The Benelli M4 would be the only other popular gun that I would think could be included in the ban, but Benelli could just start importing the M4 with the standard field stock. Fucking gong show we have here either way.

I should have guessed it based on your previous post on the trigger group mods, I was just too cheap to put more money into my 10/22. I started putting together a list of the options I wanted on my rifle and it quickly added up to 1911 money. I went with the 1911 and left the 10/22 more simplistic :D

Yah, I'm trying not to look at other guns though. I know this will be fun, but it is a money pit. My next mods will be about a grand, including the scope though. New stock, volquartsen thm barrel, scope mounting bits, and that 6x42 leupold

Comment

The Benelli M4 would be the only other popular gun that I would think could be included in the ban, but Benelli could just start importing the M4 with the standard field stock. Fucking gong show we have here either way.
          The Saiga comes factory with a standard field stock. It has to be modified to get the pistol grip and folding stock.

Were I am reading and seeing the prices of the "sporting" shotguns going up daily. When did tactical sport shooting not become a sport? 3 gun anyone?
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Were I am reading and seeing the prices of the "sporting" shotguns going up daily. When did tactical sport shooting not become a sport? 3 gun anyone?
            But thats not what the govt considers a sport, come on you know this ;)
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

The Saiga comes factory with a standard field stock. It has to be modified to get the pistol grip and folding stock.
              Exactly, which is why I don't get why people assume this whole thing is over the Saiga. From what I can tell, its legal under all their standards. I can't really think of any mainstream shotguns that don't already pass all of those guidelines.

And like Sleeve said, the ATF hasn't recognized 3-gun shooting as a "sport"

Comment

Exactly, which is why I don't get why people assume this whole thing is over the Saiga. From what I can tell, its legal under all their standards. I can't really think of any mainstream shotguns that don't already pass all of those guidelines.

And like Sleeve said, the ATF hasn't recognized 3-gun shooting as a "sport"

Because they make Drum magazines for the Saiga. You can get 20 rounds - 12 gauge slugs of awesomeness!
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Has anyone seen this yet? Magpul case for iPhones... My buddy sent me that link like 3 weeks ago and I forgot to post it here... I didn't order one and didn't explore the site to see if they make it for blackberries or anything else. What do you guys think? I'm unfamiliar with Magpul products first hand, so not sure what the feel / texture would be, if it would protect against shock (like dropping the phone) or just a hard case or what

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                  Originally posted by DTM190
                  "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

^^ Thats pretty cool, wonder if it'll work with the new Verizon iPhone...
                    alexw
                    (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
                    Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

After waiting a little over 2 months, for what should have been a 2 week wait, I got my shipping notification for my first AR upper. I am medium stoked to say the least. That is all.

Comment

my history teacher just said "the greatest single threat to American freedom is the second amendment"

u mad?

Comment

It's because you go to school near Chicago I bet!

Comment

Originally posted by ///e30freak View Post
                            my history teacher just said "the greatest single threat to American freedom is the second amendment"

u mad?
                            ...There are no words...
                            Originally posted by george graves
                            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by ///e30freak View Post

u mad?
                              IGNORE EVERYTHING THIS MAN HAS EVER SAID TO YOU OR ATTEMPTED TO TEACH YOU. HE DEAD WRONG AND SO IS EVERYTHING ELSE HES PROLLY TOLD YOU

He does not understand history and what this country was built upon and where our freedoms come from.

I would have come un-fucking-glued in that class room.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

looking to buy a gun with some of my tax return. I'm looking to spend >400. Do any of you have experience with sig sauer p250, its the one ive had my eye on for the longest. Probably going to be a 9mm.. i feel the 45 is too heavy. input/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

p.s It will be my first gun so dont get on me about it not being man enough lol
                                Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                                LSx e36TI coming soon
                                Originally posted by s0urce
                                Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Working...
                                X