No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA:. I was walking through Wally world with my son today and noticed a "stack on qas-1512-b" biometric safe.

It was normally $150, but on clearance for $100. I did a quick search and saw they go for 130-150 online. Despite mixed reviews I decided to give it a shot.

Don't bother. Programmed 4 fingerprints into it, and my index fingers multiple times. Then, it wouldn't even light up to recognize my finger and unlock. Tried for 30 minutes, reading the manual over and over, to no avail. Randomly when moving the thing around it would light up looking for a fingerprint.

Just a heads up, they are on clearance for a reason, absolute garbage!

Only reason I'm looking is because my kids are now almost 4 and 2. I've already started gun safety training with my oldest, and she knows not to touch a gun if I'm not around. She also knows to get an adult if she ever does see one out (don't intend to ever let that happen, but gotta consider friend's homes as well). I let her sit with me during cleaning sessions, and tell her that when she is older I will include her in the hobby.

Still, as it is now everything is locked in my large safe, and my daily carry goes on the top shelf of my closet. Not exactly accessible in a moments notice.

Anywho, I played with one of these at Costco the other day and it was great. Instant, fast opening, and can be mounted to the wall next to my bed. I almost bought it, but found that they have a biometric model with a real scanner available. Just going to save my pennies and go that route unless someone has a better suggestion.

I understand that none of these offer a theft proof option, which is ok. I have a rifle safe that my valuables are kept in. This will only be used when I am home, as a secure and easily accessible storage for my carry weapon.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Took my son to the range for the first time. It went really well. He did a great job focusing and following directions. Started out with one round in the magazine for about 30mins. After he got down loading mag, checking saftey before inserting mag, then aiming, safety off, firing, safety on, which he had to audibly say as he did each, we worked up to three round mags while counting off each round. Need to work on using the sights a little better. But considering how the gun fit him, he did very well. Most importantly he took it very seriously and had a nervousness at first, which meant he understood it can be dangerous if done in a irresponsible manner. Also the 10/22 performed flawlessly, which I was hoping for. Seems everytime I go some guys is struggling with getting his .22 to work even somewhat reliably.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
      Last edited by naplesE30; 07-04-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

^

In my experience most 22lr semis reliability issues is mostly due to ammo issues.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
          PSA:. I was walking through Wally world with my son today and noticed a "stack on qas-1512-b" biometric safe.

It was normally $150, but on clearance for $100. I did a quick search and saw they go for 130-150 online. Despite mixed reviews I decided to give it a shot.

Don't bother. Programmed 4 fingerprints into it, and my index fingers multiple times. Then, it wouldn't even light up to recognize my finger and unlock. Tried for 30 minutes, reading the manual over and over, to no avail. Randomly when moving the thing around it would light up looking for a fingerprint.

Just a heads up, they are on clearance for a reason, absolute garbage!

Only reason I'm looking is because my kids are now almost 4 and 2. I've already started gun safety training with my oldest, and she knows not to touch a gun if I'm not around. She also knows to get an adult if she ever does see one out (don't intend to ever let that happen, but gotta consider friend's homes as well). I let her sit with me during cleaning sessions, and tell her that when she is older I will include her in the hobby.

Still, as it is now everything is locked in my large safe, and my daily carry goes on the top shelf of my closet. Not exactly accessible in a moments notice.

Anywho, I played with one of these at Costco the other day and it was great. Instant, fast opening, and can be mounted to the wall next to my bed. I almost bought it, but found that they have a biometric model with a real scanner available. Just going to save my pennies and go that route unless someone has a better suggestion.

I understand that none of these offer a theft proof option, which is ok. I have a rifle safe that my valuables are kept in. This will only be used when I am home, as a secure and easily accessible storage for my carry weapon.
          I have several friends who speak highly of gun vault safes. One had an issue with his biometric safe after a few years of operation and he said their customer service was great..... iirc they shipped him a replacement before he even sent his off.

I have a stack on with key pad and top opening, so it works in my night stand drawer. It has served it purpose for a few years, one change of batteries so far. Not the quickest of access buy good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            ^

In my experience most 22lr semis reliability issues is mostly due to ammo issues.
            Thats good info and makes sense. There were sevral live rounds of 22 left on the bench when we arrived..... didnt check them to see if they were struck.

The range I go to is operated by FWC, and some people that use it are so cheap they shoot Styrofoam plates as targets..... so Im sure their ammo may be substandard as well.

We used Federal automatch target ammo, which was pretty cheap 6cents a round. So far so well

Comment

Gun Thread

With my 10/22's we would always just shoot Rem golden bullet and I don't think I got through a 30 round mag without having to clear a round due to misfire/not cycling fully. Currently shoot Federal and CCI which both seem to work well.

Also had a wacky malfunction with my 10/22 recently. Completely disassembled it and took the bolt out. Apparently the extractor some how came out of the bolt. No idea if it broke or was just so worn it came out, but will have to order a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Need opinions. Been considering a .380 "pocket pistol". Was looking at bodyguards and lcp.

LGS has a Sig p230 equinox in like-new condition for a little over $400. I handled it, and definitely like it.

My only concern is carrying it like my 1911, due to the lack of the grip disconnect. That said, the trigger is heavy enough that it it takes some effort. Also, the safety is stiff, but not too stiff.

Anyone have experience with one? Seems like a hell of a deal.

No E30 Club
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I have an LCP Custom. I love it for what it is. It is a tiny gun, that I carry when it's hot out or I may be in a place that frowns on carrying.

They have a new LCP 2 that just came out. If I had the funds I would get that one as well.

These are not range toys, though if you do your part they can hit targets at distance.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Did some reading and it sounds like the full metal in the 238 makes it pretty tame to shoot. That was my main issue with the LC9, it was so light that it was a bitch to shoot a string of bullets accurately. I liked it otherwise, but when I got my New Agent the LC9 just stayed in the safe.

Posted on a FB group and getting the usual "Just get this one, it's the same size, but 9mm."

I've exhausted myself explaining that I have zero interest in a "micro" 9mm. I like to put lead through a gun that I'll be carrying. If I don't shoot it, then I'm not sure I'll feel confident if I need it.

One of those things I think about every once in a while. "If X happened, would I feel comfortable taking the shot?". I want to say yes, but can't if I don't have a lot of experience with a particular weapon. /Rant.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

^ I am gonna be that guy.

I own the p938 and use it as my cc. It is very easy to handle and not fatigueing to shoot and practice with. Really the biggest reason I dont put more rounds through it is the 6 bullet mag size. Such a pain to reload....and the springs are stiff in them. In fact my wife who is 95lbs prefers it to my Vp9...even without the extended mag..... go figure. That said the 238 slide is much easier to rack for her... not that the 938 is hard ( one of the reasons I bought it). She could not rack the shield or g43 in 9mm. The trigger pull is heavy, which I liked as a saftey feature since as you stated there is no grip safety. After one year the external safety is still pretty stiff to engage on mine (its easier to disengage). It has been extremely reliable... no issues with jhp and mostly 124gr fmj. I have nit shot any +p loads through it.... that may expose the small frame to be hardee to handle recoil. It is an acurate gun, although I dont have much to compare it to in the sub compact class. However, I am not a huge fan of the sight picture as you need to have the sights covering the target.... I prefer a sight picture with the target resting on top of the sights. Realistically thougj if you ever had to use a ccw in real life odds are you going to be in a close quarter situation and not even using the sights.

All of that said, if the deal is on a 238 you really cant go wrong. I cant see how it wouldnt shoot just as well as its big brother. My boss has a p238 and she loves it!! I just didnt want to have to stock another caliber of ammo.

Also, a really nice saftey feature is the ability to rack the slide with the saftey on and hammer cocked. Makes clearing the firearm much safer than say a 1911 or glock for that matter. That was another reason I went with the Sig
                      Last edited by naplesE30; 07-06-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

So, I decided to pass on the Sig for now. Stopped back in and told the LGS owner that I decided against it, thanked him for his time and bought some ammo. Even though I didn't buy a gun, j found my new LGS so that's a plus!

Also, anyone checked this stuff out yet? I was skeptical, seems kind of gimmicky. A polymer/copper bullet? Penetrates like a FMJ, causes a cavity like a JHP, and designed to tumble?

Well, from the videos I've been watching, it's all true.

Interesting times, for sure. Picked up a case of that and some of the new Sig hollow points for my .45.

I realize this video is from the manufacturer, but I'm posting it because it shows great detail, and everything else I've seen from third party confirms it.

No E30 Club

Comment

Also got to handle one of these, it felt VERY nice.

I don't think I'll buy one any time soon, but it was damn cool.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            Also got to handle one of these, it felt VERY nice.

I don't think I'll buy one any time soon, but it was damn cool.

Isn't that basically just a chassis for a Glock 19? If they made one for a Sig I might get it :D

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

I got some wood in the mail today.

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
                                I got some wood in the mail today.

Looks awesome! How do you like the 75? Considered getting one last year but never pulled the trigger on it (my puns are bad).

Comment

Working...
                                X