Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some day I will have a Night Hawk

Front cocking serrations do have a purpose. 1 instance I have seen them used say you have a hand thats badly injured, and you have to clear a malfunction, those front serrations can be used to snag the slide on your pants or gear and hold it while the frame slides through racking the action. You can also hook the front sight to do this as well at the risk of fucking up the sight alignment
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Have you every handled a night hawk there amazing. The fit is so nice. I love the 4inch talon with a bob tail.
      84 318I Delphin RIP
      87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
      89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        some day I will have a Night Hawk

Front cocking serrations do have a purpose. 1 instance I have seen them used say you have a hand thats badly injured, and you have to clear a malfunction, those front serrations can be used to snag the slide on your pants or gear and hold it while the frame slides through racking the action. You can also hook the front sight to do this as well at the risk of fucking up the sight alignment
        Some people feel they get better leverage with the front serrations for racking the slide. I like the boy scout motto "Be prepared", and thus I would like to be ready for anything. Plus I don't mind how they look, but I guess I can see you point in not liking them. All I know is NightHawks are primo. 1911's are definitely a gun you can collect.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

416: Yes I have a guy at the range I used to shoot at a bunch has a couple of them. He let me run a mag through them here and there when ever we would run into each other up there. One of the best 1911's dear lord. But I just cant lay out 2800 on a pistol when you can get very very close to that level for about a grand.

Some day though some day I will have a brand new Night Hawk
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Ya I basicaly understand for quick chaimber checks a lot of guys like to do it with there index finger and there thumb. It makes it quick check. but a 1911 should always be Carried cocked and locked IMO.

I get the hole injury thing.

But it shouldn't be on a target pistol springfield puts them on all of ther loaded models basicaly every thing other than the GI and the mil-spec.
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Mrsleeve: I completly agree with you. You can buy a base gun and have all the bells an whistles put on for less than What a knight hawk costs. And have it done by tussy or novak .

Also it would be hard to pick between a Ed Brown or a Knight Hawk. If your gonna spend the money it would be had to choose between the two for the money ED Brown has the advantage in my opinion. The special forces is sexy
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

checked out Blue Ridge Arsenal ( http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/ ) in Chantilly, VA today to check out some handguns. As i've said before, i'm coming up on my 21st and am looking for my first firearm purchase to be a reliable, accurate and capable handgun. I haven't shot any pistol other than my father's .22, and the rent weapons here...SCORE!

I really went today to test a .40 vs 9mm as i have never shot anything of the sort. After shooting a Sig229 (9mm) i have decided that 9mm is nowhere near as 'wimpy' as i first thought it to be, and i can definitely see myself purchasing one instead of .40 or .45 I also tried a Sig250 (polymer framed) .40 cal and, while i didn't mind the extra kick from the larger round, the firearm was crap. i don't know whether it was just dirty or if it needed to be smithed but the thing jammed 6 or 7 times in 50 rounds - the empty shell wasn't being ejected and then the next round would try to load...got extremely annoying.

started talking to them about what i was looking for (suitable to conceal and reliable enough to put round after round through) and most of the workers immediately recommended Glocks and, while i can see that they are extremely reliable, carry-able, and relatively inexpensive... i don't like glocks. The polymer frame feels cheap, they are closely associated with gangs and criminals, and they are just plain stupid looking. I know it sounds dumb, but if i'm going to invest a couple hundred bucks in a weapon, I want it to look good, make me look good and i want to like looking at it.

all in all, though, that place was full of people willing to answer my questions. they had a great selection and good prices. range prices were reasonable ($10/person/lane) with $12/weapon rental. you had to buy a box of their ammo, but it wasn't terribly expensive. I will be going back there to shoot around with some friends who've never shot before...they even have a .50 cal revolver...that shit was at least a foot long! i wanna try i wanna try!!!!

anyway, that's me. i've only got 2 more weeks before i can buy booze and handguns...I CAN'T WAIT!
                BRUTE

Comment

Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post

i've only got 2 more weeks before i can buy booze and handguns...I CAN'T WAIT!

Just trust me, its not as fun when you can legally!

9mm is an awesome round. Id vote, get a Glock 19 or 17 first. Then custom pick your weapons after.

Glocks fire every time!, cheap to shoot (not picky with ammo), and parts everywhere. If I came back down to own just one. That would be what I would pick. My 19.

Remember the guard that was killed at the jewish center last week? He was killed with a .22. For all the fan boys out there. 9mm is a mans round!
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

What Glock has the largest hand feel? I tried a few 7" 1911's and was unimpressed with how much I had to close my hand around it.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
                      for the youngin up there a ways

The sig 250 is a very good pistol, its not the norm for a sig to have a F2E, its either crappy ammo (light loaded so its not cycling with enough force to fully eject) or or you are limp wristing it, one of those or the pistol is in need of a good cleaning or the smith. I suspect its the cleaning or you are limp wristing it or a combo of the 2. The .40 is a has a very sharp recoil and if you dont hold it right and let it flex your wrists too much you will get a F2E a lot.

As far as you assessment of glocks I am in 100% agreement I hate them and just dont like them. I have friends that swear by them and its all they have or will carry, but they are uncomfortable in my hand and I cant hit shit with them well.

Stick with the Sig's you will not be sorry, other than going full on custom you wont get a better, more reliable, more accurate outta the box pistol than a Sig. If you really must go with the 9mm a 226 will serve you well for a long time. Shit the SEALS standard issue side arm is a factory 226. I am a Sig convert (over from HK).

Now on caliber choice at least try out a 45acp before you rule it out, I dont really like the .40S&W the recoil is really sharp and just feels weird to me, the 9mm has almost none at all.

Farbin, of course you have to close you hand a bit more around a 1911 than you are used to. With all the brick griped xd's you have what would you expect :)
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-15-2009, 05:59 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Farbin, of course you have to close you hand a bit more around a 1911 than you are used to. With all the brick griped xd's you have what would you expect :)

Ok, I'll give it that, but I felt like I'd have the kung-fu handjob grip on it, which I assume is a bit too tight.

How about some CCW based, larger handed suggestions?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

I'm guessing farbin probably has huge hands because he is 8'10"

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Farbin :A glock 21 a good size if you want a full size
                            84 318I Delphin RIP
                            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

A CC glock would be like a glock 30 I Believe in 45acp.

O also if you look ad a 21 don't loock at a SF becaus its a slim frame
                              84 318I Delphin RIP
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                                A CC glock would be like a glock 30 I Believe in 45acp.

O also if you look ad a 21 don't loock at a SF becaus its a slim frame
                                I've heard the SF stands for "short frame" even though I think slim frame makes more sense.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X