Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Wow, most states have rules against 5.56 for deer. Generally, it is to small a caliber to humanly use on bigger game. I am surprised in a state like WA allows that.
    My bad boo, my deer gun is 6.5 grendel

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
      My bad boo, my deer gun is 6.5 grendel
      ^That's good. Hate to see anyone run afoul of the law... espc unintentionally!!

Comment

I use a Weatherby .270 winchester short mag for deer hunting and that is too big of a shell. There is no such thing as a clean kill. You just decimate the deer.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Wow, most states have rules against 5.56 for deer. Generally, it is to small a caliber to humanly use on bigger game. I am surprised a state like WA allows that. I think most states require 6mm or larger. You may want to look into that one.

I think for most, the AR in 5.56 is more of a plinking or competition rifle (3gun), and some varmint humting. I personally don't see a huge use for it outside of those uses. It's to powerfull for home defense, at least indoor anyways imho.

Congrats on your first AR, shoot well!!
          In Texas you can use .223 and 5.56 for deer. Using good ammo and there will be no issues.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
            I use one to run and gun, another at a truck gun, another to shoot long distance, another to kill deer and coyote, one to kick it old school Vietnam style and another as a short lightweight noise maker. Now with so much out there you can do anything and everything
            Should add, AR15's are by definition restricted to range use only up here, same goes for pistols so it's not really an option. I've got an AR10 platform showing up in the next few months though, little more capable for distance, and thanks to it predating the AR15 design, it's non-restricted. Picked up a Sightron 1-7 to top it off.

Comment

Finally pics of my TriStar Raptor
              Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like TeXJ.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like TeXJ.

1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Nice looking shotty. 1oz loads? How did it do cycling them? Have you run any 7/8ths loads. My mossy 930 is hit and miss on 7/8ths and even has trouble when dirty on 1oz. It's a pain to clean also.

Comment

Trump just banned bump stocks through executive action....bs. I have no use for bump stocks nor do I see their appeal but this executive action shit with the past few presidents needs to end. Also, how is this worded so it does not regulate trigger jobs?
                    Last edited by naplesE30; 02-20-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Trump just banned bump stocks through executive action....bs. I have no use for bump stocks nor do I see their appeal but this executive action shit with the past few presidents needs to end. Also, how is this worded so it does not regulate trigger jobs?

Just so long as the ar-15 doesnt get banned we are good lol.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

^It's a slippery slope ya know. Do you think this action is going to appease anyone? That's why I just got a bullpup. It's only a matter of time once the pendulum starts swinging.

Comment

^It's a slippery slope ya know. Do you think this action is going to appease anyone? That's why I just got a bullpup. It's only a matter of time once the pendulum starts swinging.

Very true. Its a very slippery slope. They just need to let shit be.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Nice looking shotty. 1oz loads? How did it do cycling them? Have you run any 7/8ths loads. My mossy 930 is hit and miss on 7/8ths and even has trouble when dirty on 1oz. It's a pain to clean also.

I had to shoot about 50 of my high brass duck loads, then after that the low brass cycled perfectly. No issues. At first it wouldn't shoot them.

I've been on the phone and not really able to hear what's happening with Trump and this, but you're right non-stock triggers can increase the rate of fire thus becoming like a slide-fire stock.

Also, what about bump-firing from the hip? Are they gonna ban that?

I'm so pissed right now.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Just watched the news. Sounds like he told jeff sessions to write up a bill to ban bump stocks but its likely going to have to go through congress. Here’s hope it gets shot down no pun intended.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Don't ban the AR's!!! I'm so interested in the new .224 Valkyrie.an AR that will reach out to 1300yrd! Hells yeah!

I'm a long range shooter have 6.5 creedmore,260,.308, 1K yards everyday here on the farm in PA

Hope to start Fclass this year
                                NASA
                                BMWCCA member
                                PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                                1997 M3 sedan
                                2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Working...
                                X