Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myrtle Beach, SC --- Anyone here from there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myrtle Beach, SC --- Anyone here from there?

Anyone here live in / near Myrtle Beach, SC?

What's it like to live there?

How do you like it?

Gimme some info :D

Thanks!

I'm living in Wilmington, NC which is an hour (?) north, on the coast. The beaches are great, but the traffic can get crappy, especially during the summer. I'm sure Myrtle Beach gets even worse, as it is much more touristy. If you're a golfer, than you couldn't pick a better place to live.

It gets hot, and quite humid, but it's not too bad once you get on the beach. Great seafood too. There's lots of New Englanders living here, and I think Myrtle is pretty similar. All in all, it's a nice escape from the urban lifestyle, but I think I prefer living in a big city, at least at this point in my life.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

We've got a Condo in North Myrtle beach, right on the beach, walk out the back door and its all sand. Just awesome, we just got back from a 2 week getaway there last week. Traffic does pick up in the summer, but its never been horrible for us. Quite a few things to do, just takes alittle longer to get to things compared to living in downtown city/suburb areas, but I love it and we'll probably never sell.

Comment

I currently live in Long Island, NY --- I hate the northeast and want to leave ASAP.

I'm looking at a job in Myrtle Beach --- my wife and I are from Atlanta, GA, so we're excited about coming back to the South.

I'd appreciate any info you guys can give us on the area, taxes, property costs, etc.

Thanks!

Comment

Myrtle Beach is a great place. TONS of stuff to do. I have family about an hour west of there. Watch out for sand ticks though.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Too crowded and commercialized for me, alot of traffic at peak vacation time. Otherwise its a pretty cool place to vacation.

Comment

my friend lives in charlston/james island. he grew up there, came to az to go to uti, lived here for 4 years (scottsdale, az) then moved back, got bored of it with in a year. talked to him a week ago and he wants to move back. he said the roads, the popo, and the traffic there sucks, he misses doing 120 on the freeway when ever he wants to w/o fear of a ticket.
              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I spent a few years in Wilmington NC in the early 80's...before it was discovered and ruined. There was a popular bumper sticker in our area. It said "Preserve Wrightsville Beach, The alternative lies 60 miles south" Wrightsville was the small, quiet beach we all hung out at. Myrtle Beach was where we used to go to f*#k drunk yankee girls. It was a shithole then, I cant imagine it now. If you like traffic jams and golf, you'll dig MB.

Real estate prices there are obscene. However if you're used to the market in the northeast, you probably wont have a problem with prices there though.

Everything is relative I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X