X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the supreme court legalized price fixing today

Corrupt corporations +1
    Consumers 0

cliff notes: 96 years ago it was decided that big business couldn't set a minimum price on the sale of goods. This way, competition would keep the prices low. They just over turned that on the premise that competition between brick and mortar and the internet wasn't fair, so manufacturers should be able to set a minimum sale price on goods (that distributors/retail outlets can charge). The implications are of course much greater, and it makes it nearly impossible to prove price fixing.

sometimes you gotta wonder how much crack those idiots are one

/end rant

everybody should stop voting for the 2 major parties and vote in a new party such as the libertarians. when that party is corrupted then repeat process.
    Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
    Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

supply and demand laws still stand. this isn't that big of deal.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
        Yep. We're still in a free market economy. Businesses do what they feel is necessary to make more money. If people are willign to pay it, then they will charge it. If you don't like the fixed price of something, then don't buy it.

In the end, demand will determine the price of goods.

Comment

it's awesome when trent gets to the thread first.... because I usually don't have to add anything besides maybe a slightly more tactful way of presenting an idea ... +1
          PNW Crew
          90 m3
          06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by peller View Post
            sometimes you gotta wonder how much crack those idiots are one
            one??? 1? 11? one??!!1

oh wait, you probably meant on.

well, i wonder the same thing about the posters here who are clueless on politics, the world, or economics and feel like they are in the position to post their version of the "facts"

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
              it's awesome when trent gets to the thread first.... because I usually don't have to add anything besides maybe a slightly more tactful way of presenting an idea ... +1
              yea man :cheers:

Comment

Dude, I know i helped you with your econ, but you're not right on this one homie.

Price fixing isn't a good thing, and it won't be 'over-ruled' by supply & demand.

Price fixing can also equate to gouging on necessities. It would be like setting a price of $20 for a roll of toilette paper. Sure, everyone will claim, "fine, I don't need TP, I'll use leaves/newspaper!" but in the end, thats a lie.

The BS about Brick & Mortar vs. Internet is complete shit. Run a reputable business and you'll make money, no matter what people on the interweb are selling the shit for. Heck, want to see the prime example of internet shopping? How many threads are on R3V asking "Where is the cheapest..." or "Oh I found that same piece for $.08 less here...." If people are going to price shop like that, good fucking luck to them.

Then people wonder why customer service/loyalty has gone into the dumpster.

:roll:
                Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                  Dude, I know i helped you with your econ, but you're not right on this one homie.

Price fixing isn't a good thing, and it won't be 'over-ruled' by supply & demand.

Price fixing can also equate to gouging on necessities. It would be like setting a price of $20 for a roll of toilette paper. Sure, everyone will claim, "fine, I don't need TP, I'll use leaves/newspaper!" but in the end, thats a lie.

The BS about Brick & Mortar vs. Internet is complete shit. Run a reputable business and you'll make money, no matter what people on the interweb are selling the shit for. Heck, want to see the prime example of internet shopping? How many threads are on R3V asking "Where is the cheapest..." or "Oh I found that same piece for $.08 less here...." If people are going to price shop like that, good fucking luck to them.

Then people wonder why customer service/loyalty has gone into the dumpster.

:roll:
                  please save all your effort and energy so you will have the needed strength to hang onto jordans ballsac you fucking traitor
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                    please save all your effort and energy so you will have the needed strength to hang onto jordans ballsac you fucking traitor
                    Old fuck, you hated Ari long before anyone, so don't get your depends in a bunch because I called him out. Also, I don't see the point in throwing shit on someones for sale thread when they've all but disappeared from the 'internets' for 2 years. Maybe you're just mesmerized by the photos of ari's shit stained white ass?

FYI, 20k wasn't a reasonable asking price. I would have asked 32k.
                    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post

I disagree. If somebody wants to sell their TP for more, somebody else will sell theirs for less and gain the business.

Comment

I like price fixing. It makes things fair for the schmucks who can't afford stuff.

Comment

I disagree. If somebody wants to sell their TP for more, somebody else will sell theirs for less and gain the business.
                          Huh?

Price fixing would probably lead to better customer service as there would be no more price incentives between brands. It could also lead to companies raping the consumer on necessities because the customer will have no alternative.

If "supply and demand" will still flourish, what was the point of changing the policy anyway? Someone is trying to get over...

91 318is

Comment

If these are just gentlemen's agreements then i retract my statement, but what I don't see is why there needs to be anything "official" stating this is allowed if someone can just undercut the price. If that's the case, nothing at all will change.

91 318is

Comment

I support this man's bid for the oval office.
                              Im now E30less.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X