Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    IGNORE EVERYTHING THIS MAN HAS EVER SAID TO YOU OR ATTEMPTED TO TEACH YOU. HE DEAD WRONG AND SO IS EVERYTHING ELSE HES PROLLY TOLD YOU

He does not understand history and what this country was built upon and where our freedoms come from.

I would have come un-fucking-glued in that class room.
    I take it back, those are the words.

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
    looking to buy a gun with some of my tax return. I'm looking to spend >400. Do any of you have experience with sig sauer p250, its the one ive had my eye on for the longest. Probably going to be a 9mm.. i feel the 45 is too heavy. input/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

p.s It will be my first gun so dont get on me about it not being man enough lol
    Sig makes good weapons.

Caliber is a good start when choosing a new firearm. What are you looking for in a pistol? Do you want a safety? Magazine capacity? How large/small can it be? Is this going to be a range toy or a concealed carry weapon?

Options to consider in the 9mm market:

Glock 17/19(c)/26(sc)
    Glocks are the icon of reliability. However,they lack a manual safety, although you could drop the thing off an overpass 1000 times and it wouldn't go off. My personal opinion is that the best safety is the one between your ears, but my concealed carry weapon is an HK45 with a flip safety. Glocks are also relatively inexpensive, have a good aftermarket following and the mags are cheap.

Springfield XD9
    The XDs are a relatively new offering that I don't know much about. They have an external safety and seem to well received by the pistol community. I'll let someone else chime in with more information.

Smith and Wesson M&P
    Can best be described as another version of an XD. Again, I don't know much about them.

Heckler and Koch USP
    HK's USP is another polymer frame pistol. They're held in high esteem, but mags are expensive and HK is proud of their name.

Sig Sauer
    Sig has several 9mm offerings, all of them pretty good. What you get depends on what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Beach Bum; 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM.
    Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

I've heard less than exciting things about the P250. Long, unsatisfying trigger, some lesser than expected finishes and overall quality. I have also heard it's reliable and would make a decent backup carry. If you're looking for a mostly range gun, I'd look towards something else.

And yes that teacher's a douche.

Comment

Don't forget to check your ammo when you're loading!

Comment

Originally posted by j0oftheworld View Post
          ^^^That makes the missing primer I encountered last time at the range less of an issue

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
          looking to buy a gun with some of my tax return. I'm looking to spend >400. Do any of you have experience with sig sauer p250, its the one ive had my eye on for the longest. Probably going to be a 9mm.. i feel the 45 is too heavy. input/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

p.s It will be my first gun so dont get on me about it not being man enough lol
          Skip the p250, from what I hear the polymer sigs aren't all that impressive. I do love the p229/226 series though. I owned a .40 cal p229 and it was probably the one I'll regret selling the most. If you are looking at polymer I personally would go with the Glock 17/19 or S&W M&P9.
          Last edited by myinfernalbmw; 02-17-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
            Skip the p250, from what I hear the polymer sigs aren't all that impressive. I do love the p229/226 series though. I owned a .40 cal p229 and it was probably the one I'll regret selling the most. If you are looking at polymer I personally would go with the Glock 17/19 or S&W M&P9.

This

the 250 has not impressed me 1 bit, if you must have plastic I am big HK for that. Other wise I am a SIG convert over from HK. the 226/229 is a very good platforms, so long as they fit your hand well and are comfortable for you to shoot.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I live in California and I want to carry a PISTOL!

BS
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
              1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
              1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                I live in California and I want to carry a PISTOL!

BS
                good luck hope you know some cops/judges/ federal agents that will vouch for you, CA permits are like trying to get a NY permit.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

This thread makes me want to go to the range with my SKS. Speaking of that I need to take it out of the closet and give it a cleaning.

Counting the days till I'm legal for a pistol and concealed license.
                  Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
                    Heckler and Koch USP
                    HK's USP is another polymer frame pistol. They're held in high esteem, but mags are expensive and HK is proud of their name.
                    I prefer the P2000 to the USP. Also a polymer frame in 9mm, and similar to the usp, with much improved ergos.
                    sigpic
                    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      good luck hope you know some cops/judges/ federal agents that will vouch for you, CA permits are like trying to get a NY permit.
                      I know a cop or two. My record is clean as a whistle.One day Ill get it done!
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

The S&W M&P line are really nice. When I picked up my last gun I checked one out and I have a friend who loves his!

Comment

Originally posted by j0oftheworld View Post
                          Makes me glad I load my own. If you mess up a round like that, you feel it in the press.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by ///e30freak View Post
                            my history teacher just said "the greatest single threat to American freedom is the second amendment"

u mad?
                            he probably also thinks that the constitution was written to be clear as glass
                            BRUTE

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                              I prefer the P2000 to the USP. Also a polymer frame in 9mm, and similar to the usp, with much improved ergos.
                              GAH. Totally forgot about the P2000. Yeah, get the P2000 before you get a USP.
                              Originally posted by george graves
                              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

In re: to your teachers comments I offer an interesting email I received the other day:

Subject: The World's Largest Army?

In WWII, Japan 's highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University. There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States . There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct: America 's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed by another hunter. That's great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran ; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan 's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia , and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.

The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)

As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security

Comment

Working...
                                X