Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Here is my budget 300blk pistol kit I just finished. All in for $307. I just threw a cheap 3x12 on it since it was laying around. Quality seems ok. Upper to lower has a little wobble but not bad considering. First lower build, and I think it took me 30mins max for assembly. I had no idea how easy it all was to put together.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wow thats cheap. I think I’m all in on mine for around $975. I went with aero precision upper and lower with the M4e1 atlas one handgaurd. Its more or less a complete Aero gun.

I just built this one. I had a upper laying around and built up a Spikes tactical lower for my old man.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I did handle both the spikes and aero lowers at my lgs. I really liked the aero in particular. You could tell it was quality, and it had a really nice mag flare incorporated into it. But, when you only have $260 into the entire upper and the lower parts kit I went with the lowest cost option lol.

Normally I am a quality then cost guy within reason, but this purchase was a opened email blast of “dang that special means I can do a whole ar pistol for under $300 thought”. Well close too anyway. It’s Just a phosphate barrel. I don’t plan on really using it all that much so I wasn’t concerned about longevity or accuracy to a point.

Comment

just cerakoted this patriot brown

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          I did handle both the spikes and aero lowers at my lgs. I really liked the aero in particular. You could tell it was quality, and it had a really nice mag flare incorporated into it. But, when you only have $260 into the entire upper and the lower parts kit I went with the lowest cost option lol.

Normally I am a quality then cost guy within reason, but this purchase was a opened email blast of “dang that special means I can do a whole ar pistol for under $300 thought”. Well close too anyway. It’s Just a phosphate barrel. I don’t plan on really using it all that much so I wasn’t concerned about longevity or accuracy to a point.

I wish my lgs would of had aero’s in stock all they had was the spikes i used. I had to order my aero lower from them and will have to deal with the FFL transfer crap. Hoping it ships soon
          My upper will be here Saturday so I will just be waiting for my lower and the LPK to arrive from aero and one of their BCG’s I decided to snag too.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

just cerakoted this patriot brown

Normally I’m not for anything but black. However, that is a good looking color, and sharp looking build. Did you do it yourself? The cerakote that is.

Comment

Have any of you guys seen this? Pretty cool.

89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                Have any of you guys seen this? Pretty cool.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...61-228236.aspx
                I'm hoping they'll make a 10.5" version at some point.

I'm not really interested in the full size unless it's an original style and designed to match a repro AR180 lower.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                  I'm hoping they'll make a 10.5" version at some point.

I'm not really interested in the full size unless it's an original style and designed to match a repro AR180 lower.
                  That's kinda of my opinion. If they make a 10.5 that would make the ultimate truck gun with a side folder.

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                    That's kinda of my opinion. If they make a 10.5 that would make the ultimate truck gun with a side folder.
                    Something like that already exists... it's called a Sig MCX :)

All kidding aside I am digging Brownell's repro vintage stuff. The XM177 has been calling my name lately
                    -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                      Something like that already exists... it's called a Sig MCX :)

All kidding aside I am digging Brownell's repro vintage stuff. The XM177 has been calling my name lately
                      I really do want a .300blk Rattler. Sig has turned me off based on a lot of their recent actions as a company though, so in addition to the hefty price tag, that has pushed it down my want list.

Comment

I really do want a .300blk Rattler. Sig has turned me off based on a lot of their recent actions as a company though, so in addition to the hefty price tag, that has pushed it down my want list.
                        That's sad but true. I love my Sig but I don't see myself buying anything else from them given what else is out there... mainly Q and their Honey Badger
                        -Alex

Comment

Ive been in the dark what have they done?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

For one they had terrible waiting times and communication about it. I tried to get a 716 Patrol. At first they quoted a delivery time of 3 months which is okay. Then it was 1 year. Then it was "unknown" and they didn't take any more orders. In that time the price went up. Now it seems you either get one with acceptable waiting times or none at all.

Bought the HK MR 308/G28 then. Delivery time 3 days from the factory. Best gun i ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              Customer service has been a huge issue for Sig historically. Some people have received great service, but it seems like there were just as many negative reviews as positive.

Then completely bumblefucking the whole P320 drop safety issue until they basically were forced to address it because a handful of gun channels were able to replicate the fault and clearly illustrate it was a real and widespread problem.

Thinking they would have learned from that, when the new P365s came out there were issues with firing pins breaking and Sig decided to downplay that as well. AGAIN youtubers were showing the same problems that owners were reporting so they released statement and a "voluntary" recall to replace what they said was a bad heat treat with some of their firing pins or some BS. After the P320 debacle they should have just addressed it head on, apologized, and said that due to it being a new design that they anticipated issues but thought they had all been ironed out. Instead they tried to say there was nothing wrong and brushed owners off AGAIN.

Now it looks like instead of licensing the SB Tactical brace for their new "pivoting blah blah brace system", as they have been since SB designed the original brace, they've all but stolen the design and cut SB out entirely. I get that is a business decision as it's probably a hell of a lot cheaper to manufacture something in house if you're capable. I don't know if there is more to the story on this, but I really don't like it when an already huge company profits off of someone else's hard work unless they're being compensated.

I own several Sigs and I'd still like to try out a P365. But until Sig is willing to sack up and put customers before investors, I won't be going out of my way to add any of their new products to my safe.

Comment

Customer service has been a huge issue for Sig historically. Some people have received great service, but it seems like there were just as many negative reviews as positive.

Then completely bumblefucking the whole P320 drop safety issue until they basically were forced to address it because a handful of gun channels were able to replicate the fault and clearly illustrate it was a real and widespread problem.

Thinking they would have learned from that, when the new P365s came out there were issues with firing pins breaking and Sig decided to downplay that as well. AGAIN youtubers were showing the same problems that owners were reporting so they released statement and a "voluntary" recall to replace what they said was a bad heat treat with some of their firing pins or some BS. After the P320 debacle they should have just addressed it head on, apologized, and said that due to it being a new design that they anticipated issues but thought they had all been ironed out. Instead they tried to say there was nothing wrong and brushed owners off AGAIN.

Now it looks like instead of licensing the SB Tactical brace for their new "pivoting blah blah brace system", as they have been since SB designed the original brace, they've all but stolen the design and cut SB out entirely. I get that is a business decision as it's probably a hell of a lot cheaper to manufacture something in house if you're capable. I don't know if there is more to the story on this, but I really don't like it when an already huge company profits off of someone else's hard work unless they're being compensated.

I own several Sigs and I'd still like to try out a P365. But until Sig is willing to sack up and put customers before investors, I won't be going out of my way to add any of their new products to my safe.
                                Man that is really unfortunate. My 226 has been one of my favorite guns in the safe. I knew the 320 had a widespread issue but hadn't heard of the other issues. I too still wound't be opposed to trying one to see if it would beat out my Glock.

I think I am going to get a CZ 75 SP-01. I can't seem to get away from the DA/SA guns
                                Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 02-10-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X