No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love shotguns. It looks awesome. I'm not sure how practical. But, sometimes, the practicality just don't matter.

Like why I want a 37mm launcher.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Speaking of launchers, I have a friend that has the soda can launcher...now that is fun when you shoot it and then try and shoot the can with a shotgun...good times!
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

CMP 1911s are starting to arrive, and the first couple I've seen posted look really great.

Still not mad that I passed, but they are definitely cool...
        BEERTECH

Comment

I had a weak moment. Im gonna get in so much trouble.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

FN always has the best cases. Tell us how it shoots when your outta the dog house. I always justify impulse buys to the wife for a particular role it will serve. Sometimes it works and sometimes she tells me to cut the bullshit. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
              FN always has the best cases. Tell us how it shoots when your outta the dog house. I always justify impulse buys to the wife for a particular role it will serve. Sometimes it works and sometimes she tells me to cut the bullshit. Lol

Lol I have been trying to think of a way to justify it. Likely gonna get told to stfu. Gonna try and get out to the range tomorrow if the weather is decent. Supposed to snow.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Was able to go shoot it yesterday. But it was not a good day. The owners manual fails to mention that the gun has a break in period where 124gr +p needs to be used or the gun wont cycle or it will stove pipe new and spent rounds. I was just using regular 115gr and only shot maybe 7 rounds before i just gave up. Going to stop and grab some 124gr +p after work tonight and leave the slide back for a few days hopefully this fixes things. I checked over it and cycled snap caps through it. Everything was functioning so i think its just needing a break in.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Was able to go shoot it yesterday. But it was not a good day. The owners manual fails to mention that the gun has a break in period where 124gr +p needs to be used or the gun wont cycle or it will stove pipe new and spent rounds. I was just using regular 115gr and only shot maybe 7 rounds before i just gave up. Going to stop and grab some 124gr +p after work tonight and leave the slide back for a few days hopefully this fixes things. I checked over it and cycled snap caps through it. Everything was functioning so i think its just needing a break in.

That's actually a thing? I am shocked that a modern, mass produced, LE/Mil focused sidearm needs any break in.

I would contact FN, there's no reason that gun would require a +P break in. What was the ammo, steel case?

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                    That's actually a thing? I am shocked that a modern, mass produced, LE/Mil focused sidearm needs any break in.

I would contact FN, there's no reason that gun would require a +P break in. What was the ammo, steel case?

I used 2 different types on 115gr. Brass and aluminum casing. From talking to guys on the FN forums it sounds like its been this way for a while. The reason leo/mil dont have issues is they are using hot rounds in most cases. I will try these 124 +p nato rounds and if that doesn’t work. Call up FN and send it in. Sucks but o well not really mad about though. These things happens. No matter how good of a Manufacturer you are. You will still have somethings fail that fell through the cracks.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Honestly, I would call FN anyways, as you mentioned, things fall through the cracks, not sure what is going to drastically change so much with a little +P. Only other thing would be if the ammo was really weak PMC or you're limp wristing.

I once spent years chasing issues with a late 3rd gen Glock 17, spent a lot of my own money when i could have just sent it back for free

Comment

I thought the 509 shipped with two different springs? One for +p and suppressor use and one for standard rounds. I would def contact FN over that. No reason a reputable company like FN would not correct that issue.

Comment

I thought the 509 shipped with two different springs? One for +p and suppressor use and one for standard rounds. I would def contact FN over that. No reason a reputable company like FN would not correct that issue.

It does ship with two springs. A silver and yellow. The silver says its suits most ammo except lighter ammo for suppressors or just lighter grain ammo. And them the yellow is for those ammo’s.

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                          Honestly, I would call FN anyways, as you mentioned, things fall through the cracks, not sure what is going to drastically change so much with a little +P. Only other thing would be if the ammo was really weak PMC or you're limp wristing.

I once spent years chasing issues with a late 3rd gen Glock 17, spent a lot of my own money when i could have just sent it back for free

I tried calling just to confirm my theory. I guess the springs in the gun are heavier at first to prolong life so they weaken down the the desired weight. The +p ammo produces more pressure which so help soften the spring and be able to move the slide back far enough to grab the next round and eject the spent casing. It really seems like the issue is caused by not enough pressure to move the slide back. I had similar issue happen with my ruger and hotter ammo fixed it. Never had an issue since. I was using a bottom barrel ammo cause its just for target practice didn’t want to spend big bucks to put through paper. My boss said he had very similar issue with one of his mil spec pistols too. Hopefully FN clears this up. Just waiting to talk to someone

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Just got off the phone with FN. guy said before sending it in. If it wont shoot 124gr american eagle then i do have an issue. He said usually it takes anout 250 rounds to get everything jiving then they never hear back from us after that. If it doesnt shoot the 124 AE then its an issue cause they use AE for all of there test firing.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

That’s an assbackwards philosophy to me. In order to make something work longer, we will ship it with a part which doesn’t work flawlessly initially. I’m sure it will run well once “broken in” but that seems like it would lead to an unnecessary amount of calls being fielded by their customer service department. It should at the least be put in the owners manual in red font.

Comment

That’s an assbackwards philosophy to me. In order to make something work longer, we will ship it with a part which doesn’t work flawlessly initially. I’m sure it will run well once “broken in” but that seems like it would lead to an unnecessary amount of calls being fielded by their customer service department. It should at the least be put in the owners manual in red font.

100% agree on all statements. The owners manuals states nothing of it. Just the typical CYA statement on reloads

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X