No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its funny how people always start blaming the guns. Guns don’t just up and decide to point themselves at another human and go off. People kill people and a gun is just a tool used to do so. If your dead set on killing someone and don’t have access to a gun your gonna find another way. Plain and simple stricter gun laws aren’t going to affect criminals they will always find a way around it and it will only affect the people who do it the right way and have nothing to hide. Most criminals get their guns off the black market after they have been stolen from people who bought them legally.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You're not wrong, the gun is just a tool. The real problem is the propensity for American's to commit murder, you guys kill people on a scale that put Syria and Iran to shame. Happy people season!

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        You're not wrong, the gun is just a tool. The real problem is the propensity for American's to commit murder, you guys kill people on a scale that put Syria and Iran to shame. Happy people season!
        If you look at where murders come from, the highest amount comes from chicago, where there are gun laws. Then look at California, they have the most per state, all my guns except one are illegal there. Subtract the suicides and justifiable homicides and for how many guns we have the murder rate per 1000 guns is low. I'll also point out that democratic strongholds tend to have a much higher murder rate. He'll if we dont count Chicago, Detroit and miami thats something like 1/5th of all murders

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
          Look at the demographics of who is actually committing the crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
            Look at the demographics of who is actually committing the crime.

May sound racist but its mostly done by minority gang bangers.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              May sound racist but its mostly done by minority gang bangers.
              It's not racist when it is true and can be backed up by facts. They dont call it chiraq for nothing.

Comment

Sorry to interrupt the philosophical thread that was recently going, but I wanna show off my newest tool: an IWI X95.

It took a lot of persistence to get the okay from my wife to get it, but after she shot it, she was talking about wanting one of her own hahaha

It's a great shooter, and I actually have the Vortex Sparc AR red dot on it now, so the flip ups are just a back up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

sweet pickup...the gun is nice too :D
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    sweet pickup...the gun is nice too :D
                    Haha thanks man, she's definitely a ton of fun. And my wife is pretty alright too I guess

My only complaint is that you need some 2 and 3mm punches to totally take apart the recoil and bolt assembly

Comment

How's the trigger on the bullpup. Always heard that this can be an issue with bullpups.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Took my self out for some plinking yesterday. I dont get to go out much because the local ranges are all short distance indoor ranges and all require a membership. I wouldn't mind the membership if the ranges were better. I really wish there was a nice out door range in WA near me. There is one but they require you to load rounds one by one
                        So I drive out to this spot near Sequim which requires a ferry ride and a good amount of driving to get to.
                        I ordered some AR500 targets, and built my self a small target stand. Sadly the wire I brought along to hang the gongs was super week sauce and just broke when I hit the targets with the AR.
                        This was also the first time I shot ether rifles with the optics close to zero. The AR was shooting right by a few inches, and the 10/22 was shooting high a few inches. I got the 10/22 dialed, but I couldn't zero the AR with it blowing the targets off the stand constantly.

Untitled by Jeremy Nugent, on Flickr

sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          How's the trigger on the bullpup. Always heard that this can be an issue with bullpups.
                          The trigger is super great actually, about as good as I imagine a single stage strigger can be. It's got a real crisp, tactile reset, and it's not very squishy at all like people say the original Tavor is. Giselle makes a drop-in trigger, but since it's $400 and the stock trigger is good, I'll stick with stock for now.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                            Took my self out for some plinking yesterday. I dont get to go out much because the local ranges are all short distance indoor ranges and all require a membership. I wouldn't mind the membership if the ranges were better. I really wish there was a nice out door range in WA near me. There is one but they require you to load rounds one by one
                            So I drive out to this spot near Sequim which requires a ferry ride and a good amount of driving to get to.
                            I ordered some AR500 targets, and built my self a small target stand. Sadly the wire I brought along to hang the gongs was super week sauce and just broke when I hit the targets with the AR.
                            This was also the first time I shot ether rifles with the optics close to zero. The AR was shooting right by a few inches, and the 10/22 was shooting high a few inches. I got the 10/22 dialed, but I couldn't zero the AR with it blowing the targets off the stand constantly.

Looks like an awesome shooting spot. I'm jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
                              Looks like an awesome shooting spot. I'm jealous!

Its kinda dirty. Some one came up a few months ago and dumped a bunch of shit :(
                              If I didnt live so damn fare away I'd try and keep it clean, but I only visit maybe ones a month so I cant discourage ass holes.
                              It is a nice spot though. And the road is long ans strait so you can get nice long shots off. Target area is a dead end road with a huge berm.
                              sigpic
                              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Got the new .308 out to the range today. Zero'd in with some FGMM and showed immediate promise, two key-holed groups of about 3/8ths with 3rds each. Went onto my own loads, stepped down from my usual 48gr's of Reloader 17 to 46.5, 47 and 47.5. Immediately ran into chambering issues, but I pressed on. Heavy bolt lift, but also encountered heavy bolt close problems so I think my issue is a tight tolerance chamber and trying to get by with brass prep that "works" in a factory rifle. Seating depth not a problem, still 10 thou off the lands.

Anyone have experience with tight chambers and brass prep? It chambers factory ammo without hesitation, so all I'm left with is that it wants super close to SAAMI spec prep. Currently my brass is FL sized with the necks at .010" over and it seems to be too much.
                                Last edited by cale; 10-15-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X