Worst living thing you ever hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst living thing you ever hit?

I was out joy riding in the m3 and I accidentally squished a chipmunk.

Then I was thinking of funny animals to hit.

Here are my worst:

A kitten, I was downtown in the left lane of a 4 lane road (2 each way), there was a median to my left separating traffic, and a car to my right. There was a SUV maybe 3-4 car lengths infront of me, I see him jerk the wheel kinda hard so I look down and I see a kitten prancing across the road. It was too close to me so I didn't want to lock the brakes and get rear ended (traffic was rather heavy) and I didn't have anywhere to swerve for it. So I tried to straddle it but it ran twords my wheels and got mushed.

I kinda felt a little bad for that one, because it was the typical "kitten prancing" kitten.

A Bird, this one was kinda funny. My buddy has a 190e 2.6, and he got a 190 2.3 car he was reselling. It seemed like the 2.3 accelerated a ton faster so we wanted to see how different it was 0-60 vs the 2.6. So we go out to a county road thats about 5 miles dead straight. Each take a lane and stop and are just gonna go up to 60mph and see what the difference is.

I'm in the 2.6 and at about 50mph a bird swoops down infront of the windshield. WAM I just smoked it, it was loud as hell. Lucky it didn't crack the glass or anything, it was just a little startling.
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

I ran over a great big raccoon once with my passenger front tire. It made the most horrible noise and actually jarred the steering wheel a bit. Luckily I'm still 4x4 so I didn't mess up my spoiler.

One time my mom hit a squirrel but only squished the body, so looking in the rear view mirror I could still see this big poofy tail stuck to the pavement and blowing in the wind.

Comment

haha, I was in my buddys car and he hit a squirrel. Funny thing was it stuck to the tire and when we parked in his driveway a mile later it was still stuck on there.

Comment

I haven't hit anything driving ever, but as I was coming out of my old work one night after we closed, someone had hit a cat right in front of the parking lot. I ran over to it to see if it was ok, and when I picked it up, it was bleeding from its head, and kind of shaking/twitching. It shuddered a few more times and died in my hands. It was pretty god damn depressing, to say the least.

I'm surprised I haven't hit a deer yet. We have fuckloads of them here, and I drive like a bat out of hell on the backroads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          I haven't hit anything driving ever, but as I was coming out of my old work one night after we closed, someone had hit a cat right in front of the parking lot. I ran over to it to see if it was ok, and when I picked it up, it was bleeding from its head, and kind of shaking/twitching. It shuddered a few more times and died in my hands. It was pretty god damn depressing, to say the least.

I'm surprised I haven't hit a deer yet. We have fuckloads of them here, and I drive like a bat out of hell on the backroads.
          When I was in high school we were working on my car, and when I started to back out of the garage, I ran over one of our kittens.
          I cried for days..............

Comment

Why would you go pickup a dead cat? If it got ran over with maybe the exception of its tail its obviously going to die...

Comment

Here is all the animals that i hit/ran over.
              5 Deer
              2 Coons
              3 or 4 opossums
              1 turkey
              a few small birds
              countless squirrels
              any snakes i see.
              1 Tree, i know it's not a animal but it did fall on me when i was going down the road.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
                Why would you go pickup a dead cat? If it got ran over with maybe the exception of its tail its obviously going to die...
                I literally saw it get hit, it just barely got tagged by the very corner of the front airdam of the car that hit it. It got knocked to the side of the road, and I was hoping that it maybe just broke something and would be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
                  Here is all the animals that i hit/ran over.
                  5 Deer
                  2 Coons
                  3 or 4 opossums
                  1 turkey
                  a few small birds
                  countless squirrels
                  any snakes i see.
                  1 Tree, i know it's not a animal but it did fall on me when i was going down the road.
                  Holy shit haha

I have hit 1 deer, and 2 have hit me.

The one I hit was in my mazda, I wasn't paying attention at all and I hit it at 60mph or so. good thing was it popped straight in the air and I watched it fall. Didn't do like ANY damage though. Put a dent in my hood and that was about it.

The 2 that hit me was the first one in my M, it ran into my driver door when I was passing. The other one I was at a DEAD STOP in my explorer, I was waiting for these deer to cross the road. Then I hear a WAM, and one stupid deer hit me in the back passenger quarter panel... WTF? Deer are so stupid.

Comment

I literally saw it get hit, it just barely got tagged by the very corner of the front airdam of the car that hit it. It got knocked to the side of the road, and I was hoping that it maybe just broke something and would be ok.
                    Ah ok. ;)

Comment

I hit a little dog at 120mph and cause extensive damage to the front right side of the car. I was so pissed that someone let their dog out I went to see if it had a collar. I ripped the head right off the body. So no luck. I wish people would follow leash laws.
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Jennifer Lopez. No shit, Fanzotti was running past her and kicked her in the leg. She's the worst living thing I've ever hit. But then again I'm sure some of you would want to hit it.

Comment

The one deer that hit me, i was in my Dakota and seen it in standing in the ditch. So i rev'd the motor to scare it away from the road, so what does it do? The dumb thing charges and rams my door. It was like a 6 point buck. :-x

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I saw a bigish dog (lab?) get hit like 10 years ago, it still haunts me. I LOVE dogs, and honestly would prefer to hit a person...they're disposable right?

I've not hit anything as far as I know, but a friend of mine hit a pigeon with me in the car. It was hilarious because there were two in our way, and he accelerated at them expecting them to fly away. They did (or so we thought) and we didn't think anything of it. About a week later I am in his driveway and see two legs hanging out below the bumper cover of his car. After laughing our asses off we got to work fishing the maggoty mess out from between the radiator and bumper. It was pretty funny.

Comment

I once hit a blacktail fawn. It was one of those situations where the deer seemingly wait on the side of the road and then run across the road as the car approaches. So on this particular night I was going down the road and I saw 3 deer prance across the street in the distance. I didn't think anything of it so I slowed down a little to give them a chance to make it across. And then once they were clear and I crossed their path behind them, 2 more jumped right out in front of my car. I slammed on the breaks as they barely made it across. And I thought to myself "Whew! That was close!" and then in the next moment of the rapid deceleration the fawn was not far behind them and BOOM! I hit it dead on and it landed in the ditch on the side of the road.

My record for other animals include:

2 cats (at the same time)
                              1 dog
                              3 squirrels

A funny clip from Family Guy about hitting a deer

Comment

Working...
                              X