No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up a S&W M&P .40 and yes, it is awesome. Grip is super comfy/natural, very solid, accurate, reliable. I am yet to have a single FTF or FTE, shooting mostly Winchester white box 180/165 grain. I have shot a few different brands of JHP including Federal and Hornady, no problems to report. With the same ammo(Winchester), my brothers FNX9 and my buddies XDM .40 had several feeding issues and often would not lock the slide back on the last shot. Could just be bad luck I suppose, I of course laughed at them.

Comment

So I've shot a handful of 1911s and never really liked them. Always liked how the Glock felt in my hand but didn't ever get to shoot one.... Until today.
      Just moved and the new town has an indoor range, with rentals, blah blah.... The Glock 17 (full-size 9mm) fit my hand the best, so I decided to stick with full-size frames, especially since it's my first pistol. They didn't have a rental 17, but they had the 34 which is still the full-size 9mm, but with a longer barrel. Shot 100 rounds at 2 targets, and this was my result:

First 50 rounds through a Glock ever for me, 9pm.

2nd 50 rounds, Glock 34

Personally, I didn't feel really like the Glock was a comfortable thing to shoot, even though I liked it better than the 1911s I've shot. I had some time still so I grabbed an XDM and another box of 9mm, and this was the result...

3rd set of 50, XDM

So now I think I'm better off buying a full-size XDM. your guy's thoughts? Any comments about the XDM?
      I know each target isn't great, but I haven't shot a pistol at all in like 6+ months, and these were just picking up the guns and going out.
      Last edited by Bishop; 02-25-2011, 07:37 PM.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

If there are supposed to be pics, I can't see any.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Fixed, don't know why they weren't showing up...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

sold it for my bobber. on the lookout for nice used p226 or hk usp .40 compact(2nd gen)

Originally posted by Ryan...
            It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

my brother is about to buy a ak 47! i am so excited! first gun in the house.
              i have been wanting a gun for a while but every time i have some money i spend it on my car! lol
              looks like my little brother has beet me to it.

we need to find a good ffl near SF to transfer to.

this is kind of related and i thought i would share it.
              the 7.62 ice cube tray!
              Last edited by deutschman; 03-07-2011, 07:28 PM.
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Polish parts kit from several years ago.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by dlmpsy; 03-08-2011, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting an M1A next.. Seems prudent! :)

Comment

damn, that AKS 47 is sex. will have to get/build one someday its my fav AK variant.

Comment

I'm coming very close to ordering a Springfield XDm .40.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Even displayed on a war rug from the russina campaign in Afghanistan in the 80s. Wow don't see that kinda touch very offten in here
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

I have a PLO kit (Russian parts) that I had put together, can't find the photo. I always wanted a war rug, figured I better get one while I had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by dlmpsy View Post
                            Polish parts kit from several years ago.
                            wow that is sick! love the rug!
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                              I live in California and I want to carry a PISTOL!

BS
                              You'll need to move out of the people's Republic of Arnold, sir.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not sure if this is a repost. If it is, then by all means feel free to ridicule me with demotivational posters and the like.

I've never been a huge Kel Tec fan, but if this is any good, I'm getting one.

Linky!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X