cost of owning a dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thectrlguy Cruise is beautiful!!!:)

If you adopt an adult dog, they are usually a lot easier to house break them. I have fosters here at my house all the time, and I actually do the potty training here.
    I use a crate at night that fits the dog, and the animal is always in my room with me and Ali. I make sure they can see me from the kennel, and also be able t see Ali as well.
    Most dogs...............(and there is always one r3ver in the bunch that breaks this rule), But dogs normally do not void in their crates. You just have to get up in the morning and make sure the first thing you do is go for a walk.
    Always reward the animal too when it pees or poops. I always have little training treats with me when I am breaking in a new kid.

Dogs are easy to work with..................... people on the other hand suck!

Oh there is a lot of good info here on our website too.

http://www.hope4animals.org/behavior.html

Comment

$300 for a puppy?!?!?! the mutts at the shelter around here are $85 and are fixed and have their shots. and to be honest, Mutts are THE BEST dogs. be prepared for the unexspected $300 vet visit once and a while. My dog had 1 appointment for 4 weeks, all because she was stupid and scratched her eye.
      i really think a dog is a must with a family. they are great.

Chloe & my Kitty

NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
        $300 for a puppy?!?!?! the mutts at the shelter around here are $85 and are fixed and have their shots. and to be honest, Mutts are THE BEST dogs. be prepared for the unexspected $300 vet visit once and a while. My dog had 1 appointment for 4 weeks, all because she was stupid and scratched her eye.
        i really think a dog is a must with a family. they are great.

Chloe & my Kitty

Mutts FTW!!! I had one from 8 to last summer. He was the best dog evar!! (and his name was, wait for it... Bingo.)
        '89 325i track sloot
        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Thanks!! I love that big dummy!!!

Originally posted by SandyEggoE30Girl View Post
          thectrlguy Cruise is beautiful!!!:)

Comment

I love dogs but I NEVER plan on owning one ever again. We spent 7k trying to keep ours alive. Yeah we're fucking crazy, but we tried.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Who cares how much it costs :)

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
              Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
              E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

me and my wife talk about that all the time, how much would we spend. i just dont think i can spen more than $1k on a pet for 1 pet visit
                NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Some vets are fuckin nutty man... I was just telling this to my buddy yesterday.

We took our dog (and previous dogs) to this one vet, they did a good job you know, no complaints from us. Anyways they get a new building and their whole attitude changed. Every time I would bring my dog in they would guilt trip me for so much crap. "Oh your dog is too fat you need to take her for walks"... my rebuttle is "Then I would have to take a damn walk" They also were really adiment about me doing stupid shit like brushing my dogs teeth every other day... WTF?! Who brushes their dogs teeth at all let alone every other day? The final straw was when they told me my dog was "depressed"... I told them to stick it up their ass and left.

With my dog, I never took her for walks, now shes fat and lazy and doesn't even like to do go on walks. If you try to walk her she gets excited out the door, then she is good for about 2 blocks before she wants to go home.

I also have the stupidest golden ever. I swear to god she is 1/2 cat and 3/4 retarded. My dog hates being outside, sleeps all day, LOVES the sun. It will be damn near 100F outside and shes sitting in the sun just getting cooked. Also in winter when we have fires inside she sits 6 inches away from the fire place and gets so hot it almost burns your hand to pet her. Also, she can't swim... wtf kind of golden can't swim?? She hates the water. She won't retrieve anything either. Also she is a whore for carrots and other misc vegetables.
                  Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

So why do you keep her?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyEggoE30Girl View Post
                      So why do you keep her?
                      Because shes totally awesome lol

I don't care if shes stupid or fat ;)
                      Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

OH! OK then!:) DOGS ROCK!

Comment