Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    Anyone fire or own a CZ-97 or an EAA Witness 45?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    I have a CZ-97BD (Decocker version). I couldn't stand the aluminum grips that it came with, so I put on some CZ rubber grips and it feels much better. And as R3Z3N said, it could stand to have the trigger worked over.
    Current: 2011 M3
    Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1992 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT, 2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Comment

Originally posted by md-va View Post
      I have a CZ-97BD (Decocker version). I couldn't stand the aluminum grips that it came with, so I put on some CZ rubber grips and it feels much better. And as R3Z3N said, it could stand to have the trigger worked over.
      Thanks for the info!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

So just took possession of a mossberg 930jm and remington r1 enhanced. First 1911 I have ever owned, and boy does it feel different than the polymer handguns I own. This thing is so tight. I am sue it will loosen up, but I cant even use the slide relase with one hand. Im looking forward to shooting it on Saturday. Also its a much better looking gun in person than in photographs in my opinion.

I think I would like to get a nagant, just to have, and prob be done with purchases for quite some time..... this hobby may be more addictive than the e30.

Comment

Slide release? What's that?

I kid... Sort of. I just yank the slide these days, easier and faster IMO. Plus no wear where the slide stop catches on the slide.

I can assure you it is addictive. Cars come and go. Guns just come, and force you to buy a bigger safe.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

^
            that is the proper way to drop the slide on a Pistol.....
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              ^
              that is the proper way to drop the slide on a Pistol.....
              Oh please don't tell me you are like those LGS clerks who say "using the slide release damages the pistol"

Its a gun, should I stop shooting it too? Last time I was at an LGS he said all kinds of silly stuff like that. He was also an AK hater which was lol.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

You should do some reading on the subject.
                No E30 Club
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

How could you not believe that over time it would cause wear?

Also, it really isn't a "slide release". I'm not saying it is going to break in any measurable time, but I want my guns to last as long as possible. Sliding the thing off the end of a corner under pressure is going to be hard on it.

You seem hostile towards those with differing opinions? Why did you find it laughable that the guy didn't like Ak47's?

I owned one, and found it to be a crude machine. Reliable, sure, but it just wasn't for me and didn't really fill any nich that couldn't be done with another rifle. Is that laughable? I don't get it.

Buy what you like, don't discredit someone just because they don't see eye to eye with you.
                  Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 05-06-2016, 07:08 AM.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

If your slide release is going to prematurely wear it has bad metallurgy. I highly doubt it would wear before the rest of the gun does if its built right.

That slide release does look different then the ones I normally see though, so I could see how that one could be worrying for wear since it has so much more meat holding on to the slide. It actually looks more like you could define it more as just a bolt/slide hold open. The ones I'm used to look more like this:

and are easily replaceable, so if it does eventually round off its no big deal.

No I'm fine with people who don't like AK's, its just hilarious how gun store workers thrust their opinions on people, "glawks have no safety's and are dangerous" "aks are terrorist guns and dont shoot straight" and that sort of stuff.
                    willschnitz

Comment

I would agree with that, it is annoying when they push shit. It's one thing to just not like something, but to force it down your throat is another.

The safety thing is a good one. I don't even use the safety on my lc9 because the trigger is heavy and a mile long. Did I just say that out loud? Flame retardant suit is on.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Yeah tell me my AK isn't going to be accurate then I go to range and shoot 2-3 MOA with trash surplus ammo lol.

I still can't decide which handgun I want to grab, I like a lot of them, the VP9 was most comfy, but everything else about it was average, the CZ-75 and SP-01 are favorites but I don't know if I'm in love.

I'd really like a older USP .45 with a threaded barrel just for that iconic HK pistol look but they are not nice to hold at all lol.
                        willschnitz

Comment

USP .45 is on my list. I will have one.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            I would agree with that, it is annoying when they push shit. It's one thing to just not like something, but to force it down your throat is another.

The safety thing is a good one. I don't even use the safety on my lc9 because the trigger is heavy and a mile long. Did I just say that out loud? Flame retardant suit is on.
                            Supposedly the LC9s trigger is a lot better. Besides the trigger how do ya like the gun? Been thinking of this, shield, or a Kahr CM9.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I like it, even with the trigger. I've had zero failures, it's accurate, and my go to for deep concealment.

I've thought about picking up a shield, but I have no real reason to do so. The lc9 does what I bought it for very well.

Got it lightly used for the cost of the crimson trace new. Only paid $300 for it as seen. OK, just rechecked and the laser is now $150-200, so I guess I bought the laser and got the gun for $100?

Anywho, I love the little guy.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                                I like it, even with the trigger. I've had zero failures, it's accurate, and my go to for deep concealment.

I've thought about picking up a shield, but I have no real reason to do so. The lc9 does what I bought it for very well.

Got it lightly used for the cost of the crimson trace new. Only paid $300 for it as seen. OK, just rechecked and the laser is now $150-200, so I guess I bought the laser and got the gun for $100?

Anywho, I love the little guy.
                                That gun price...so low! It sucks living in California. It is illegal to buy a gun from a private party if the gun is not on the approved handgun roster, even if it is used. But you can buy an off roster handgun from a private party if the gun and person selling it are already in California. That means there is a massive premium on guns that are cheap everywhere else. California folks call those out of state prices, "Free State Prices."

I really want an EAA Witness in 45. Readily available out of state used; illegal to import.

/worlds smallest violin
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X