Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another convert.

Comment

I never have, and still dont have a strong feeling on guns, so I dont know if Im a convert. It's a tool I'll need to use, so Id like to get started learning. I guess I have always been a "supporter" since Im opposed to most gun laws.
      Originally posted by blunt
      i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Well, that is a great start.

Comment

So do you have some useful input, Farbin? lol
          i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

HK P2000sk is what my friend has as a backup. He is a Police officer. My friend who is a customs agent was issued an HK P2000.

By the way Jflip, get to know the laws so you don't come off as an idiot like the police who thought I was an illegal arms dealer of some sort. They didn't know the laws and I think it upset them further when I told them what they were saying was wrong. They eventual changed their focus to intimidation but I just smiled the whole time because it was ridiculous

*Never mind, the HK P2000sk has a hammer so that's a no go for you I guess.

How about a Walther PPS 9mm?

Last edited by Nicademus; 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

If you are looking for a compact size a sig 239DAK will get you a hammerless Sig that is small still meatal framed and in the either 9mm or .40

or even a 250 compact, if you must have a plastic gun

Out of the choices I would get a 239 tactical in .40 but that has a hammer and is DA/SA but thats what I prefer anyway.

But the PPS above is great option as well.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Now Im new to this... but if our issued guns are .40, and chances are 99% likely we will not ever fire them in the line of duty, Id like something small to carry as a secondary. Sigs certainly are not cheap, are they lol. Are glocks bad guns? They seem affordable, and many law enforcement agents seem to use them.

Comment

I know a few guys that swear by glock. Not me they just feel cheap to me I just dont like glock. Its not that they are bad guns I just dont like them.

SIG's may be pricey they are the best outta the box shooting guns you can buy, a Sig will out shoot you and really will help build you confidence, and help your skills improve. That and if this is going to be a duty/carry weapon, I dont think I would be using price point as a criteria for protecting my life

The only thing I will say, though is try out many different guns that fit your criteria to see what fits you hand the best and is comfortable.

I will take a sig over nearly anything else every time and if its something I can maintain, trust my life too with out hesitation. As long as you take good care of it and keep it in top shape it will go bang and hit what you are pointing at every time.
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-18-2009, 12:23 PM.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

The price is only a consideratoin right now because I dont have the job yet. If it were my primary, then obviously you want the best, regardless of cost. I just have a couple buddies (one is a cop, one is a sheriff) who swear by glocks. He has the G27 subcompact, and loves it. He said he has fired over 6,000 rounds from it, and it only failed once. They seem like solid guns for a fair price. And besides, all the rappers got their "glocks cocked" lol.

Comment

Also, whats a good online vendor? I learned my mistakes from buying from the "cheapest" place on google with other hobbies.

Comment

Well really the best place is a good local shop.

but gun broker.com is a good place to look. Some deals can be found there. But then you have to find one that is set up with the DOJ for shipping to CA. Most guys dont want to deal with your commie laws

William Pitt-

Comment

Sweet, I'll give em a look-see...Thanks for the help.

Comment

dont forget you have to have it shipped to your local FFL and they have to know that its coming IE you have to arrange a place to transfer it. The once its in, you have to go in fill out all the paper work, and wait how ever the fuck long the waiting period is then you can go back in a pick it up.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                              I think the Hogue grips really ruin the look of Sigs.
                              Have you shot one with the hogue grips though? So comfy! I love them on my 239!

Comment

That gun broker site says NO CA BIDS on every auction lol. I know there are strict gun laws in CA... I wonder if law enforcement officers are exempt from most of these laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X