No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread kicks ass. Pretty soon tho Obama will outlaw a lot of this shit, so get 'em while you can.
    Personally I've been into historical military weapons lately. No way as efficient as what is being made now, but there is the unknown history to ponder. Got my K-98, but would really like a nice M-1. As in the new Clint Eastwood movie Gran Torino. Love that poster with him holding the M1...

Comment

I just refinished a Springfield 1903 and have the desire to get a M-1 myself. Check CMP for some great deals on the M-1's. Its a great way to save some money and have some history behind your rifle!
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        I just refinished a Springfield 1903 and have the desire to get a M-1 myself. Check CMP for some great deals on the M-1's. Its a great way to save some money and have some history behind your rifle!
        My dad got a nice one through the CMP. I didn't think they had any "collector grade" ones left. My dream is like most others, to find one that has been kept largely original WWII vintage. I got the K-98 from a vet, so it's in beautiful shape. I can't believe the German army, as advanced as they were, used bolt action rifles for the Wermacht.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisum View Post
          My dad got a nice one through the CMP. I didn't think they had any "collector grade" ones left. My dream is like most others, to find one that has been kept largely original WWII vintage. I got the K-98 from a vet, so it's in beautiful shape. I can't believe the German army, as advanced as they were, used bolt action rifles for the Wermacht.

At the CMP South Anniston Alabama location they had plenty on the racks when their site said they had none. A kid posted up for his 16th birthday about getting one and that was about the nicest one I had seen in a long time. He went and hand picked it as well. They have some good deals going on Greek ammo as well. Its in the smaller cases but great price for 30-06. Might check them out!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Check out my new Hello Kitty rifle. It was worth every cent! Click Here

I also picked up a "MyLittleCarbine" too. The tail is my favorite part.

Check out these paper guns too: click here

This one is my favorite (or perhaps the Luger):
            Last edited by Nicademus; 12-31-2008, 09:52 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Seriously...what do you need all that for? The LaRue products I understand...i mean its made in Texas. So you know its good to go!! LOL

But seriously, why do you need all that stuff? The forward grip I can understand to an extent, but everything else...I dunno. Mind you I am not knocking your style/taste of modding the gun. I just prefer simple.

How is your accurace with irons?
              The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
                Seriously...what do you need all that for? The LaRue products I understand...i mean its made in Texas. So you know its good to go!! LOL

But seriously, why do you need all that stuff? The forward grip I can understand to an extent, but everything else...I dunno. Mind you I am not knocking your style/taste of modding the gun. I just prefer simple.

How is your accurace with irons?

I shoot competitively, I also do tactical matches and take many sporting/shooting classes. Everything on my gun is for a purpose. I also own class 3 weapons including full auto and suppressors. So why do I have what I have? Because I can! My guns will not fail even at 700 rounds per minute.

As far as you understanding the flip ups, and the forward grip....ok... what else is to much. The piston upper works well with the suppressor keeping the bolt and carrier clean and cool. This prolonging the life of the upper because of it will not suffer fatigue due to heat. The stock give me a high cheek weld that will allow me to see directly down the barrel and will be able to find center easier. The grip, will fit my hand better and give extra storage of firing pin and other small parts. The Eotech will allow me speed in my targets. The Eotech is a non magnified holographic red dot.

Oh and the good thing is I pay dealer on parts if not really good prices on parts.
                Last edited by Vedubin01; 01-01-2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Oh and the good thing is I pay dealer on parts if not really good prices on parts.
                  Knowing how much markup is on shit is probably a big deterrent to me actually making more gun purchases. After working at auto dealerships I hate paying retail on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                    Knowing how much markup is on shit is probably a big deterrent to me actually making more gun purchases. After working at auto dealerships I hate paying retail on anything.
                    The guns themselves do not that much of a mark up on well known name brands. 8 to 10%. The add ons there is some spread depending on how much you buy from someone or how big of a buy in you did at the beginning.

But yeah, I could never own what I own if it was not for kind of being on the inside.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with CZ's? I shot one of their 9's today and really liked it. Only 580.00 (3 1/2 inch barrel). I liked it but there is a 4 1/4 inch barrel Para Ordinance 1911 at Gander for 800.00 (maybe I should save the money). I'll be shooting obviously mostly for pleasure and also carrying concealed.

The 9 seems to be more what I want because, although I like the potential stopping power of the 45, I'll be shooting it mostly for pleasure and don't know if I want to put the money through the 45 (ammo) and sometimes, while shooting my bros 45, I just want something that is comfortable to shoot. Thing is we have everything for reloading (Brother has a mil spec springfield 1911). I haven't ever shot a nice 1911 (Para) maybe it'd be smoother then the springfield

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^

1911 all the way if you are just thinking of the 2. But if you are gonna use it all for self defense save a bit longer an get a HK or Sig if you are gonna go auto. and also for SD .40 or .45 cal, 9mm just dose not have enough stopping power, you dont want them to get back out the window thats murder.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Yea, I really like the para, haven't shot it, but was told its kind of comparable to the Kimber and loved how smooth that was. I was pissed when I missed the christmas sale here in Columbus..Kimber Pro Carry on sale for 670.00.

People have to start buying my e30 parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                            Does anyone have any experience with CZ's? I shot one of their 9's today and really liked it. Only 580.00 (3 1/2 inch barrel). I liked it but there is a 4 1/4 inch barrel Para Ordinance 1911 at Gander for 800.00 (maybe I should save the money). I'll be shooting obviously mostly for pleasure and also carrying concealed.

The 9 seems to be more what I want because, although I like the potential stopping power of the 45, I'll be shooting it mostly for pleasure and don't know if I want to put the money through the 45 (ammo) and sometimes, while shooting my bros 45, I just want something that is comfortable to shoot. Thing is we have everything for reloading (Brother has a mil spec springfield 1911). I haven't ever shot a nice 1911 (Para) maybe it'd be smoother then the springfield
                            if you are looking at the para-ordnance P12-45 (the sub compact), you may want to look at the P13-45 (compact).

i originally purchased the P12-45, but the muzzle flash was too much for me and it was actually getting crap on my hands. i ended up trading straight across with another guy for the P13-45 that i have now. excellent carry gun, good stopping power, still very easy to conceal. all i did was switch out the Pachmayr grips for Hoges and i was ready to go. i like the double stack mag too, it makes for a nice wide grip since i have big hands
                            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Comment

I shoot competitively, I also do tactical matches and take many sporting/shooting classes. Everything on my gun is for a purpose. I also own class 3 weapons including full auto and suppressors. So why do I have what I have? Because I can! My guns will not fail even at 700 rounds per minute.

As far as you understanding the flip ups, and the forward grip....ok... what else is to much. The piston upper works well with the suppressor keeping the bolt and carrier clean and cool. This prolonging the life of the upper because of it will not suffer fatigue due to heat. The stock give me a high cheek weld that will allow me to see directly down the barrel and will be able to find center easier. The grip, will fit my hand better and give extra storage of firing pin and other small parts. The Eotech will allow me speed in my targets. The Eotech is a non magnified holographic red dot.

Didnt see anything about a supressor...Id rock one of those as well...did you notice a diff with the piston upper? As far as the stock, I am still learning to use my m4 adjustable properly to even think about an upgraded one.

If you have any tips/advice you could toss my way about shooting AR , I would appreciate it!! Just PM if you have any advice, I am a pistol guy, and AR is first rifle that I am fully working on for accurate fire, as well as hoping to take some tactical courses for the fun of it.
                              The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
                                Didnt see anything about a supressor...Id rock one of those as well...did you notice a diff with the piston upper? As far as the stock, I am still learning to use my m4 adjustable properly to even think about an upgraded one.

If you have any tips/advice you could toss my way about shooting AR , I would appreciate it!! Just PM if you have any advice, I am a pistol guy, and AR is first rifle that I am fully working on for accurate fire, as well as hoping to take some tactical courses for the fun of it.
                                I am having some issues with the quick detach and the barrel from LMT. I will have to make a phone call to them on Monday. Might just be I really need to put some force on the nut but I am not one to fuck nothing up if I can find the answer to the issue by making a call. But you can see some of my other toys back in this thread.

As far as tips go, feel free to ask in the open threads or PM me. I have no problem lending a hand. If I cant help ya Ill get you someone that can. Enjoy learning the way you are. It builds fundamentals of shooting.
                                Last edited by Vedubin01; 01-03-2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X