Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Keltec

Comment

Yeah...... Florida just decriminalized inadvertantly showing your firearm for ccw license holders.

Comment

New savage 22!!

3-9x40 scope included. $214 on Grab A Gun

Bipod I snagged from Amazon for $18

Still gotta get to the local range and dial her in.

I've organized a range trip April 1st with about ten friends.

Bringing my dad's RV for the day so we've got a place to hang out and eat. My old mans makin chili!!

Any of you Chicago/northwest Indiana/lower Michigan guys shoot me a PM if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Link to amazon bipod you got and how do ya like it? I need to get one for my savage 17hmr.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

The latest acquisition.... now I just need to find an outdoor range close by!

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
            '95 525iT
            '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
            '98 Disco 1

Comment

What I'm running these days. Savage 10 McMillan with Shillen barrel, Vortex Gen 2 Razor 3-18. Firing 185 Berger Juggernauts with 48gr reloader 17. Has been successful out to 1150m so far, hoping this summer to find the right plot of land to push it out to the 1 mile mark.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                Link to amazon bipod you got and how do ya like it? I need to get one for my savage 17hmr.
                I was strongly considering 17hmr. I figured for cheap, fun plinking out to 100yds 22 made more sense

So far I've only played around with it it the house. Seems ok. 22 isn't exactly earth shaking.

Comment

Cale, a mile with a short action caliber..... (I assume .308) hot loaded slingin something that heavy is going to be more luck to hit a broad side of a barn at 1760 than anything. That thing is going to fall back through the trasnsonic barrier and start to tumble like. Bitch at about 1200 yards tops.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Gun Thread

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Cale, a mile with a short action caliber..... (I assume .308) hot loaded slingin something that heavy is going to be more luck to hit a broad side of a barn at 1760 than anything. That thing is going to fall back through the trasnsonic barrier and start to tumble like. Bitch at about 1200 yards tops.

It's likely, but with one hell of a setup. I know you can sling 208gr ELD Match (BC .69) at about 2650 if you load it long, buts that's pushing the max case pressure of certain brass. If you can manage to figure that out it could be doable, almost impossible, but doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Hell you have to remember that most GOOD PREMIUM factory and hand loaded 300WM falls back sub sonic at right about the 1700-1800yd mark, and thats pushing 175-208gr Boat tails with 75-78gr of slow burn powder. 264WM which even the most general laods are 3100fps off the muzzle are generally key holeing at mile
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Hell you have to remember that most GOOD PREMIUM factory and hand loaded 300WM falls back sub sonic at right about the 1700-1800yd mark, and thats pushing 175-208gr Boat tails with 75-78gr of slow burn powder. 264WM which even the most general laods are 3100fps off the muzzle are generally key holeing at mile
                        Oh yeah totally understood! Just saying it might be possible with a round with that high of a BC but I've never even shot remotely that far since I don't have the space. I'm going to attempt to cook up a 208 gr .308 load but probably won't be able to get it fast enough

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

well iirc your best projectiles for b.c. are in the 6mm-6.5mm (.260-.264 cal) trade off is they are little light

William Pitt-

Comment

well iirc your best projectiles for b.c. are in the 6mm-6.5mm (.260-.264 cal) trade off is they are little light
                            I think it's the 7mm. You can get some crazy high BC with em for the weight. A 162gr ELD Match is at .67 and step that up to a 180 gr ELD Match and it's all the way at .79 ;D However, a 7mm firing a 180 gr round at a decent velocity probably isn't going to have the best barrel life, so I think the 6.5mm calibers are the king of price to performance

Comment

Yes it's definitely pushing the limits of the calibre, and most certainly pushing this particular bullet past where it likes to be. However it's still grouping well subsonic, and others have had success using it so no sense stopping where some say I should. Intend to spend the majority of time trying to figure out wind for myself, for those longer shots I've got a much more experienced shooter calling.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                Yes it's definitely pushing the limits of the calibre, and most certainly pushing this particular bullet past where it likes to be. However it's still grouping well subsonic, and others have had success using it so no sense stopping where some say I should. Intend to spend the majority of time trying to figure out wind for myself, for those longer shots I've got a much more experienced shooter calling.
                                Hey if you can hit at a mile that's just more bragging rights for ya! Might not be at all practical if you have to walk the shots in, but certainly damn cool :grin:

Comment

Working...
                                X