No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the P22 yesterday. It's one of the newer ones with an "AG" code for the barrel and begins with an "L" for the serial number. The reason I mention this is some of the earlier ones often required some home gunsmithing to become reliable. I disassembled it, cleaned and shot 9 rounds late yesterday evening with no problems. I used cheap Federal bulk ammo. As far as the suppressor goes, the integrated unit is very nice, but I wanted to be able to use the suppressor on multiple guns (a 10/22 is in the future, maybe a Ruger with a Pac-lite barrel as well). The good thing about the Walther is that the barrel is already threaded, and with an adapter (~$25.00) it is very easy to attach the Outback II. The one complaint I have about the P22 at this point is that it is a little difficult to reassemble...the guiderod and spring are hard to get lined-up with the slide. I imagine it will get easier with practice.

Comment

Originally posted by dlmpsy View Post
      I bought the P22 yesterday. It's one of the newer ones with an "AG" code for the barrel and begins with an "L" for the serial number. The reason I mention this is some of the earlier ones often required some home gunsmithing to become reliable. I disassembled it, cleaned and shot 9 rounds late yesterday evening with no problems. I used cheap Federal bulk ammo. As far as the suppressor goes, the integrated unit is very nice, but I wanted to be able to use the suppressor on multiple guns (a 10/22 is in the future, maybe a Ruger with a Pac-lite barrel as well). The good thing about the Walther is that the barrel is already threaded, and with an adapter (~$25.00) it is very easy to attach the Outback II. The one complaint I have about the P22 at this point is that it is a little difficult to reassemble...the guiderod and spring are hard to get lined-up with the slide. I imagine it will get easier with practice.

The P22 is a fun shooter put is a PAIN in the ASS to reassemble for the record.... Mufflers for them are good to if you do not want to be heard as much when shooting... I had a limited 1500 run of the Carbon Fiber finished ones but sold it for profit and bought a nickel/black frame two tone to replace it...

Comment

OK, so I'm appearantly clueless - I haven't seen a clear definition of "clip" so far in gun terms - is there one, or is it just improper slang for "magazine"?

Rob? Anyone?

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

clip:

[2nd pic property of Oleg Volk]

Technically a stripper clip:

[Picture property of The Box O' Truth]

Magazine:

Simply put, a magazine is a container in which ammunition is stored, whilst a clip is a small piece of metal which holds rounds in place whilst outside ...

BEERTECH

Comment

Thanks Rob - so a magazine is an enclosed clip from what I see.

So you could say a M1 Garand takes a clip, while a M16 would use a magazine?

Thanks - it's always nice to know proper terminology.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

you have it correctly.
              BEERTECH

Comment

Bought this today:

Benelli Nova Pump 12 ga.

I'm going to fire it later today. It's my first gun. Bought some 3 1/2" turkey shells, and I'm ready to kill a big bird.

Comment

Thats actually a great gun. But 3.5" shells are only going to tear your shoulder off your body. Hope you got reduced recoil shells.

Congrats on your purchase.

I picked up another AR lower that I plan to build.

Good times!
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I turned 21 in march. Maybe I should pickup another expensive hobby...
                    Fair warning to the members of r3v. I accidently shot out the window of my Geo, with a fairly powerful one pump rifle, while it was parked on my dimly lit street and the drivers side door was wide open. Meanwhile my friend was sitting in the drivers seat looking a little pale. :eeek:

Comment

Yeah, I just got the 3.5's for actually hunting. They will kill a turkey much easier. But for duck and quail and suck, it would be overkill. I also got some normal 2 3/4" for skeet.

Going to fire it now. My buddy has a mini 14 we're goign to fire now too. Man, I love that gun.

Comment

Originally posted by crxb16t View Post
                        I turned 21 in march. Maybe I should pickup another expensive hobby...

Fair warning to the members of r3v. I accidently shot out the window of my Geo, with a fairly powerful one pump rifle, while it was parked on my dimly lit street and the drivers side door was wide open. Meanwhile my friend was sitting in the drivers seat looking a little pale.

Maybe you should not pick up this hobby !!!! LOL.... No offense but it sounds just a bit unsafe being anywhere near you holding a gun....

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                          Bought this today:

Benelli Nova Pump 12 ga.

I'm going to fire it later today. It's my first gun. Bought some 3 1/2" turkey shells, and I'm ready to kill a big bird.

VER NICE GUN !! You will like it alot !! Have fun with those shoulder kickers !!! Hope your not recoil sensative !!! LOL

Comment

anyone have a 18.5" mossberg 500 barrel they want to get rid of? I need to start modding my guns more but the car is taking all the $ at the moment.

ohh and has anyone used either the ati top folding stock or the knoxx specops stock?
                            Last edited by asubimmer; 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM.
                            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Yeah, you guys weren't kidding about recoil. I'd shot plenty of target shot, but the 3.5's are a whole new ball game. I'm pretty stout at 220lbs, so it's not too bad, but my right shoulder is bum from rugby.

The gun fires nicely, just like I would expect. But my friend's mini 14 is much more fun. What a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                                Yeah, you guys weren't kidding about recoil. I'd shot plenty of target shot, but the 3.5's are a whole new ball game. I'm pretty stout at 220lbs, so it's not too bad, but my right shoulder is bum from rugby.

The gun fires nicely, just like I would expect. But my friend's mini 14 is much more fun. What a gun.

Get you some slugs to shoot for fun ..... Talk about recoil LOL holy shit !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X