X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a couple cans. Only answer.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I second this. The mark IV is an awesome .22lr. Easy to shoot and clean. If your girlfriend doesn’t like it, you will. Perfect training pistol. Anytime I start to feel myself flinching or anticipating out come the Mark IV. The target model is what I have and am very happy with it. Has a heavier barrel and aluminum fram vs the 22/45. Feels like a old school BB gun that you pumped 2x more than recommended. They are also very accurate. Just keep it clean and run decent ammo. Also for a few just a $$ you can add a hoop to back of slide to aid in charging it. I have not shot one, but the buck mark is just as good I am sure. Both have been around forever for good reason.

Rural King had a special not long ago on the buck mark for $269 after rebate I think it was. Worth checking into.

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
      Ruger MKI/II/III/IV or Browning Buckmark. Some people scoff at them because they're a target pistol and not "tacticool", but they're two of the best .22 pistols out there for beginners and pros alike. I prefer the Rugers due to the aftermarket support, but it's personal preference. Plus they tend to hold their values over the pot metal guns from Walther or Sig should you choose to sell it. My wife loved shooting my Ruger MKIII and was pissed when I sold it.

Another option would be a slide conversion for your Glock. Advantage Arms and Tactical Solutions make the better known versions, but reports are very mixed on the reliability. That said, a lot of the reliability concerns with .22 stem from ammo quality.
      Last edited by naplesE30; 11-06-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Get a couple cans. Only answer.
        Been on the list for a long time. I almost gave the credit card a workout when SiCo was running their buy one get one deal a couple months ago. I had more pressing expenditures at the time and I really prefer the offerings from Dead Air.

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        I second this. The mark IV is an awesome .22lr. Easy to shoot and clean. If your girlfriend doesn’t like it, you will. Perfect training pistol. Anytime I start to feel myself flinching or anticipating out come the Mark IV. The target model is what I have and am very happy with it. Has a heavier barrel and aluminum fram vs the 22/45. Feels like a old school BB gun that you pumped 2x more than recommended. They are also very accurate. Just keep it clean and run decent ammo. Also for a few just a $$ you can add a hoop to back of slide to aid in charging it. I have not shot one, but the buck mark is just as good I am sure. Both have been around forever for good reason.

Rural King had a special not long ago on the buck mark for $269 after rebate I think it was. Worth checking into.
        R/gundeals is a great place to watch around the holidays. Worst time of the year for disposable income, but great for gun deals.

Comment

Watch a video on cleaning one of the MKI/II/III The MKIV has a new design and much easier to clean.

I have a SR22 pistol from Ruger. Mine came threaded from the factory and a great host for my suppressor.

If possible, try to get a 22 suppressor, it will help with new shooters as well.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

The Mark IV is so much better just for cleaning over the Mark III. The moment you start to get fte, you can literally break it open, remove and wipe down the bolt, and extractor, oil and put it back together right in the shooting lane in under 1 min. Makes it so much more enjoyable than putting up with a dirty Mark III because you need to take it home to clean it. It also makes shooting higher round counts more fun. I go through at least 300 rounds every time I pack mine.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll look into those!
              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I have a pair of MKII 22/45, and they are fantastic. Tear down actually isn’t bad once you know what you’re doing.

That being said, I’d rather grab an AA conversion for the glock. I had a couple and had really good luck with the recommended ammo.

I really really want to grab a can (or three). Its on the list for sure.

As for PSA/Anderson, see my earlier rants on del-ton, etc. For the record, my AR is a del-ton kit on an anderson lower. To repeat, they are totally fine as long as you are realistic in your expectations.
                Last edited by Rob; 11-08-2018, 04:54 AM.
                BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  I have a pair of MKII 22/45, and they are fantastic. Tear down actually isn’t bad once you know what you’re doing.

That being said, I’d rather grab an AA conversion for the glock. I had a couple and had really good luck with the recommended ammo.
                  That has been my experience as well. The first time was painful, but there are so many videos out there explaining how to assemble and disassemble in excruciating detail. Personally, I don't like how simple it is to breakdown the MKIV. It seems like it's too easy to take down now and could accidentally pop the upper loose.

I thought about picking up a Polymer80 G19 size lower to pair with an AA slide. They're usually stupid cheap around Black Friday so you could put one together for around $300-350.

Comment

Uhhhh.... alrighty then.

Mossberg 590m.

I just don't know....
                    No E30 Club
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

kill it with fire! If you want a rapid reload, get an AR or PCC.

[Just me, you do you]
                      BEERTECH

Comment

I agree. If it was semi auto I could possibly dig it. As it is, abomination.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

I agree, I dont get it
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I would laugh if I saw someone actually using that monstrosity. Mossberg is really trying to milk it for all it's worth here. Should have made the pump out of m-lock so you could hang shit from it too while they were at it.

Comment

UMMM Wow................

Thats about all I have to say on that abortion
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                                I would laugh if I saw someone actually using that monstrosity. Mossberg is really trying to milk it for all it's worth here. Should have made the pump out of m-lock so you could hang shit from it too while they were at it.
                                That’s the magpul fore end so you can hang all kinds of stuff on it. Might as well go full reta.......never mind.
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X