No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke with my neighbor who had a break in the other night. We were BSing for a while and the subject of guns came up.

Through this discussion, I got permission to shoot on his property! W00t!

Sorry, just excited.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

So, in a roundabout way, his misfortune was your gain. Anytime someone lets you shoot on their property thats a win.

Comment

Gun Thread

I prefer the featherlight shot guns. Have an old Ithaca model 37 featherlight and a Savage 12 gauge feather light. I really like them. The Remington's are just so damn heavy for walking through tall grass trying to chase up pheasants.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Speaking of shotguns; what's a good semi-auto that is under $1k? The cheaper the better.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            Speaking of shotguns; what's a good semi-auto that is under $1k? The cheaper the better.
            what do you want to do with it? Hunt? 3-Gun? Selfdefense/plink?

Comment

Saiga 12 or vepr 12 , I have a saiga, but would have bought a vepr but they weren't around 6 years ago. 20 round drums make it awesome.

Comment

Duck hunt, dove hunt, clay target hunt...
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

A shotguns a shotgun, just cause its AK based doesn't mean its bad for hunting lol.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

That's what I always thought. However, The more I've been reading and researching them I am finding out there is a hell of a lot to them. Barrel length, back boring, chokes,weight, balance, you can get as complicated as you want to make it. Just from scratching the surface it definitely seems more in depth then I ever realized.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      A shotguns a shotgun, just cause its AK based doesn't mean its bad for hunting lol.
                      I have some 3 round mags and have taken ducks out of the air. You do get some odd looks too.

Comment

For a 100 bucks or so more I would be getting and FNH SLP.......... Its where I put my money they do come in a 21" or 22" variant.

PC261277 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

if your set on under a grand a mossy 930 would be a great option, but really get the FN.

edit:
                        Shit missed you desired uses, if you can get away with using a temp plug in the mag tube for hunting the SLP or 930 will be great options other wise I would be looking for nice used Browning A5 ( that the FN SLP is a more modern and robust version of) with the 3 shell fixed mag.
                        Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-08-2017, 07:25 PM.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          For a 100 bucks or so more I would be getting and FNH SLP.......... Its where I put my money they do come in a 21" or 22" variant.

PC261277 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

if your set on under a grand a mossy 930 would be a great option, but really get the FN.

edit:
                          Shit missed you desired uses, if you can get away with using a temp plug in the mag tube for hunting the SLP or 930 will be great options other wise I would be looking for nice used Browning A5 ( that the FN SLP is a more modern and robust version of) with the 3 shell fixed mag.
                          or cheaper yet there's the benelli super nova, or the sxs, I have a brain fart on who makes it, I'm thinking Browning.

Comment

I have a friend that got a new Browning A5, gold trigger, and that is a nice gun, I think he paid like $1600.

Have another friend that got a Beretta A350 xtrema. That is a sweet shooting gun, but he paid $1800 for that one...

My wife would kill me if I bought something that much. I got a suppressor last year and I'm still hearing about it.

Thought I could get a semi-auto, one that she can shoot as well, she likes her mossberg 500, for shooting skeet. We have a clay thrower.

I want something not as heavy as my 870, and a little nicer.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

I would look at the Beretta 1301, very versatile and can be had for $800ish

Comment

I have a Belgium Browning A5, Beretta over/under Silver Pigeon, Remington 870 20ga, but decided last night that I'm going to pick up a Beretta A300 in wood. Just about everything is good on the market now. I just want something that I feel good about...the A300 checks that box.
                                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Working...
                                X