Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I missed it
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

This is USA if you pay your taxes on the gun and don't have a criminal record you can get whatever you want. Know a guy that had a class 3.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        You are making the assumption that most people with a carry permit just take the class and thats it. I dont really know too many that are like that, most everyone I know that carries also drill with their weapon, and practices with it to become PROFICIENT with what they carry.

I am not really arguing with you. Those of us that carry dont drill for low light, shoot dont shoot and things like that, as we try to avoid having to draw at all costs, and dont put our selves in situations where we might have too. like the police do. There are idiots out there that dont take the responsibility as seriously as they should, just dont try and lump all of in there with them. And if you want to get really into the nitty grity about it we really should not need a permission slip at all to carry a weapon
        I didn't say that everyone that carries is an idiot, I said there are too many. In my class of approx 20, there were at least 5 that I would have kicked the fuck out of my class within an hour. Watching people fumble the controls of their guns and muzzle sweeping other students was enough to realize that they shouldn't be carrying. If you want the responsibility to carry a gun you should have to show that you are at least able to operate it safely. 5 fuckups in a class of 20 is 5 too many morons on the street with a gun.

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
        I am not against people having fire arms in public because they have saved lives, and will save lives. How ever I think that people who carry fire arms on a day to day basis have a huge responsibility (life and death), and there for should have a higher level of training and understanding of what it takes to use a fire arm in self defense situation.

When shit hits the fan your brain goes into auto pilot, and your brain and body will move and do things in the way that they are used to moving and doing. If you dont practice, or practice and pick up bad habits with learning the wrong things in the wrong way you will not perform correctly when you have to move fast. Muscle memory. Just because you can keep a 25 yard group in two square inches at the range on a nice sunny day doesn't make you a gun fighter.
        This exactly. And I don't care how much someone practices after they get their permit, they should know what they are doing before making that decision to take on the responsibilities of carrying.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Like I said yes there are iditos out there, but IME in the CCW world they are the rare exception NOT THE RULE. The media just flaunts it like they are the majority
        I think that 1 idiot is too many. It only takes one hotshot asshole to make national news for fucking up a self defense situation if the wrong person gets shot.

Comment

Hopefully gonna pick up a SAA revolver this weekend.

What would you guys rec?

Looking at super vaquero or a super redhawk.
          1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Just picked up a second gun. The Ruger SR22 pistol, just came out a few weeks ago. Basically a better version of the Walther P22. Got it for cheap practice and so my wife will come shooting with me. Its an awesome little gun for about the same price as the low end Buckmarks or Mark III's

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

^^^ that looks pretty cool, can you tell what the slide is made of? The P22 is a piece of crap, built out of pot metal. I also saw that Smith and Wesson has made a 22 cal M&P that looks to be promising. Let us know how it shoots, and if it prefers 1 type of ammo other others.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                ^^^ that looks pretty cool, can you tell what the slide is made of? The P22 is a piece of crap, built out of pot metal. I also saw that Smith and Wesson has made a 22 cal M&P that looks to be promising. Let us know how it shoots, and if it prefers 1 type of ammo other others.

I believe I read the slide is aluminum to keep the weight down since the .22 ammo doesn't have enough power to launch a heavy steel slide back. But from all the reviews I have read it will eat any ammo you feed it, including cheap walmart bricks. That is one of the reasons I bought it. I actually shot the M&P 22 last week at the range, it was pretty nice. But I chose the ruger over it. Ruger came with 2 mags, 2 grips, mag finger extensions, slide lock and a soft case for the gun. All for the grand price of $320, not too bad.
                This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                  carbon heavy barrel, wooden thumb hole stock, some new parts in the trigger group to drop the rediculous pull weight down to about 2 lbs, leupold scope mount quick release with a leupold 6x42 mounted.

It's 100% stock right now of course its brand new.

You may want to check out a forum called rimfire central...a lot of info. about the 10/22.

Comment

Shit the SR22 might just be the replacement to my MKIII

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
                      I believe I read the slide is aluminum to keep the weight down since the .22 ammo doesn't have enough power to launch a heavy steel slide back. But from all the reviews I have read it will eat any ammo you feed it, including cheap walmart bricks. That is one of the reasons I bought it. I actually shot the M&P 22 last week at the range, it was pretty nice. But I chose the ruger over it. Ruger came with 2 mags, 2 grips, mag finger extensions, slide lock and a soft case for the gun. All for the grand price of $320, not too bad.

What are extra Mags running for the pistol?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                        As we were waiting for the Gunsmith/rental guy to come to the counter, my Sponsor(co-worker) and I saw a Colt Combat Commander 9mm in the showcase. We took it out and inspected it. My co-worker is a Colt fanatic and found it to be in excellent condition. It was already late so we didn't take it out to shoot it but I will be doing so next week. I'll let ya know how it goes.

So I went back today after work and asked to test-shoot the Colt. I hadn't thought to look at the serial number last time to see what it was. So before I went out, I took a look and saw it to be a 70BS-----, 'BS' as you all know stands for Blued Steel. It looked very nice and I was eager to shoot it. Bought (100) rounds and went to it.

The steel frame gives it some weight but not too much. After about 30-40 I got used to it a bit...Sooooo I bought it. At €300 it's a steal. I see them going for 2-3x that on other sites here in Germany. And about $700 give or take in the States. I'll take pics next time I go to the range. It has to stay there until I get my 'Weapons Permit'.

I looked for pics but couldn't find any good ones. Here is one that kinda shows the blue-ing on the steel(btw mine's in way better shape):

Last edited by MikeDE; 01-26-2012, 01:23 PM.
                        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Probably my next gun.. nice grab! :)

Comment

A little budget hand cannon action.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	7139705

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

new toys

My 1920 Colt 1903 aka "1908" pocket .380 and my new FN fiveseveN.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X