Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jflip yes they are.
    LEOs can buy any pistol they want pretty much. Unless It would be considerd an "AW" then they would to do a little bit more to get it. But they still can get it registerd threw the Department if the state oks it which most of the time they do. And the same goes for rifles.
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
      That gun broker site says NO CA BIDS on every auction lol. I know there are strict gun laws in CA... I wonder if law enforcement officers are exempt from most of these laws.
      I don't know about CA but here in gods country LEOs get discounts at some local retailers. My pig buddy gets his arms from Streichers, which I don't believe they have in CA, but I would think there are probably similar police supply stores that your cop buddy can get you hooked up with.

Comment

O and Jflip if your not a member Of calguns.net you should register. It has aa huge classified section and covers all the laws and loop holes.
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I agree with everyone else saying Sigs are great guns. I went to the range and shot a couple 1911's, a couple glocks and the Sig 229.

The sig shot flawlessly for me. A buddy of mine was limp-wristing it and got a few stove pipes.

The glock felt cheap. The 1911's were great but just not as nice feeling in the hand.

The overall feel of the gun is quality and it fit my hand perfectly. Now if i ever get a job ill be able to get one...

Comment

California is a horrible place and thus no one wants to deal with anyone there, even law enforcement officers. You'll notice many online sellers will state "No sales to Cali, even law enforcement. I don't want to deal with all immense troubles". That state is really a joke. All the laws there are truly ridiculous and odd. You can tell they were created by people who know nothing about guns and have a fear of certain images. Bullet buttons, stocks, mag sizes, manufacturers and all sort of things that are Cali only weirdness (well maybe a couple other states suck complete ass too like New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts or something). You should learn to like guns and not fear them. Take some beginners safety and marksmanship classes. They will give you a healthy respect and likely an appreciation for guns. Jflip you seem like someone who enjoys competition and sports; well shooting is no different. I love to compete, especially on an individual basis were the win/loss is all in my hands. I remember when I took my classes the teacher let us have a competition at the end of every class and it was great. I know a lot of libtards don't like this, but that because they are LOSERS and don't want to cry when they are the winners. If they really obeyed there ideals then then should not care about coming in last, but sadly they bitch and make it so no one should be allowed to compete because it might hurt little Billy's feelings. Everybody is a winner in California!!....sorry, got a bit off topic there.

I personally like how Glocks feel and shoot, but many others do not. I think the triggers are great on them. You could get a "hammerless" revolver.

My feeling is that I'd like my sidearm and backup gun to be the same caliber, thus I'd be able to use the ammo I'm carrying in either one of them.

I think if you can become a confident gun person who really enjoys the sport of shooting it will make you a much better man in the field and less likely to be some jackass who tases and then puts three rounds into a chihuahua or tasers a 74 year old woman.

Speaking of Tasers check this out! Click Me Taser Shockwave

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Thats a good point about the ammo being the same for the primary and secondary guns. I have to do research and check out the size difference between a G26 and a G27. It seems like it may be advantageous to have the G27, since if I EVER DO have to resort to a secondary weapon, my life is obviously in danger. A .40 seems like it'd obviously have greater stopping power than a 9mm. It looks as if the 26 and 27 both have the same dimensions (or close to it) and weigh the same. Maybe the G27 would be the better choice, because I know my buddy who is a cop has the G27, so I could get a better tutorial.
              Originally posted by blunt
              i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

The G27 is a nice gun, my buddy has one as a backup. Fortunately for him he gets to carry a G22. So not only is it the same caliber, but he can use the G22 mags in the G27. Its awesome going to the range with him and popping in a 15 rd mag into the G27. Its so obnoxiously long it looks like a G18 w/ 30rd mag.

Comment

By CA's definition my .22 pistol is an "Assault Weapon" because it has a threaded barrel!

I lived the first 19 years of my life in CA (born in SLO jflip) but I have to admit their gun laws are absurd.
                  Last edited by 2002maniac; 06-19-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Now the issued weapons for CHP are S&W 4006-TSW. Those mags wouldnt be interchangable, would they? Im not sure if all .40 cals mags fit others or not. Or does a glock have to use glock mags?

I dont see carrying a primary, the 2 extra mags on the belt, a secondary, and then extra mags for that as well. I think the only real benefit would be the fact that you only have to buy one size of ammo. Correct me if Im wrong?
                    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Yeah, I was talking to my buddy about the gun laws, and they are pretty much ridiculous when he broke them down to me. oh well, it is what it is. Im sure the rules will be a little more lenient when you are a LEO.

Im starting to think maybe a Subcompact gun that is FUN to have and shoot would be best. Since 99.99% of officers never fire their primary on the job, I can imagine the odds of using a secondary.

Comment

jflip, I have been blown away after spending 27 years in California, having gone to the gun stores in the state, to moving to a much more gun friendly, (arguably one of the most gun friendly states) and going to the grocery store/hardware/farm shops and finding a wider selection, and things actually in stock. It's amazing how different a state's laws could be, I couldn't have imagined.

Best of of luck in Cali.

Comment

Gun mags are basically not interchangeable between different makes and models. There are some rare exceptions but generally no. I'm going brain dead right now. Just got back from camping.....derrrrrrr derrrrr umm Glocks yup. Lets see glocks of the same Caliber share mags, except for the "SF" one from what I hear.

My Jericho 941F 9mm will use EAA Witness/Tangfolio 9mm magazines, baby eagle, and uzi eagle mags, but basically all those guns are the same thing with different names. SOoo basically Glock.

Sig sig sig sig sig, AWESOME

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          jflip, I have been blown away after spending 27 years in California, having gone to the gun stores in the state, to moving to a much more gun friendly, (arguably one of the most gun friendly states) and going to the grocery store/hardware/farm shops and finding a wider selection, and things actually in stock. It's amazing how different a state's laws could be, I couldn't have imagined.

Best of of luck in Cali.
                          Yeah Cali BLOWS. I would have to be making sooo much money to actually live. there. I'd say I'd need enough money to own a second home in another state.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                            Jflip yes they are.
                            LEOs can buy any pistol they want pretty much. Unless It would be considerd an "AW" then they would to do a little bit more to get it. But they still can get it registerd threw the Department if the state oks it which most of the time they do. And the same goes for rifles.

A LEO can not personally own weapons that are Class 3 unless they go though the same steps as you and me. They are able to possess them only as an issue weapon but still owned by the Sheriffs dept. Also Leo's have to carry what is approved by their office. This is a crappy deal and really comes down to money!

just for fun....

http://sendables.jibjab.com/originals/hes_barack_obama
                            Last edited by Vedubin01; 06-21-2009, 08:46 AM.
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

has anyone ever heard if this bill went anywhere?

BACK DOOR GUN REGISTRATION
                              Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal
                              tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints
                              and a tax of $50 per gun.

The bill was introduced on Feb. 24th and will become public
                              knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law.. This is an amendment
                              to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance
                              Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all..

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage

You can find it by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm <http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm>
                              <http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm <http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm> >

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy
                              of this e-mail to every gun owner you know to help STOP this bill !!!

it seems to have been started in Feb, but i just heard about it yesterday.
                              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Ho.ly. sh.it.

Comment

Working...
                                X