No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I expect a ton of recoil with the one I bought? It's my first gun - I'm going to buy a 20ga and a semi next.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I actually have been getting into wheel guns myself. I only own 2 at the moment but Im sure that will change.

For a small boot style gun I picked up the Ruger SP101. This gun has by far exceeded my expectations. They just came out with a newer one in .327 and will allow or an extra round to make 6. The only thing I have done to the Ruger is put a hogue grip on it. This made the world of difference.

Then on my fuller frame gun, I picked up a SW 686. This is a 4" pre lock Smith that is one of the smoothest guns I have ever fired. No real recoil when shooting .357 and when shooting .38 it recoils like a P22. Way to big to carry, an amazing gun!

I agree, if you are wanting to get a .38 always buy one in .357 to have that extra option.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
        Can I expect a ton of recoil with the one I bought? It's my first gun - I'm going to buy a 20ga and a semi next.

wont be bad in just .38 special at all.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Comment

someone is excited about their pistol!

Comment

WTF Charles more shit form the AR forums???????
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Well my Sig got a new transport cozy today. A universal semi cheapo tac drop leg holster with a spare mag pouch for hiking, Cross country skiing, hunting out on the ATV, and the Zombie Apocalypse. 22 bucks shipped off egay

pics up latter tonight.
                Sweet let me know how it works out, I'm in the market for a couple new holsters.
                sigpic88' 325 SuperETA
                81' 320i coming soon, still in Cali

Comment

I like the Double Action Ruger 357 Mags too, pretty smooth. I have never owned many revolvers personaly though.
                  sigpic88' 325 SuperETA
                  81' 320i coming soon, still in Cali

Comment

Pics of the el cheapo drop leg tac universal holster as promised

I am gonna mod it a bit, Gonna put a Chicago screw in the part below the trigger guard to keep the pistol up in the holster, as now it drops through a bit too far and would be dragging the front site through the brush. And I am gonna put a flash light pouch on the flat leg band to the right in the pic's between the mag pouch and the leg band buckle.

William Pitt-

Comment

Vedubbin I'm really liking how this one looks that you picked up.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Where did that picture of the obama computer warning go? I need it asap.

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                          I totally agree on the .357mag, I wouldn't buy it otherwise. I just didn't want to make the guy have buyers remorse but since we are talking aboot it then yeah; I'd go S&W of some sort in .357mag.

Oh also isn't it a Colt Python? *woops somebody called it already.

I like this one:
                          Model: M&P360
                          Caliber: .357MAG/.38+P
                          Capacity: 5 Rounds

or

Or one of these pups that holds 8 rounds of .357mag

Model: 627
                          Caliber: .357MAG/.38+P
                          Capacity: 8 Rounds
                          Barrel Length: 4" or 5"

Those are pretty fucking rad. It seems to me that a revolver would be far more reliable than a handgun. What are the drawbacks?

Comment

/\ They are. If a round doesnt fire just pull the trigger again. Drawbacks is the hammer in my opinion. Some revolvers are really hard to pull the hammer back on.

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Homie wheel guns are hand guns man :)

yup thats why you carry both.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Homie wheel guns are hand guns man :)

yup thats why you carry both.
                                er what i meant to say was semi-auto handgun.

Comment

Working...
                                X