Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    good deal

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Anybody want this? $300 shipped.

6920 upper. Front sight was cut and parkerized. Kmr alpha 15 rail. Bare upper otherwise, low round count.

Leave a comment:

• Ludwig
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Nice! I still haven't shot mine

i'm glad we're not talking about wifes here

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Nice! I still haven't shot mine

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Just bought a box of the Winchester Victory ammo in .45acp and M2 ball. They are pretty cool for collecting or just displaying. Also, ordered an schuster adjustable gas plug for the garand so I can shoot more modern loads with it. It has quickly become my favorite rifle to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    When I bought my stripped lower it was sent to a local FFL. The FFL was about to put it as a rifle. I didn't know they can put on the form if its a rifle/pistol/...

So make sure if you have it sent to an FFL that they make sure to note it as a pistol.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    The whole rifle origination thing is really only enforceable if the gun was purchased as a complete rifle from a shop.

If it is an 80%, or a stripped lower you purchased, have fun. Don't you remember? You originally slapped a short upper on there before you installed the stock and long upper just because you wanted to try out the feel of a pistol.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Grea! I knew you could not take a lower from a rifle and make a pistol with it, just wasn’t sure if your not registering a lower through a ffl how that worked. I do have a ccw license, but you do not need to register pistols in FL. I guess I was just curious how you would prove the lower was never used for a rifle if it’s not serialiized..... or any paper trail.

Thats the great part of 80% lowers and thats why the gov is trying to get rid of them.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Grea! I knew you could not take a lower from a rifle and make a pistol with it, just wasn’t sure if your not registering a lower through a ffl how that worked. I do have a ccw license, but you do not need to register pistols in FL. I guess I was just curious how you would prove the lower was never used for a rifle if it’s not serialiized..... or any paper trail.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Here if you have a ccw there is no need to register pistols otherwise you need to. However i also know that most people wont know the difference. Found out today you cant put a fore grip on a pistol because that turns it into a sbr unless the overall length is over 26 inches.
    Yup. Over the specific length and it is then a "firearm". Legal, but no longer applies for many concealed weapons permits.

Build a new lower as a pistol, don't use a lower that originated as a rifle. No stock, bare buffer tube (including standard carbine tube without the stock), or a brace. No VFG, AFG is ok.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    ^Just ordered a 8.5 300AAC upper from PSA. Prices are crazy good right now. Time to stock up on any builds before 2020 panic sets in. Should be all in pistol build for sub $300. Also ordering a 80% lower that I would prefer not to serialize. Anything I need to know to be in compliance with sbr laws? It will be a pistol, but just want to make sure I don’t need to register it as such before building.

Here if you have a ccw there is no need to register pistols otherwise you need to. However i also know that most people wont know the difference. Found out today you cant put a fore grip on a pistol because that turns it into a sbr unless the overall length is over 26 inches.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    ^Just ordered a 8.5 300AAC upper from PSA. Prices are crazy good right now. Time to stock up on any builds before 2020 panic sets in. Should be all in pistol build for sub $300. Also ordering a 80% lower that I would prefer not to serialize. Anything I need to know to be in compliance with sbr laws? It will be a pistol, but just want to make sure I don’t need to register it as such before building.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 01-25-2019, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Placed my order for my aero precision upper. Went with 8 inch in 300blk. Waiting for the lower i want to come back in stock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X