Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice score! I love Sp101s

As for reloading, a wheelgun is a perfect platform, that one in particular; its built like a tank, as a wheel gun you don't have to pay as much attention to length (but do so anyway), and saving brass is easy. Just make sure you have a sequence, and stick to it. Its when you get stuff out of order than double loads happen. I reload with a single stage press, very slow and deliberate, but its a great hobby, and can save money on ammo.
    BEERTECH

Comment

I'm thinking I'll start hoarding .308, .223, & 357s brass & slugs after I pick up a few AR-15 lowers, and at least a dozen mags for a personal -15, and some extra mags for my -10. Maybe a few collapsible stocks too.

I really hope the American public has better sense then to put a Dem in next fall. That Nancy Pelosi sounds like a ignorant chick too, too bad she's where she is.

Really, before they pass bills on regulatory measures over guns, they (politicians) sould be able to pass an IQ test on said guns. Banning semi-auto shotguns - come on, that's gay.

I got too much stuff to buy before the politicians "save us from ourselves". I will look into the whole FFL process to see what advantages that can offer.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

I've got almost 10k rounds of South African 308 in my "bunker"

Comment

Both the left and the right have more pressing issues than a measly amendment, for the time being.
          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            Next on my list of toys to buy is a Dillon 550b reloader. Never done it before but with the price of ammo and the future of ammo I think its as good as an investment as other guns or mags.

anyone else here reload? If so pointers please.... Im a bit green when it comes to this and dont know if I would want to shoot my own reloads....:o)

Fun fact:

Dillon's quality control is AMAZING. They send back rejects to the manufacturer like its going out of style.

And the shipping and receiving guy is quite funny.

Comment

bought myself one of these today as my first shotgun:

EDIT: ok, pics dont work, its a Mossberg 590 Special Purpose 9-shot Matte finish w/ the heatshielded barrel and thumb through synthetic stock.
              Last edited by golde30; 12-03-2007, 10:18 PM.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

A fun cheap shooter of mine :

Walther P22

And my other fun shooter (will get better pictures later) :

Rock River AR-15 Entry Tactical Custom
                Last edited by atomic; 05-14-2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

anyone here besides me gotten into .17hmr's? Very neat gun. Watch the bullet fly and the impact all through the scope. Very potent for an overglorified pellet. The squirrils dont really like the ballistic tips, and it does numbers on coyotes with the FMJ's. I cant even remember how many ive gotten in the last year. Go pick one up or shoot a buddies. Mine is a Savage 93r17bvss.

after getting the scope back in shape...a tad over 3/8 group at 2hundred. completly calm, clamped in a vice. sighted in for 275

the gun it's self

sigpic

Comment

3/8" groups at 200.....feet?
                    BEERTECH

Comment

I would take it as 200 yards. The .17 is an incredible gun. Flatter than a 22lr. And has got some wicked speed behind it. I do not own one yet but for rabbit and varmint hunting that would be the new gun of choice.

Well this is my kind of new build. Its a DPMS lower, with the Magpul grip and stock and a RRA lower parts kit. Looking to go Form 1 on this one and do some crazy 11.5" barrel maybe even the 6.8. Who knows Im broke at the moment so dreams are everywhere on this one!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

yes that was a 3/8 group fron the inside of the shots. They are friggin tack drivers. My gun and everything to get me started with 4 boxes of ammo ran me around $600. Go get one asap
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.sexymorningvoice View Post
                          yes that was a 3/8 group fron the inside of the shots. They are friggin tack drivers. My gun and everything to get me started with 4 boxes of ammo ran me around $600. Go get one asap
                          I have the same Savage .17hmr, same camo too, I love that gun...soooo accurate. Furthest I have shot it was 150 yards and the groups were tight.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well this is my kind of new build. Its a DPMS lower, with the Magpul grip and stock and a RRA lower parts kit. Looking to go Form 1 on this one and do some crazy 11.5" barrel maybe even the 6.8. Who knows Im broke at the moment so dreams are everywhere on this one!

Lucky bastid, that is all no-no here. No SBRs, no suppressors, and no fun. I can't believe that we even have the right to carry. Nice setup you got started there, i would love to build an uberexpensive noveske entry SBR but i'll have to hope we get rid of the democrats first.

Comment

Looking to go Form 1 on this one and do some crazy 11.5" barrel maybe even the 6.8.]
                              What's 'Form 1'?

I thought 16" was the minimum. So does that mean you have to get a 9.2" flash hider? I'm new to this if you cant tell.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                              You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

There are ways of owning full auto, suppressors and short barreled rifles and shotguns. They are called NFA items. You must fill out certain forms and have them signed off by a sheriff or a judge in your home town or go the corporate, trust route. I live in Miami FL and they are very liberal here and would never sign off on such items. So I have to go the other route. This bypasses the local law enforcement of knowing what is in their home town. Stupid if you ask me but none the less. You do give up some of your rights in owning these items but for law abiding citizens sometimes it worth it and it does cost. Basically the Federal Government wants a cut if you buy them. Its called a TAX stamp and each item is taxed $200. Form 1 is where you are the manufacture of a firearm. Since the barrel is going to be under the legal limit of 16" you must register the receiver as the SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) If you want to put a suppressor on the SBR its going to cost you another $200. Once you register the receiver you are able to put what ever barrel you want on it. (ex. 7" to 24") and since the receiver is taxed the upper does not matter.

You can also do this with Machine guns and Destructive Devices. Again another $200 tax. You can own full auto M16's to MP5 to grenades. There are rules to owning such items and they do cost up the butt. A M16 full auto will run you anywhere from $12k to $15k and I have seen HK MP5's run over $20k. Its really a rich mans sport but fun to play if you can afford it. But if you do own one the cost is feeding them not just owning them. Full auto M16's spit about 600 rpms and at .25 cents plus each at todays rate that adds up pretty quickly.

Ive been shooting for many years and enjoy the AR platform. Ive owned them from 5.56 to the 50 Beowulf. The next progression is now SBR and full auto machine guns. Kind of like owning an e30 and wanting a M3 if you work for it you will one day have one.

Any other questions?
                                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X