Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
    Thanks, maybe I should ask this, if I piece an ar together does it need to have gunsmithing done to it to work? This would be just an occasional shooter...no matches or anything. If I piece it together though, I want it to work without an enormous GSing bill at the end, making sure all the gaps are good. (if needed) Maybe I'm just confused, its a strong possiblity.
    Your shouldnt need any gunsmithing. I suggest buying a book on ARs if you dont know anything about them and you plan to build one from scratch. like the marine corps one so you can under stand how headspace and all that good stuff.

Check them out for matched set uppers and lowers.

http://www.sundevilmfg.com/ there matched set is 319
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
      Thanks :) Its used and I got it for $550 w/ 2 12rd mags and the guy randomly threw in a 50round box of ammo. It doesn't have a rail either, but I don't own anything to go on a rail sooo whatever....although I kinda wish it did just because if somethings available I kinda want it.
      you get a .40 or a 9mm
      84 318I Delphin RIP
      89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Mastrcruse if you were to assemble an AR from say an assembled upper kit, it would take a mechanically inclined individual like 35 to 45 minutes to assemble, depending on bells and whistles. IIRC AR15.com has a tutorial on how to assemble one, it even includes the helpful hints from hard learned lessons. Like how to keep certain plungers for ending up across the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
          Thanks, maybe I should ask this, if I piece an ar together does it need to have gunsmithing done to it to work? This would be just an occasional shooter...no matches or anything. If I piece it together though, I want it to work without an enormous GSing bill at the end, making sure all the gaps are good. (if needed) Maybe I'm just confused, its a strong possiblity.
          Putting the lower together is uber easy and the upper too for the most part. If you were local I'd help you out for free basically. 1,500-2,ooo will get you a really sweet AR15. We're talking something a lot cooler than RRA. Let me see...

Check it out (all brand new):

LWRC M6A1 Carbine $2,050 Click Here

Daniel Defense M4 Carbine $1,549 Click Here

POF 6.8spc Midlength $1,995.95 Click Here

and Noveske actually has some stuff in stock on their site right now!!!

N4 Light Carbine, Basic $1,495 Click Here (and be the envy of all your friends and enemies)

Last edited by Nicademus; 06-23-2009, 11:30 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Putting the lower together is uber easy and the upper too for the most part. If you were local I'd help you out for free basically. 1,500-2,ooo will get you a really sweet AR15. We're talking something a lot cooler than RRA. Let me see...

Check it out (all brand new):

LWRC M6A1 Carbine $2,050 Click Here

Daniel Defense M4 Carbine $1,549 Click Here

POF 6.8spc Midlength $1,995.95 Click Here

All of those are great options.

Id add a LMT MRP to the list for under 2k. but finding one in stock might be kinda hard.
            Last edited by 416stroker; 06-23-2009, 11:35 PM.
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
              All of those are great options.

Id add a LMT MRP to the list for under 2k. but finding one in stock might be kinda hard.
              Bravocompany had 16" basic LMT uppers in stock all last week for $485. Sold out now though. I'd love any MRP upper.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Bravocompany had 16" basic LMT uppers in stock all last week for $485. Sold out now though. I'd love any MRP upper.
                Ya the bravocompany lmt uppers sell so fast. They are gone in hours.
                84 318I Delphin RIP
                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Here's my new Sig P229 :)

Last edited by Nicademus; 07-10-2009, 12:19 AM.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Here's my new Sig P229 :)

Thats in great shape.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I think I want that DD m4.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        I think I want that DD m4.
                        I'd rather have the Noveske. Its going to last FOREVER and be more accurate. This is due to the Cold Hammer Forged Barrel Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining,
                        (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16) and the polygonal rifling which is uber nice. There's a lot of other little things too. All you'd "need" is a rail, which can be bought in the future.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Noveske would be a best choice.

But this would be great option also

My ideal upper
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

That POF I posted in 6.8spc is a piston rifle too.

I like Adams Arms Piston setups.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

But the 6.8 weak compared to the grendel IMO. The grendel will out shoot . All 6.8 has is better muzzle energy and it drops like a rock the further out it gets Its only good for CQB. 6.5 grendel shoots flater that .762 nato they say I don't shoot 308 so Idk personaly.
                              84 318I Delphin RIP
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

On paper you are correct the Grendel in a semi hot yet heavy loading slightly edges out similar weight standard loaded .308. I shot lots of .308 and have not shot any Grendel so I cant speak from experience either, but I think if it were me I would stick with .308.

Just simpily for the reasoning that ammo is easy to find, and good brass can be reloaded 7-10 times. Grendel on the other hand is really hard to find on the shelf and The necks of the Grendel wear out really quick and I dont think you can reload them as many times.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X