Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    I would buy it and store it away from the gun.

Yea I’d just keep it at my grandparents house or in my shop.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

My 2cents is I wouldnt do anything that could lead to losing my right to own firearms. With tech today, I always assume big bro is watching. Unless it's a cash deal from a neighbor no way in heck would I proceed until stamp is in my possession.

Comment

Im trying to figure out how i go about filling out my form 1. Do i just print one out and mail it to the atf with a check for the fee?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I believe so. Thats how everything else is, if its not available online with online pay.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Im trying to figure out how i go about filling out my form 1. Do i just print one out and mail it to the atf with a check for the fee?
            No. You really need to research how to get nfa items. There are a few ways to go about it, I did a trust before 41p came about. What I did was I bought a gun trust that was specific for my state(highly recommend that). Now you need finger prints and a passport photo so go find a place that has a silencerco kiosk because it does your prints and takes a pic of you and is about the same cost as going to get that all done, its $240 around here stamp included. You really need to get knowledged up on this because it is a process

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
              No. You really need to research how to get nfa items. There are a few ways to go about it, I did a trust before 41p came about. What I did was I bought a gun trust that was specific for my state(highly recommend that). Now you need finger prints and a passport photo so go find a place that has a silencerco kiosk because it does your prints and takes a pic of you and is about the same cost as going to get that all done, its $240 around here stamp included. You really need to get knowledged up on this because it is a process

Yea i started reading up on it last night. It sure seems to be a process.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                Yea i started reading up on it last night. It sure seems to be a process.
                At first it seems like a ton of work but when you do it, it's not that bad. The kiosk makes it a lot easier than filing

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                  At first it seems like a ton of work but when you do it, it's not that bad. The kiosk makes it a lot easier than filing

I’ll have to find one

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I wouldn't do a trust now that the laws have changed (before they were exempt from finger prints, now EVERYONE on the trust has to submit finger prints), I also am skeptical on the longevity (despite having 8 items on my trust) and security, since trusts are not people and do not have rights in the eyes of some....

Get some passport photos at your local USPS or pharmacy, get prints done at a local Sheriffs dept or something, and then fill out. The form has instructions, it's fairly easy. Just make sure you do not have "multi" under caliber, they no longer accept that, even if your receiver is labeled as so.

Personally, I would SBR an AR receiver a long time before a PS90. PS90 will always and only be a single platform, expensive to shoot SBR.

An AR can become a 9mm, 22lr, .300blk., 6.8SPC, etc..... and have lots of options and multiple uppers to a single lower.

Comment

I already have prints from getting my hand gun purchase permit

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

wow, you have to have a handgun permit? ouch
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Gun Thread

wow, you have to have a handgun permit? ouch

Here in omaha we do yes. We had a bad year for shootings so they passed a law that you gotta get a permit to buy hand guns and they have to be registered with the police department before you can take ownership of it. So for example when i bought my glock. I had to go to gun store fill out paperwork they gave me some paperwork i took that downtown to the police headquarters they gave me back the paperwork signed off. I took that all to gun shop i was buying from and then they gave me my glock. Its a hassle. It does make it easier though cause they dont have to run a background check. Fill out ten questions and your done cause the permits background check is done at a federal level so if you have one your clear here.

Its only for my county though its not a state law just a city. And my city pretty takes up the whole county.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

wow, that sucks.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

you have to have one to carry here in texas, also

Comment

wow, that sucks.

Yes it does it would be okay if it was a permit to carry but its not

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X