No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC vdubin said a springfield with wilson bits is better than a kimber...

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    Thats fine but I would make a stand and you could read about me in the news. As far as a kimber, they are good guns. But they are the lower end of custom 1911's. I have had friends that love them and others bitch about them. Out of the box they are fine for most uses. I have some friends that are really into sport shooting and classes and find the weaknesses in most things. I own a Kimber as well, the Warrior.

and,

Here's the deal though. IF you got the Springfield and changed some parts with Wilson Combat. You would have a way better gun for about the same as a Kimber and would hold its value even better.

You really want to get into 1911's Check out Wilson Combat They use Milspec frames such as the Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Money$hit View Post
      Not sure, everyone I talk to swears by them (Kimber). From what I read the Wilson mags and Tripp mags make all the difference in making the gun reliable. Theres a link in this thread posted by Vdubin, Id suggest reading that forum, lots of good information.
      Yeah I've been doing a lot of reading and all its down for the most part is confuse me even more.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      IIRC vdubin said a springfield with wilson bits is better than a kimber...
      Sounds familiar.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I didnt say Vedubin supported either Kimber or Springfield. I said he posted a link to a forum with a 1911 section, with good info.

Most of what Ive heard about Kimber is from friends and dealers.

Comment

I didnt say Vedubin supported either Kimber or Springfield. I said he posted a link to a forum with a 1911 section, with good info.

Most of what Ive heard about Kimber is from friends and dealers.
          Nor did I imply you did. I just thought a $900 kimber plus $300+ to get it "customed" is not as good an idea as a $500 springfield plus $500 in mods.

Comment

True. Im really in the same bucket. I really dont want to spend $900+ on any gun right now, but if I get a CCW as planned, I want to carry a compact 1911 of some sort.

Comment

For me its between:

and

Comment

I need a buffer tube so that I can get a Magpul CTR for my gun but it's proving difficult and annoying. Any help or advice?

Went to the gun shop to pick one up as well as a 1911 or maybe a revolver and couldn't make a decision on a gun. I did want some Pmags and the stock though and they had neither. :(

True. Im really in the same bucket. I really dont want to spend $900+ on any gun right now, but if I get a CCW as planned, I want to carry a compact 1911 of some sort.
                I just renewed my CCW earlier this week. I'd allowed it to expire close to a year ago so I had to pay like $20 more dollars and get finger printed again. No big deal really.

Check out the new Knife/Edged Tools thread: click here
                Last edited by Nicademus; 02-09-2009, 01:36 AM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Anyone know anything about Aero Precision Lower receivers? They're made in Tacoma so I thought maybe I could buy directly from them?

Money will know be transitioned back to guns (my first love) for a while. I've been neglecting them for too long. Vedubbin helped me to make a purchase today of a Dark Earth Magpul CTR stock, complete with everything needed to mount it. Looks like I bought the last one they had! Sweeeet.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

I have heard Kimbers are very picky on the ammo you shoot out of them, and even with good ammo they tend to jam. I have also heard they have reliability issues.

Go with Springfield, get the 1911 GI. You can get it for +/-$600.00 and it has a lifetime warranty.
                    Last edited by motorsports_3; 02-10-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

thats a pretty sick lower nicademus lemme know what you find out about em.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                        thats a pretty sick lower nicademus lemme know what you find out about em.
                        Yeah will do. It looks like they makes Fighter jet parts too, which is cool.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

gun laws ftl

Comment

I want:

KNS anti rotating pins generation 2

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                              I want:

KNS anti rotating pins generation 2

Im actually placing an order for that today. On my new build I was shooting suppressed and for what ever reason the trigger pin was walking out and caused the gun to not fire 2 times.

Spikes tactical has the best price on them but they do not include the install tools. This is really not needed and can be installed with an allen key.
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Im actually placing an order for that today. On my new build I was shooting suppressed and for what ever reason the trigger pin was walking out and caused the gun to not fire 2 times.

Spikes tactical has the best price on them but they do not include the install tools. This is really not needed and can be installed with an allen key.
                                Can I call you? or can you tell me which one of these Click here I'd want? I have a Bushmaster Carbine w/ a National Match 2 stage trigger. I've been getting bad creep since the 2 stage trigger was installed.

I'm looking to buy now. I was thinking the .1555 is the right one since i have the 2 stage trigger? Whats the deal with the different styles? I've tried calling a couple places but no one picks up.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X