Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
    Why would anyone want to ban that gun? Why do people want to ban any gun for that matter? Look at gun crime stats. No one commits crimes with legally bought weapons for one and two no one ever uses eviL "assault" rifles.
    preaching to the choir man
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Oh, Yeah the M1A1 is on the new ban list.

Comment

Here is a leaked version of the new ban list.

The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list WILL be worse):

Rifles (YES and copies and duplicates):
        • M1 Carbine, Sturm Ruger Mini-14, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, AR-10, Thompson 1927, Thompson M1;
        • AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;
        • Olympic Arms PCR; AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
        • Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine, SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AUG, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
        • Calico M-110, MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3, Olympic Arms OA, TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10, Uzi.

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):• Armscor 30 BG, SPAS 12 or LAW 12, Striker 12, Streetsweeper.

Catch-all Categories (for anything missed or new designs):
        A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has
        (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below), (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
        Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds. (except tubular magazine .22 rimfire rifles-unlike New Jersey which bans these too!).
        A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has (i) a second pistol grip, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a barrel shroud or (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
        A semiautomatic shotgun with (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below), (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
        Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion and/or completer kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:
        Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any “semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.” Note that Obama’s pick for this office (Eric Holder, confirmation hearing set for Jan. 15) wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home.
        Fucking outta control.

Comment

I think he just wants to ban all guns for the fear that he'll end up with too much in common with JFK.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Money$hit View Post
            Even for CCW?

ITs a full size yes but yeah.... I would still carry it. I carry a Glock 19. Though listed as a compact, its still a large gun.

As for shotguns.

Benelli all the way. I am selling my shotgun right now to acquire one.

Looking for a M1S90 or a M2.

This is my ad for my shotgun on Gunbroker.com
            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Miasma View Post
              Here is a leaked version of the new ban list.
              All I have to say is FUCK THAT. I think every gun I want to own is on that list.

Comment

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by iwillhunt View Post
                  All I have to say is FUCK THAT. I think every gun I want to own is on that list.
                  +1 I really want an ak-74 or an ak-47.

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

After going to the gun show today, I've been convinced to go with a Kimber 1911 over the Springfield 1911.

Just have to save my pennies now for the gun.

Comment

how so?

Comment

Here is mine. On top a Karabiner 98K produced by the german army in 1940.
                        Under is my huntingrifle. That is a Tikka T3 Lite.
                        I want to buy a revolver, but the I have to be a member of a club, and to be that I must be 18 years old! :(

Comment

Originally posted by nicademus View Post
                          i think he just wants to ban all guns for the fear that he'll end up with too much in common with jfk.
                          +1
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            how so?

I talked with multiple dealers, some of which were gun shop owners. They all thought that the Kimber was better constructed, and also holds its value better than the Springfield.

I also held a few new Kimbers and it feels like sex. I dont think Ive had a gun conform to my hand the way the Kimber did. It also helps that they were quoting me a few $100 or so less than the MSRP on the Kimber site.

Comment

Here's the deal though. IF you got the Springfield and changed some parts with Wilson Combat. You would have a way better gun for about the same as a Kimber and would hold its value even better.

You really want to get into 1911's Check out Wilson Combat They use Milspec frames such as the Springfield.
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

God its getting complicated, lol.

Im gonna go see the dealer at his shop too. He sells Wilsons, Kimbers and Colts.

Comment

Working...
                                X