Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
    Why have a safety with kids? That shouldn't be a factor at all, because the guns should be locked up and the kids only have access to the guns when the parents are with them. Right?
    True, but in the event that shit happens with life, it's best to have a safety. Proper storage is super important. Just because I advocate for a thumb safety I'd you have a kid doesn't mean I don't also understand how important locking your firearm one way or another is.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

you should never rely on a mechanical safety.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Any of you have the Hornaday Lock n Load press? I am thinking about getting into reloading and am starting to do some preliminary research. Primarily would be re loading 9mm, and 5.56. Probably 66% 9mm and 33% 5.56, with some additional rifle cartridges down the road. I think I will be loading 2/1 or even 3/1 pistol/rifle. Any small bits of insight as to little annoyances or good details of the press are appreciated. I think the smooth rotation of the lock and load shell plate seems to be an advantage over a dillon, along with cost.
        Last edited by naplesE30; 03-27-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          Any of you have the Hornaday Lock n Load press? I am thinking about getting into reloading and am starting to do some preliminary research. Primarily would be re loading 9mm, and 5.56. Probably 66% 9mm and 33% 5.56, with some additional rifle cartridges down the road. I think I will be loading 2/1 or even 3/1 pistol/rifle. Any small bits of insight as to little annoyances or good details of the press are appreciated. I think the smooth rotation of the lock and load shell plate seems to be an advantage over a dillon, along with cost.
          I would get the Dillon based on their unwavering, no questions asked, customer service. They are kings of progressive presses. I bought a used Square Deal, it's over 20 years old, they send parts or will rebuild if needed, no cost or questions.

Comment

I have been wonder about what equipment to use for reloading as well. Or even what all i need. Since buying my ps90 ive spent 2-300 on rounds and its expensive. I currently have 325 rounds would like more lol

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
              I would get the Dillon based on their unwavering, no questions asked, customer service. They are kings of progressive presses. I bought a used Square Deal, it's over 20 years old, they send parts or will rebuild if needed, no cost or questions.
              Is that your first prog press? I know there customer service is legendary. Do you only load handgun ammo? How easy is it to change calibers/dyes on? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                Is that your first prog press? I know there customer service is legendary. Do you only load handgun ammo? How easy is it to change calibers/dyes on? Thanks
                It is, although I use my friends 650 every now and then.
                I have a Redding T7 turret press for rifle loads, but only do precision in rifle as the vast majority of my brass has crimped primers, and i do not want to deal with it.

I shoot a lot more pistol between IDPA and pistol caliber carbines, so the square deal is the best bang for the buck for me.

It takes 5 min to swap out calibers, i have extra plates for different calibers, so it's swapping that and the primer tube.

I would look into Inline Fabrication strong mounts for whatever you do, huge improvement and I can swap presses out on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  I have been wonder about what equipment to use for reloading as well. Or even what all i need. Since buying my ps90 ive spent 2-300 on rounds and its expensive. I currently have 325 rounds would like more lol
                  I would do a lot of reading on reloading 5.7 before diving in. In addition to the bottleneck case, I think there is some coating from the factory. I know my friend, an avid reloader, struggled with extraction issues and stuck cases on tumbled brass, I think the brass had a lacquer.

Regardless, it is a very finicky high pressure cartridge, prob not the best for new reloaders... Just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                    I would do a lot of reading on reloading 5.7 before diving in. In addition to the bottleneck case, I think there is some coating from the factory. I know my friend, an avid reloader, struggled with extraction issues and stuck cases on tumbled brass, I think the brass had a lacquer.

Regardless, it is a very finicky high pressure cartridge, prob not the best for new reloaders... Just my 2 cents

So I’ve been told... Yes the brass has a special coating on it cause the P90 magazine rotates the cartridge 90 degrees when you put it in the magazine so the put a coating on it to help it rotate. It sucks though cause it never goes on sale and the Federal american eagle 5.7 round sucks. It uses FNH brass but they must load it with bottom of the barrel powder its smokes a ton gives you a massive headache and just cakes the gun in unburnt powder. So your stuck spending 29.99 on a box of 50 and when its on sale its for like 25.99

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Just ordered my shooting rig. Double Alpha belt with Red Hill Tactical drop double layer kydex holster and five mag pouches. Should take about a month to receive it.

Comment

Strongly considering SBR’ing my PS90. Does anyone know if its frowned upon to own the parts to SBR before getting the stamp as long as they arent installed? With the wait time being 5-6months and ps90 items seem to go out of stock quickly id want to buy the barrel now and hold on to it if i can.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Some say intent is there so it could be considered intent to assemble. However, maybe you can keep it at a different location than where you keep the gun?
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Strongly considering SBR’ing my PS90. Does anyone know if its frowned upon to own the parts to SBR before getting the stamp as long as they arent installed? With the wait time being 5-6months and ps90 items seem to go out of stock quickly id want to buy the barrel now and hold on to it if i can.
                            Technically it is illegal, but really how many times has the atf done an inspection at your house. I "dont" suggest filing your form 1 and buying parts before your stamp comes in all...

I may or may not have the stuff to do a few sbr's right now. I have 2 stamps pending and one more to file when I stop being so damn lazy

Sbr ps90 is the only way but wanting to sbr everything is a real disease

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              Some say intent is there so it could be considered intent to assemble. However, maybe you can keep it at a different location than where you keep the gun?

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                              Technically it is illegal, but really how many times has the atf done an inspection at your house. I "dont" suggest filing your form 1 and buying parts before your stamp comes in all...

I may or may not have the stuff to do a few sbr's right now. I have 2 stamps pending and one more to file when I stop being so damn lazy

Sbr ps90 is the only way but wanting to sbr everything is a real disease

Thanks for insight. I got few places i can keep it. So will likely do that. Im just worried i’ll fill out my form 1 and get the stamp and parts will be gone. The SBR barrel for it has been known to go out of stock and be gone for a year or two.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I would buy it and store it away from the gun.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X