No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great feedback. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely check them out. If you have any others - let me know.

Rob - yeah. Figure plans might change, but hopefully i go through less guns than wheels.

Comment

Awhile back I bought a Sig 229 in .22 Cal. It is upgradable to a .9mm, .357 Sig or a .40 cal. for about $350. The pistol itself was about $500 bucks. Other Sig models are available in .22 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        I would stay away from the P22 unless you just want a toy gun. The gun is made of pot metal and is very picky on ammo. A lot of FTF or FTE. You can do a search on them or ask the Hive the question about the P22. I picked up one to suppress but never got around to picking out the suppressor. I ended up selling it because it is not all that.

they do feel nice in the hands though.
        Agree/disagree. Vedubin01's right on here but I'm keeping my P22. P22 appears cheaply made for a Walther. Probably best to avoid it unless you're willing to tune it. They do seem to work better with premium ammo like CCI Stingers. There are some sites which detail the tuning process, haven't tried them but reports are they make the gun much more reliable. I love my P22 but it does exactly what Vedubin01 says, FTE and FTF's. Good advice. If you can put up with it they're fun. The Ruger MK's are more accurate and reliable. Have fun and be safe!
        sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Is there anyone in a fee state that can order me some AK74 mags? As long as there shipped Disasembled its 100% legal. I need to make spacers in the mags so I can have 10/30's. The already modified 10/30s cost to much here.

I was thinking Of somthing like this:

Or some cheap promags Ill toss a few bucks to who ever gets them.

I orderd this parts kit last friday it it should be here tomarrow and my parts from akbuilder should be here soon as well.
          Last edited by 416stroker; 10-28-2009, 07:47 PM.
          84 318I Delphin RIP
          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

have you ever built an AK before from a parts kit? You are going to need a riveter and if your folding your own flat it makes for even more fun. I built a Polish AK underfolder a few years ago from a flat. It came out really nice but its a bit of work!

sorry for the crappy cell phone picture....

Last edited by Vedubin01; 10-28-2009, 08:19 PM.
            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I've got two AK recievers ready to go, I'm just out of parts kits at the moment. Done spent all my munnies on bimmers and such...

But yes AK building is very fun, and rewarding!

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

have you ever built an AK before from a parts kit? You are going to need a riveter and if your folding your own flat it makes for even more fun. I built a Polish AK underfolder a few years ago from a flat. It came out really nice but its a bit of work!

sorry for the crappy cell phone picture....

This is going to be my first AK build. Im going to be going to a build party and Ill have all the correct tools. I just Have to pay $25 to attend. I cant wait to get it done. I thought about going With a yugo underfolder But The bulgarian will turn out to be a better rifle.

Polish kits went threw the roof.

The only shitty thing about a 5.45 build Is I dont have anymagazine choices I hate my State. I have a buch of pre-Ban 30round AR mags and a few Ak47 20 rounders but those wont do me any good.
                84 318I Delphin RIP
                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

yeah I built my Ak for under $300 complete with a never fired parts kit. Today just the kit alone would run upwards of $600. I love that gun, shoots like a dream. The Yugo is not all that. The parts are proprietary and thats not good when you have to go looking for replacement parts.

I also went to a build party do to mine. It took me about 10 hours to complete the build. Then I refinished the gun. Good luck and take pictures. Let others see a build process. Good times!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

VEDUBIN You know anything about the kits apex sell? From what I read there's not to much being said about there 74kits. I kinda wish I just would have bought a saiga instead.

It took 10 hours to build fuck. I hope I can get both done in a day. what's the most time consuming getting the trunions in? I think I'm even going to have to drill gas ports science they have new barrels.

Ill be taking pictures so I can hopfuly do a write up.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

yeah man, I dont know if your going to be able to get 2 built complete in 1 day. Depends on the number at the party and how much help everyone is. If your building from a flat you have to do some spot welding and dremeling.

Looking at the picture of the kit they show. IT looks a bit rough. But most kits these days are left overs from when they were cheap to import. It took me another 2 days to refinish the AK. But Im a bit anal when it comes to my work on firearms.

I would like to do a Saiga12 conversion next. But money is needed elsewhere atm.

Comment

You're gonna have a bunch of time tied up in the barrel on that kit. You'll have to do some layout work for the gasport because it's a 90 degree block. And drilling the barrel pin hole will take a bit of skill so you don't break the bit when you first start. And leveling up the sight tower, Gas Block and rear sight base will add time too.

On the sight I mentioned to you, there is a tutorial on doing a virgin barrel on an M70 that will give you some pointers on what to expect.

Comment

yeah man, I dont know if your going to be able to get 2 built complete in 1 day. Depends on the number at the party and how much help everyone is. If your building from a flat you have to do some spot welding and dremeling.

Looking at the picture of the kit they show. IT looks a bit rough. But most kits these days are left overs from when they were cheap to import. It took me another 2 days to refinish the AK. But Im a bit anal when it comes to my work on firearms.

I would like to do a Saiga12 conversion next. But money is needed elsewhere atm.

Maybe Ill bring my dad along so he can build one then. I plan on duracoting the recievers. I know Im building one in desert and the other Im not sure yet. IM thinking HK semi goss.

What do you think of screw builds? Im starting from a flat so If I dont end up getting them both done one might have to be a screw build.
                          Last edited by 416stroker; 10-29-2009, 07:00 PM.
                          84 318I Delphin RIP
                          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

My friend Killerone on ARFCOM sells the screw build kits. He is the one that helped me build my rifle. There is nothing wrong with a screw build and saves tons of time with the front trunnion. If its just going to be a beater then yeah, but if you want it done correctly it takes a bit longer. Thats really how I look at it anyway.

Ive been duracoating for about 8 years now. Its pretty strong stuff but I would park the lower receiver if I were you. I duracoated mine and I wish I parked it. Its not a hard job to do yourself if you dont mind working with chemicals. Im about to build a hot bluing tank to start doing some gun parts. Its much cheaper and its not that hard to do.

Comment

My parts kits came intoday. Ill have pics and a review of Apex's products for those that are interested later today.
                              84 318I Delphin RIP
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

The Bulgarian parts kits from apex are in verry nice shape. One only had a chipped upper handguard. I cant wait To build it.
                                84 318I Delphin RIP
                                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X